DAY 1

Discussion in 'Cambridge Diet 100% Posts!' started by cooky888, 13 April 2009 Social URL.

1. cooky888

cooky888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.66%)
    Diet:
    cambridge SS
    Hi there,
    Not sure if this is the right forum to post on. Have started Cambridge today sole source so far is going ok just wanted to introduce myself and get to know other peoples stories and progress. For breakfast i had porridge which tasted disgusting and i left most of it, lunch strawberry shake which wasnt too bad and im planning to have oriental soup for dinner tonight. Dont feel really hungry just drinking lots of water hoping to keep going and keep thinking this is not forever. Any tips or inspiration welcome.
    Thanks
    Hayley

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Bess

Bess Plod, plod, plod.....

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    No S ing & sensible eating.
    Welcome Hayley, you'll find lots of support on here. Do try to 'eat' all your Cambridge meals, you need all the nutrients they contain. You'll have to experiment a bit with the flavours to find some that you do like. You are right, it isn't for ever and you'll soon be beginning to see significant weight losses. Don't overdo the water, 4 pints is plenty, and don't drink lots all at once - sip it throughout the day if you can. Good luck.

4. misscheeky

misscheeky Gold Member

:welcome: to minimins and cd. i restarted today aswell for the 10th time. 1st time is golden time - do not break it for a anything!

bess is right do try and fin you shakes even if not nice, as u go on you will find a few that you really like. i love the tetra's so handy no blender to wash!!!

try and keep busy and have a early night, pamper yourself, have a bath paint your nails etc.

5. cooky888

cooky888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.66%)
    Diet:
    cambridge SS
    Thanks for the reply Bess which soup is the best for my first day ?

6. cooky888

cooky888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.66%)
    Diet:
    cambridge SS
    Hi Miss Cheeky
    Yeah im going to have a hot bath soon after tea then go to bed early good luck on your first day back x

7. Latina Inglesa

Latina Inglesa Full Member

Start Weight:
    21st11lb
    Current Weight:
    21st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi, this is my first time on the CD too so you are not alone.

I am on day 4 now and have found that some of the shakes are much nicer than the others.

Good luck on it, I hope you find some flavours that you really like :D

Jo

8. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Hi, I'm on week one still. With the porridge my CDC advised adding a little flavour from the toffee and walnut to it (just a teaspoon) to make it palatable. It tastes similar to Oats so Simple then. I cannot stand cinnamon, so the apple and cinnamon was out for me!

I've tried doing it with a few flavours and chocolate is also nice.

I find that the choc mint shake, made into a hot choc really fills me in the evenings, rather than soup, which I don't always fancy.

Good luck!

9. Neptune

Neptune Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st7lb
    Current Weight:
    27st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hello, I'm starting SS on Friday (have my first CD appointment on Thursday), am just trying to decide which shakes etc to choose for the week, am going to cut down on the carbs/ calories starting from tomorrow to try and make the transition easier. How has everyone found their first few days?... :) I really want to do well.

10. Watergirl

Watergirl Rock Solid

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(12.24%)
    Diet:
    Exante + Protein + Weights!
    Hi Neptune. I found the first few days not too bad at all personally and I'm sure that you will too. :)

If you are feeling motivated, have already reduced your carbs and drink lots of water that definitely helps.

My CDC is lovely and supportive which is also good. Only just recently found this forum, but already finding the people are friendly and helpful and reading the posts has been an amazing distraction for me. Good luck with it!

11. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

Hi and welcome, this is my first time and Im a week in, its going well so far 100%.Im starting to go off the soups a bit, everones tastes are different but i couldn't stomach the oriental chili at all. my fav is chicken and mushroom. It is difficult finding flavours that you like but get a variety and see what appeals.

12. Angela83

Angela83 Silver Member

Hi Neptune, get a variety of shakes/meals but maybe get some extra ones just incase theres something you really don't like, you can always swap unopened packs at your next visit.

13. Enough

Enough Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    14st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(10.53%)
    Diet:
    SW
    I'm on day one tooooo! :D

have you got a list of treats and rewards?

Here are my favourites so far:

fresh flowers
    a relaxing bath
    fresh bed sheets
    cinema
    hair cut
    massage
    minimins!! :)
    a swim

I'm going to save a FORTUNE on this - mainly cutting out the boozy nights out and replacing them with nights out on the bubbly!! (water, that is!!)..

And it's amazing how much money I spend on nonsense.. drinks, snacks, lunch can cost me 3 or 4 quid a day easily..

..so I'm going to spend that money on ME!! :)

perfume, occasional items of clothing that I ACTUALLY LIKE! :p..

..so, that's a start anyway! I think this is going to be great - but then, I'm only on day 1, so I guess I would think that!!

Hopefully, if I get on with living, I'll stop noticing that I'm not eating as much as I was!

All the best everyone!

Vxx

14. Neptune

Neptune Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st7lb
    Current Weight:
    27st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi guys, thanks for the welcome/ advice.... I've decided I'm going to get a variety of shakes, porridge and soups, I'm hoping at least this way throughout the course of the first week i'll find out which flavours I like/ dislike and it might distract me slightly if I am finding it hard.

I got my Mum to take some full body photos of my yesterday so I can compare them before, during and after as I'm going along - this wasn't great, felt disgusted with the way I look and the way people see me afterwards :eek:

I just want Friday to be here (not that I like wishing the week away) so that I can start. Have a good monday everyone :)

15. cooky888

cooky888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.66%)
    Diet:
    cambridge SS
    Thanks everyone for the advice and tips and good luck to all fellow newcomers and regulars this week x

16. julz4gbr

julz4gbr want to mini

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    14st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(7.37%)
    Diet:
    lipotrim, cambridge..now atkins, and now exante,now slim and save
    Hi all,
    I have just had my first meeting and will be starting SS tomorrow.Feel a bit nervous and I dont know why as I did lipotrim for a few months and did really well, just fell of the wagon. Anyway will try and keep to it and update my ticker.

17. emma237

emma237 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    309lb
    Current Weight:
    175lb
    Goal Weight:
    159lb
    Lost(%):
    134lb(43.37%)
    Hi welcome and good luck with your weightloss x

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. cooky888

cooky888 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(14.66%)
    Diet:
    cambridge SS
    Thanks and congrats on your weight loss to date x

20. Neptune

Neptune Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st7lb
    Current Weight:
    27st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi good luck, hope your first days are going well, I have my first meeting with my CDC tomorrow and am starting SS on friday, I can't wait. x

21. bennyali

bennyali New Member

Start Weight:
    20st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge
    Hi there,

Im on day 1 today, im struggling a bit if im honest but hey its only day 1 i guess. Trying to keep myself occupied and forget about food and eating but its hard!

Its great to read all the messages of support on this forum though.

Ben

22. Neptune

Neptune Full Member

Start Weight:
    28st7lb
    Current Weight:
    27st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st4lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi Ben

Your doing really well, the first days nearly over, you should be proud of yourself, do something else to take your mind off it, go for a walk, have a bath, anything... you can do it. x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.