Day 10 of Cambridge and looking for buddies!

No tiggemma is right no bars in first two weeks. I say I'm on week 2 but technically I'm on week three.
I didn't weigh myself the first week because I wanted to make sure I could stick to it so I weighed myself after doing ss+ for a week. I'm sure that sounds really stupid but I'm a restarter and I tried a few times to restart and this time I seem to be doing well and sticking to it. I have only cheated once in three weeks and that was a chocolate biscuit, just the one!

I don't know what my start weight was but I think I probably was 12.5
Week 1 - 11.11
Week 2 - 11.8.6
Week 3 -11.7.6 (think cause of totm).

By goal is 10.7 by 1st December then maintain for December and lose the last stone and a half in January to reach goal of 9.7. I'm gona do lost of positive thinking, I can do this, I will be thin! I'm making a choice ?

Hi guys!

It's so nice to hear from people who are in a similar position. I used to go to the gym 6 days per week and I even met my husband there. We were both so fit but 2 young children later and working full time we just don't find the time to fit exercise into our routine now and we've obviously both gained weight.

I've never replied to these posts before and part of the reason is that so many people were trying to lose 10 stone or more and I felt a bit awkward with my 2 1/2 stone goal. I do feel so fat though. I have my weigh in tomorrow (Wednesday) night and think (hope!) I'll be somewhere between 11 and 11 1/2 stone. I suppose it's all relative but I know that I'm not happy at this weight.

Red-how are you getting on now? Tiggemma wow congrats on your weight loss and, more importantly, maintenance! Are you still following any of the steps now? I think I'll be terrified of eating anything when I've lost the weight for fear I'll put the lot back on over night!

Have a fun day xxx

hey there here to subscribe you have a similar starting weight and date to me except you took the bull by the horns sooner only on day 2. very impressed with the runners i don t mind a bit of treadmill but thats as far a it goes. so good luck and well done to you all
jenx

Hi Jen!
Good luck!! I'm only 12 days ahead of you and I'm finding it pretty easy except the 2 family get togethers I've had in the past week but I did it! I'm on just the milkshakes with black coffee with tablet sweeteners and lots of water.
Weigh in tomorrow - nervous and excited. Will be gutted if I don't lost at least 5 lbs, I know it's a lot but I've lost that before on slimming world and let's face it eating is so much more enjoyable (and social) than not!
I lost 10lbs on the 1st weigh in and this weigh in is after 10 days not a week....fingers crossed!
xx

Hi Jen! Good luck!! I'm only 12 days ahead of you and I'm finding it pretty easy except the 2 family get togethers I've had in the past week but I did it! I'm on just the milkshakes with black coffee with tablet sweeteners and lots of water. Weigh in tomorrow - nervous and excited. Will be gutted if I don't lost at least 5 lbs, I know it's a lot but I've lost that before on slimming world and let's face it eating is so much more enjoyable (and social) than not! I lost 10lbs on the 1st weigh in and this weigh in is after 10 days not a week....fingers crossed! xx

Good luck. I know what you mean with feeling odd posting about a smaller amount to lose. But it can feel just as devastating. I'm on week 6 as I today. My loss this week was 1lb!!!! 1lb!!! But hopefully will be more next week, a pound of fat is still good I guess. The losses do slow but as long as we get there! I have 9 pounds to go until my bmi is under 25!

Hi Jen!
Good luck!! I'm only 12 days ahead of you and I'm finding it pretty easy except the 2 family get togethers I've had in the past week but I did it! I'm on just the milkshakes with black coffee with tablet sweeteners and lots of water.
Weigh in tomorrow - nervous and excited. Will be gutted if I don't lost at least 5 lbs, I know it's a lot but I've lost that before on slimming world and let's face it eating is so much more enjoyable (and social) than not!
I lost 10lbs on the 1st weigh in and this weigh in is after 10 days not a week....fingers crossed!
xx

its fab when you get that big drop the first week it def keeps me going as i found last time it takes a good week for my body to get into the swing of cambridge. really hope you do get your 5lbs tomorrow :fingerscrossed: but dont fret if this week isn t quite what you want it will come one week or the next. and you still have lost a stone in two weeks which i d take. for the last month i ve been losing 2 gaining 2 repeat to infinity! so looking forward to seeing 11.7 on the scales, oh and the tens mmmmhhh (hommer simpson face:) )

think it does take a lot of will power on the social front so that fab you ve done 2 in the trot. i picked nov to be the month of change as my calendar practically had tumble weed rolling over it so going into confinment wasn t too bad.

i do ss+ as i can t live without a coffee /milk but try to keep off the food except an emergency chicken salad t the weekend, cant believe how good it tastes need to do a couple of week with only milk to get me into the swing. can i ask which sweeter your using?

well here to our xmas goals im on a day off today so going to spend it in housework / lazy bed mode but eating is not on the agendaxxx

Hi Clare, still going strong, I've not cheated so I'm praying I have a good weight loss on Sunday.

Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll do great ?

Hi Lara! Your losses have been fab so far well done you - your losses are exactly what I'm hoping for (well a stone a week would be better but better to be a tad more realistic I suppose!). 1lb is still 1lb but I know what you mean, did you lose inches instead? My sister would lose more inches when she had a lower weight loss - don't know how that works but who am I to question?! Have you stuck to it 100%? Quite a few people are doing SS+ instead but I feel the need personally to be strict with myself, if I eat a bit I might carry on by accident :( fingers crossed for a 5lb loss for you this week!! xx

Well done you and thank you :) I shall let you know how I get on. xx

its fab when you get that big drop the first week it def keeps me going as i found last time it takes a good week for my body to get into the swing of cambridge. really hope you do get your 5lbs tomorrow :fingerscrossed: but dont fret if this week isn t quite what you want it will come one week or the next. and you still have lost a stone in two weeks which i d take. for the last month i ve been losing 2 gaining 2 repeat to infinity! so looking forward to seeing 11.7 on the scales, oh and the tens mmmmhhh (hommer simpson face:) )

think it does take a lot of will power on the social front so that fab you ve done 2 in the trot. i picked nov to be the month of change as my calendar practically had tumble weed rolling over it so going into confinment wasn t too bad.

i do ss+ as i can t live without a coffee /milk but try to keep off the food except an emergency chicken salad t the weekend, cant believe how good it tastes need to do a couple of week with only milk to get me into the swing. can i ask which sweeter your using?

well here to our xmas goals im on a day off today so going to spend it in housework / lazy bed mode but eating is not on the agendaxxx

I know I'm just being greedy (that's how I got like this to begin with lol) but no harm in aiming high! Oh yeah 10s...it's been 3 years since I was 10 something I even got down to 9 something for a brief few weeks :)

Yes I had a big family lunch get together when everyone had 3 courses and copious amounts of alcohol plus picked up Chinese for hubby later that night, then was in a restaurant in Blackpool on Sunday when hubby and kids had fish and chips and other very naughty things...reckon I can get through anything after going through those!

I didn't think I could do without the milk but really enjoying my black coffee. I use any sweetener as long as they're in tablet form, different brands at work / home / out.

Yes here's to a super slim Christmas where people say "I think you've lost a bit too much weight really", is it wrong that I long for those words?! Don't get me wrong I don't want to be skinny but to be described as slim.....happy days!!

Enjoy you day off xx

Ah, i've found you Clare!

Well done lovely on your progress so far. I'm not a sporty one - I was going to the gym three/four times a week, but I do classes as I find I have better motivation. I have set myself a target next year to do a proper run - I am thinking of starting the couchto5k plan in January. I get married in May and am hoping i'll be somewhere near target in Jan so that I can work on fitness.

Sounds so stupid, but I ran through the supermarket the other day - you know when you forget something and run through to pick it up? - anyway, I got back to the till and though - well, that was easier!

Looking forward to following your journey.

xx

Hi guys - 7lb off last night! 17lb off in 2 and a bit weeks - thrilled!! x

Thanks I'm delighted - more than I could have hoped for! Just need someone to notice now - doesn't help that I wear baggy clothes all the time though!
x

I know, I've lost a stone in 4 weeks but no one has noticed because in the last year I've lost a bit then put on a bit so it's not really been that noticeable but I hope the next stone will be. Well done again x

Back