Day 10 of Cambridge and looking for buddies!

Amazing losses everyone. My first weigh in yesterday and 9lbs off. Totally chuffed with that and it's spurred me on for the next week :)

Hello,

Its great to 'meet' you all! I am new. I am starting day 3 of ss. I am 5ft and have 2 and a half stone to lose and I need a bit of help because its not coming off on its own! I haven't told anyone about doing this diet and am not planning on telling anyone because of the predictable chorus of 'you just need to...' 'why don't you just'. So it will be great to join in your thread. Its good to hear about your amazing losses. :)

Hi y'all,
Sorry haven't posted for a week or so - been off work sick and not felt up to it. I had another weigh in last week and another 3lb off - pretty disappointing really but I hadn't been drinking my water as I just haven't been able to stomach it while I've not been feeling so good. Still haven't been drinking enough but fingers crossed for my weigh in on Wednesday night anyway! I'm aiming on another 1st 8lbs by Christmas, not sure if it's possible but I'm going to give it my best shot!
Well done Emma, that's a fab loss, have you had another weigh in since?
Giggle - that sounds like my story with almost the same to lose although I've just increased mine to want to lose 3 stone for a nice even number! How are you getting on?
Hope to speak to you all soon xxx

Oh I didn't tell you my 'big thing'!! I went through all my size 10s over the weekend and most of them fasten! I look like a squashed vanilla slice in them but most of the pants did up and the tops went on but were snug. I could probably get the zips on my dresses up but didn't want to chance busting the zips so I left it. But yay!! I've always been a size 12/14 ish except a brief time when I lost loads of weight and got down to a 10 - determined to get back in all those size 10 clothes then I'm going to burn all my fat clothes!! (well give them to a charity shop at the very least!)
I am wearing a size 10 shirt today though :D
xx

Fanx! :D xx

Hello! Wow 20lbs off so far is amazing.

I am doing really well. I am on day 11. I am really pleased because I lost 10lbs in my first weigh in which I was shocked about. My weigh in day is Thursday and even last Tuesday I didn't feel very different. (You know about from hungry!) But then I got on the scales and I went from 10 stone 8 to 9 stone 12. My goal is 8 stone.

That's great news about your clothes. Its so nice to see real change..... I am really happy about doing this diet so far xxx

Hello! Wow 20lbs off so far is amazing.

I am doing really well. I am on day 11. I am really pleased because I lost 10lbs in my first weigh in which I was shocked about. My weigh in day is Thursday and even last Tuesday I didn't feel very different. (You know about from hungry!) But then I got on the scales and I went from 10 stone 8 to 9 stone 12. My goal is 8 stone.

That's great news about your clothes. Its so nice to see real change..... I am really happy about doing this diet so far xxx

Hello!

Thanks I'm really happy with this. I know I shouldn't but I keep jumping on the scales at home and I haven't lost any weight in the last 4 days which is really depressing but I'm really struggling drinking my water at the minute and my CDC says this is essential and I wont lose as much weight without doing. :(

Well done you losing 10lb in your 1st week! Oh I cant wait to be in the 9s, my overall goal is 9st 5lb, I've been just above that before and I was a size 8/10 so that's perfect for me. I was 10st 8lbs on the scales this morning but my scales do weigh a little below my CDC's scales so I know I've lost a little this week but only in the first couple of days. Were both looking at losing just over 1 1/2 stone - lets try and get there by Christmas!

It is lovely getting back into clothes you haven't worn for ages - I've made a mistake this morning though and dressed for work in my usual clothes. I have on size 14 pants today and they are falling down whenever I stand :(

Glad you're happy doing the diet - it's great seeing results so quickly isn't it.

Hope to speak to you soon xx

keep a bottle with you at all times i find its amazing how a lt disappears. i ve always found that the scales don t move alot in the normal weeks (and occationally have show a gain despite 100% behaviour) i know that it all come together at some point but some weeks the scales won t give you the results you want but the fact your clothes are showing you ve lost weight/ size its all ok. the scales will catch up but sometimes patience is the way forward. obviously were all patient types thats why we re on a vlcd in the first place!!

hold firm you are doing so well

jxxx

Hey,

How are you? I know that feeling....I had it today. I got on the scales and I am sure they haven't moved since last week when I had that amazing loss. Its so disheartening because up to that moment I had been really good. It really knocked me today. I think I may have to impose a 'no going on the scales except at my CDC house' rule. Because I can't take doing this diet and not losing anything. It may be nutritionally sound and its quite healthy to fast for a while but it is extreme.

That was good news about your trousers. Just remember in a few weeks you have really made a difference to how you look. We can do this. Lets try and get to goal for Christmas. We can only try it!! Wouldn't it be amazing to look really different.

What day is your weigh in day? Mine is on Thursday evening.

x

keep a bottle with you at all times i find its amazing how a lt disappears. i ve always found that the scales don t move alot in the normal weeks (and occationally have show a gain despite 100% behaviour) i know that it all come together at some point but some weeks the scales won t give you the results you want but the fact your clothes are showing you ve lost weight/ size its all ok. the scales will catch up but sometimes patience is the way forward. obviously were all patient types thats why we re on a vlcd in the first place!!

hold firm you are doing so well

jxxx

Haha you're right about the patient bit - I want it and I want it now like a spoilt brat!!!

I'll let you know how I get on later, thanks for the support xx
That's a good tip about the water, I just fill up glasses but they sit on my desk / at home for ages before I drink them! Might go out and buy a 2 litre bottle and make sure I drink that every day at least.

Hey,

How are you? I know that feeling....I had it today. I got on the scales and I am sure they haven't moved since last week when I had that amazing loss. Its so disheartening because up to that moment I had been really good. It really knocked me today. I think I may have to impose a 'no going on the scales except at my CDC house' rule. Because I can't take doing this diet and not losing anything. It may be nutritionally sound and its quite healthy to fast for a while but it is extreme.

That was good news about your trousers. Just remember in a few weeks you have really made a difference to how you look. We can do this. Lets try and get to goal for Christmas. We can only try it!! Wouldn't it be amazing to look really different.

What day is your weigh in day? Mine is on Thursday evening.

x

Morning!

Okay thanks same here though jumped on scales this morning and although they are showing a loss I know I'll be 2-3 lbs heavier tonight at my weigh in as I'm always heavier in the evenings. Might get hubby to hide the scales from me or stick them in the garage or attic as they are the 2 places I never go in to!

The extreme part for me is defo the lack of social life, I'm pretty sure my friends must think I've fallen out with them or something as I've been saying no to everything and most of them don't know I'm on this diet.

I felt a lot lighter last week but I feel fat again this week - I know I can't be any bigger but think it's the tiredness (2 little ones keeping me up) making me more negative than I would be normally.

What's it like being in the 9s?! Haven't been there for a couple of years and even then it was only a brief greeting!

Fingers crossed for tonight and tomorrow night for us both!!! WE CAN DO THIS BY CHRISTMAS!!!!

xx

Oh I get my measurements done tonight too so that should surely be a boost, I know I've lost a fair bit from my waist at least!

xx

Morning Clare,

Have a fab weigh in tonight - how great to have your measurements done tonight. I wish i'd insisted on CDC doing mine, but didn't want to seem pushy. I know things are changing since half of my clothes don't fit any more!

I have a cheeky weigh a couple of times a week, but try not to on WI day - then it's a "surprise" for me! Haha.

It's difficult with a social life, but i've been out for drinks with people and if you've got a sparkling water, it sort of looks like something fancier! I've also had people over for dinner - much easier to stay in control if you're cooking.

How are you feeling in general Clare?

xx

Morning!

Ooh thanks I hope so! I thought all CDCs did the measurements? I wasn't expecting it but she brought out the tape measure at the first appointment and she measures every 4 weeks, hence today is my first measure. Shame you didn't have that really but the clothes getting too big is definitely the better measure!

Glad it's not just me! I just cant resist, those scales are like a compulsive disorder!

Good idea with the sparkling water. All my social things have involved eating and I've been doing 100% ss and I just don't feel ready to do ss+ or higher yet. I've done a few and just had my shake and I feel fine but I think it makes other people a bit uncomfortable and self conscious eating in front of me, a couple of people have even apologised for eating in front of me which made me feel awful then. I've done some social things but avoiding most for these reasons.

I'm feeling okay thanks how are you doing? I'm just so impatient to get down to target!

Speak soon,
Clarexx

I've just realised, hopefully after tonight's weigh in I'll be half way to my target after only 4 weeks! Eeek! xx

Whoop - halfway is fantastic! You've broken the hump then! I definitely work to the next stone down all the time - I'm quite impatient to get to target too, especially as i'm so close now...just need a good weigh this week - not sure i'll get the result I want if we go out for dinner on Thursday, but hey - it's my journey and I have allowed myself till 28th to get to target since we go away then for four days so I will need to be doing 810 by then.

It's also my upper target - i'm hoping to drop another 1/2st to make it to 11st whilst moving up the steps - this might be a bit ambitious before Christmas, but somewhere near would be fab - i'll be working between 11-11 1/2st once I get there anyway as this is my allowable target "range"

I think all CDCs differ - some people get rosettes and all sorts - with mine it's just a meeting and products, but she is so great - I was there for almost two hours on Saturday, just chatting about moving through the steps, what i'd learned this week and other random stuff...like considering training to be a consultant myself...

Anyway - I'm excited to see your results later - both measurements and weight! I'm sure you'll be somewhere near that halfway mark... :)

xx

Hi there Clare and FlicG,

How are you both? FlicG- wow you have been on CD since August and you have lost loads. That shows such will power.
Its so strange isn't it how you can be getting slimmer but feel bigger sometimes? I feel that as well Clare.
How do I feel to be in the 9's? Its all relative. I used to be 8 stone and then two children later and I haven't been able to get any where close. I am happy about my first week loss but part of me thinks that I will get to my CDC's house tomorrow and have gone up. Just because some of that was water weight and that can go on and off quite easily. Last week I felt that champy breath and I haven't really felt like that this week. I haven't broken it though except for yesterday when I was really down but even then I don't think its enough to sabotage a whole weeks worth of shake drinking.

Morning ladies!

Another 3lb off and 15 12 inches! Including 3 inches off my waist and 5 inches off my hips! Teensy bit disappointed with the loss but still on track (I hope) to be on target by Christmas. Need to lose 3-4lb a week to get there although I do have a couple of social occasions coming up. 1st 9lbs off 1st 5lbs to go!

Good luck for tonight Giggle! Wow I've never been in the 8s! I know what you mean about it all being relative, I feel like that when I'm on here sometimes and people are trying to lose 10 stone or more. I think some people are heavier than others in general too - when I was 9st something I was a size 10 (sometimes even an 8) and I was slim - I wouldn't have looked right losing any more. Yet I have a friend who's 9 stone and a size 12/14.

Flic - your CDC sounds great. Mine's alright but I wouldn't particularly want to spend any longer than my 20 mins that I have with her every week. Is it worth becoming a consultant?

xx

Morning lovely!

Well done on the losses and inches!

Sometimes, a social event seems to give losses a little boost in my opinion - just stay on track with protein and salad and you can't go wrong - hop back onto SS afterwards and i'm sure you'll see some good losses. You're still on track so don't worry!

I'm still not sure about being a consultant - i've not made a decision yet and won't do anything until after my wedding in May either way. Working full time means that I would have to dedicate evenings and weekends and i'm not sure I want to be that tied to it. On the other hand, I think supporting other people will keep me maintaining and on track...as I said - not sure yet what i'll do...

We're heading towards the weekend - how are you finding them?

xx

Back