Day 10 of Cambridge and looking for buddies!

Morning sweetie!

Yes I had a chat about it with my CDC yesterday - she actually recommends it as she says your body gets too used to ss and the losses slow down. She's lost about 4 stone and she's always done it plus my sister has lost 3 stone something so far on ss and she's had her biggest losses on the weeks she's been out. Her loss last week was 9lbs over 10 days but on day 1 of that run she went out had a full meal plus drinks and dessert! Feeling better about doing a couple of nights out now!

I see what you mean about being a consultant helping you to maintain, I'd never thought of it that way before. It was something in the back of my mind I have to say but I've not looked into it at all yet. Seems like it could be a lot of mither with people letting you down etc but my CDC only has 6 clients at the moment so maybe not too bad.

I find the weekends alright actually how about you? It's kind of nice not having so much emphasis on food as we tended to go out to eat at least twice over the weekend - in fact quite often it was lunch and dinner both days as we try to get out as much as we can. Were saving a fortune on eating out actually! Not missing out on anything this weekend for a change though - my only plans are a birthday party for my friends little girl but adults wont be catered for anyway so that's fine.

Are you going out to eat tonight now? Do you have any plans for the weekend?

xx

Glad i'm not giving bad advice with meals. I tend to stick to protein and veg because I don't fancy facing ketosis again - it also helps me to stay in control.

It's funny isn't it - we probably would eat out twice at the weekend and have a takeaway - it's been really nice to do social things with OH that don't involve food.
When I started, I did struggle a bit at weekends because of this - weekends always involved food. They still do but usually cooking lovely stuff for other people and making things I don't have time for in the week - like making bread or stews that need long cooking times. I do have a bit of an obsession with food at the moment - I'm looking forward to cooking different things for myself once I get to 810 - a good challenge to look forward to!

Don't know what tonight's plans are at the moment, and weekend - we've got nothing specific booked...cleaning and tidying most likely, and not eating!

xx

Hi Flic!

I've just booked a girlie spa day including bottles of bubbly so I will be testing this theory to the limit! I'll stick to protein and veg wherever possible but I'm going to have to have a glass or 2 of bubbly - I mean it would be rude not to wouldn't it?!

I'm a bit obsessed with food and cooking too, I've been practising the meals I will be eating as well!!!

Well if I don't speak to you before enjoy tonight and your weekend! I don't tend to go online much at the weekend, family time and all that.

xx

The spa sounds fab - when are you going? It's great to have events to work to as I find it keeps me on track! Be careful with drinking and ketosis is all I will say - there is a proper warning on here which explains it better.

Have you been cooking anything that's been particularly good it terms of the plan? My favourite for SS+ is chicken and egg with pepper and fajita spice wrapped up in a lettuce leaf! Sounds bizzaire but so delicious!

I too tend to shirk at the weekend as I seem to be busier - will try and pop in and update though.

xx

Hello!

Congrats on your 3lb loss - that's brilliant!

Well its a good news bad news situation. Bad news I lost 1.5lbs. That's not a lot for how good I was I don't think. Good news is I found out I lost 10.5lbs the first week and I only thought it was 10lbs. So over two weeks it works out at 12lbs. That's great...So I am just aiming to lose a stone by next week now. I am trying not to think about how small 1.5lbs was in comparison to eating approx 500 cals a day and doing a very active job. What do I have to do to lose weight????...wails... and drops dramatically onto a bed with one hand crossed by my brow!

Have a great weekend both of you xxx

Morning girls!

Spa is middle of December and I was thinking just a glass or 2 of bubbly but only after eating something. Can you imagine drinking after eating not a single bite since 13th October?! I'll probably collapse!

Mmm that sounds fab FlicG! I've been more adapting foods that I usually eat with my family. For example Bolognese with extra lean mince and stocking it up with loads of veggies or chicken flavoured with different spices.

Giggle - it's still nearly a stone in 2 weeks! This diet is weird, loads of people have 2 slow weeks then 1 big week. Bet you have a great loss this week. There's no way on this earth you can not lose weight on this as you are consuming fewer calories than it takes for your body to run but you know this! I know everyone keeps going on about it but I have to agree - drinking loads of water really does help. I struggle with this sometimes but if I push myself it does show on the scales. You're like me I want it all and I WANT IT NOW!! Think Veruca Salt in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (mmm chocolate!)!

How did you all get on over the weekend?

I got on fine as usual, no slips or trips. I have got a problem though - I have got my bestie's 30th birthday this weekend , she's denying it's existence but we go out every year for our birthdays, usually some spa treatments and then lots of eating afterwards. I've not booked anything this year because of this diet (she doesn't know about this diet I'm on which may seem odd but she's had big problems with food over the years and I don't want to encourage anything) which would be fine usually but as it's a big birthday I'm in a dilemma :( I don't want the awkwardness of not doing the usual which would be to share lots of garlic bread, pasta with loads of sauce and then big naughty desserts...any advice?

xx

Morning Clare,

That is a wee dilemma with your friend's birthday - can you go somewhere which doesn't involve food? Or healthier options? It is a tricky one...

Ooh - that spa day sounds fabulous and a real something to work towards. I bet it will be fantastic.

How was your weekend?

xx

Morning hon,

I could but it's just not what we do! She's very careful with food and this is one of the few occasions when she relaxes with it. I might book us a spa treatment during the day (rather than the evenings as usual) and then maybe a café afterwards so I can just have a coffee. Need to make a decision soon! I do have her a really nice gift though so I'm not all bad!

I really can't wait for the spa day, could do with some relaxing. Also going to the Manchester Christmas markets the same day plus out for dinner afterwards but 3 out of 4 of us are now on Cambridge so shouldn't be too bad!!

Weekend was okay thanks - how was yours? It just disappeared though, can't believe it's Monday again already!

xx

that is a hard one on your friends b day

any chance you can tell her your on a diet (kind undisclosed) and that your really in the zone so not wanting to go totally crazy just now and go for the steak option at a rest somewhere nice? not sure if that would do but might be worth a try plus spa obviously (no cals there:) )

jxx

Hi Jen!

Yeah think I'm gonna have to, she's going to realise I'm on something drastic anyway as I haven't seen her since Halloween (we had a party and she was the only one who noticed I hadn't eaten anything!) and I'm pretty sure I've noticeably lost weight since then. She'll get it out of me, she knows me too well! She wont be able to do it anyway as her bmi is too low already (she still wants to lose another half stone).

I'll have a think and book something tonight - got to make a decision!!

xx

well what ever you decide enjoy it and move quickly on. one of the girls who s on here sometimes has a planned night out and then maybe a little gain but get a really good kick back to her metabolism the next time so makes it so worth while. (a moment on the lips means another week in ketosis now theres a sobering thought!)
jx

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say Hi.
I don't know what to say either really...I think Jen's solution is a good one. Some sort of steak/protein and salad and veg. You know low carb it for the evening.
Just think how good you will look in your outfit this weekend!!

xx

Hi everyone hope you don't mind me joining in! Day 10 for me on SS, 9lb weight loss in first week, next weigh in Friday ahh!! Finding it hard to stay focused this week!

2 stone left to lose!

Morning all,

Subject to me being able to book a day off work next week and my friend finding someone to look after her son I'm planning a Spa morning then lunch at Jamie Oliver's restaurant in Liverpool. I'm thinking a nice place will be able to do me something a bit off menu that will taste good instead of dry chicken and boiled veg. Will be my first food since I started on 13th October so I'm wondering what it will be like, I've not even had the bars just 3 shakes a day for over a month. Spa place comes with bubbly and chocs (typical!) so I'll be avoiding those. Feeling a bit happier about this and when I spoke to my friend last night she was delighted that we were doing something so glad I made the effort! Thanks for all your advice :)

I hope I can find something to wear Giggles! I was late for work this morning as my 'fat' clothes are hanging off me and my size 10s fasten but are too tight for me to feel comfortable in. I tried on so many things and ended up in some 'fat' pants and a size 10 shirt now. They are pinstripe pants but I still feel like I look scruffy as I need to keep pulling them up every time I stand up! I'm not buying anything that fits me properly now as I reckon another week or 2 will see me fit comfortably in my 10s again (YAY!!!)

Sianjay - welcome! You and I are roughly the same weight and roughly the same target so stay in touch!! How did your first week go?

xx

Ah, the spa day and lunch sound fab - I'm sure they'll do you something off menu. It will be a really nice treat to have a meal after that long, and the sensation will be incredible too i'm sure!

I know the feeling about clothes. I'm now into the ones at the bottom of my range and have no money to buy more until next month/Jan sales. Today I have a stretch skirt on and i've tucked the top into my tights to hold it up - fun times!

Have a great day!

xx

Hi clareb123! First week went great, luckily I go into ketosis pretty quickly, just this week I'm struggling to stay focused and also struggling with the water!!!

I just hope I can actually bring myself to eat! I'm still terrified of doing so, I even wipe my lips if I've tested the temperature of baby's food!

Clothes are a pain right now, hubby's offered to take me on a shopping spree but I don't want to buy anything until I'm at my target, I just don't see the point. The pants I have on now fitted fine 2 weeks ago and I hate clothes shopping at the best of times. Hopefully I'll be down at target by the January sales so I can go mad!

Thanks you too!

xx

Hi clareb123! First week went great, luckily I go into ketosis pretty quickly, just this week I'm struggling to stay focused and also struggling with the water!!!

Gosh I never know when I am in ketosis I just go with it. I'm just thinking you can't possibly not lose weight on a diet of 400 cals!

It is a struggle for the first couple of weeks but stick with it the results will be worth it. The water is a pain but it does make a difference, my friend always has a 2 litre bottle that she makes sure she drinks by the end of the day which works for her. I personally keep a pint glass on my desk or in my house and keep track of how many I have. I'm by no means perfect though, I usually drink 3 pints by midday then 1 for the rest of the day or just forget to drink full stop - especially at weekends!

Good luck and keep me posted xx

Gosh I never know when I am in ketosis I just go with it. I'm just thinking you can't possibly not lose weight on a diet of 400 cals!

It is a struggle for the first couple of weeks but stick with it the results will be worth it. The water is a pain but it does make a difference, my friend always has a 2 litre bottle that she makes sure she drinks by the end of the day which works for her. I personally keep a pint glass on my desk or in my house and keep track of how many I have. I'm by no means perfect though, I usually drink 3 pints by midday then 1 for the rest of the day or just forget to drink full stop - especially at weekends!

Good luck and keep me posted xx

Thankyou! Second way in on Friday and I'm so nervous this week, especially with it being totm :( just gonna keep guzzling the water and see what the scales say come Friday!

Back