Day 1!

Discussion in 'Exante - Diaries' started by mrsdkt2012, 4 March 2014.

1. mrsdkt2012

mrsdkt2012 Well-Known Member

I have just started this today, I had the apple and cinnamon porridge for breakfast, yack!! Its so sweet i was forcing it down and then left the last quarter! Is the plain porridge any better!

I am hoping to have a toffee bar for lunch and the spag bol meal for tea!

2. smidge87

smidge87 Well-Known Member

Enjoy and good luck! Don't worry, your tastes change once you hit ketosis so you might end up loving that porridge lol :p
  3. TAUPE

TAUPE Well-Known Member

Yes good luck and keep on with the packs. you get used to them.
  4. zara877

zara877 Well-Known Member

Hi danielle. When I first started exante the porridge was the first one I had and it was absolutely vile and then I tried the apple and cinamon and thort the same. But try the shakes out chocolate left a after taste but wen I added a spoon of coffee it tasted lovely. Especially if u add coffee to the vanilla shake taste like a nice latte and u can have it warm or cold with ice and blend turns into a nice frappe. Pasta cabonara is not that bad too add a bit of ur own seasoning like chilli, pepper ect x

Hope that helps
  5. mrsdkt2012

Thank You! That is a great help! I love porridge and have plain porridge every day, it was a lovely consistency, quite like ready brek! However the taste, especially the after taste was awful!! I will be trying spag bol tonight, and maybe shepherds pie tomorrow!
  6. x-Katie-x

x-Katie-x Well-Known Member

The joy is that your misery has cheered me right up :) That was one phone call I'll never forget!

Very proud of you for starting, love you lots xx
  7. mrsdkt2012

Lol! Had a spag bol for my tea - I loved it! Put a bit of black pepper in! Best thing I've had all day! Still hungry though! :( x
  8. smidge87

smidge87 Well-Known Member

Glad you've at least enjoyed something today! Only a couple days to go and that hunger will disappear :)
  9. x-Katie-x

As I said you can now look forward to breakfast :) As Smidge said the hunger will pass in a couple of days, until then wish your lovely hubby good luck from me - he's got a lot to put up with lol :p
  10. MissMia

MissMia Well-Known Member

Heyyy! good luck on your journey! Hope your first day is going well and you're not suffering too much!
    Any of the milkshakes are nice with coffee :D (banana vanilla chocolate strawberry or choc mint)...
    The toffee and the choc orange bars are yummy!
    As soon as you kick into ketosis you won't feel hungry! Xx
  11. Darcy15

Darcy15 A woman on a mission!

Hello and welcome! :)
  12. mrsdkt2012

I am having a toffee shake this morning and a double chocolate bar for lunch, had my porridge at 8 yesterday (which i thought was really late as I normally eat a yoghurt and a banana at 6:20!) So today I am hopefully going to hold off till 9ish as I was so hungry when I got home last night!! In the end I was like kids get your coats on we are going to Morrisons to look for liquids I'm allowed to drink lol!

13. mrsdkt2012

Managed to last till 12 and now enjoying my shake! Its yummy! Better than that bloody porridge! x
  14. x-Katie-x

So glad that today has been better and that you've found packs you like xx
  15. mrsdkt2012

I had the shepards pie for tea and that was lovely too just added a bit of black pepper and some chilli flakes :) -- Day 3 and woke up bloody starving! Not a good start! x
  16. MissMia

MissMia Well-Known Member

There's a thread here on minimins somewhere that gives you a list of what drinks you can have! I Googled it and it came up lol.... But Bouillon and coke zero are what I have... Sometimes green tea or peppermint! X
  17. mrsdkt2012

I found ribena plus the red apple one you can have but its rubbish so at the min just drinking water and 1 can of dr pepper zero x
  18. bunchomonkeys

bunchomonkeys This time its personal!!

I haven't tried the Ribena - strange question though, does the apple leave your mouth dry as some apple drinks do?

Still can't believe how much you hate the porridge - its my fave and you can take those icky sheperds pies off me with pleasure! lol
  19. mrsdkt2012

The ribena didn't really taste of much! It was really watered down prob 1/16 but it was a change from water, I used to drink pepsi max a lot so its a bit weird no longer having that!

Just having my banana shake and its yummy! I really am glad not everything is yucky! It helps if it tastes half decent! - the porridge is all yours lol! How i got through day 1 eating that is beyond me! - I went to my SW class last night and lost 4lb, i felt like a traitor but that means since weighing on tue night - i forgot tue morning! I have lost 5lb :)
  20. bunchomonkeys

bunchomonkeys This time its personal!!

I only have one banana and not tried it yet - keep eating the things I know I like instead, and after trying the mushroom risotto the other night I was reminded WHY I can be a little nervious of trying other ones! I liked the texture but the taste was, erm..... how can I phrase it? Not to my taste. lol

I shouldn't say that as there is only that and the sheperds pie I can't stand, but I will be ok living on porridge for a bit :D esp if I keep shedding the weight!

Well done on your loss by the way! I remember going to WW years ago and having done Slim Fast for a week and they asked me mid group infront of everyone what I had done different to lose so much in a week! I had to tell a porky and say that I had increased my exercise and gone back to basics and written everything down again blah blah lol Ooops!

Bet you are feeling better now ketosis must have hit you too :)