Day 10 of Cambridge and looking for buddies!

Ooh you'll be fine I'm sure! I've got my weigh in tomorrow and I'm really nervous too so don't blame you! xx

Well ladies I've actually made a decision and booked the spa! Next Tuesday I will be off to Liverpool and then another spa day on 17th December! Next week should be fine, I'll avoid the free alcohol and chocs (*sob*) and eat healthily at lunch and avoid carbs (even though I LOVE carbs, would far prefer a bit plate of potatoes or pasta than anything else!). My friend best had be grateful!!! The one in December I'm going to have to have some bubbly and probably be a bit naughty but I can't see one naughty-ish afternoon spoiling this diet that much surely? I reckon it will be worth a few lbs gain (hopefully not but be prepared for the worst and all that) just to relax and not worry so much about it all.

xx

evening girls hope all slimming away nicely!
sound s like its all coming together nicely and back on the pony once the champs is consumed won t be too deadly.
pretty wise on the clothes front as you d be out of them in a flash. angel got some basics from primark and thats a pretty cheap solution if you get desparate. what a nice prob to have when the clothes are too big i ll take that over the oposite any day

jxx

Yeah I moan about my clothes but I'm secretly delighted!

On the going out front I'm now also going to my fave restaurant on Friday night with the husband :/ I was chatting away last night about these planned days / nights out and I realised that I haven't been out with him properly since way before I started CD. So we've now booked it and there's no way I can avoid my fave starter (involving potatoes), it's not been on the menu for 2 years but when we called last night I told hubby to ask him and sods law of course it is!

xx

I'm just hoping that I can still stay on track with my losses - I may have mentioned this before but my sister is on this too but she does have a bit more to lose than me. On the weeks she's been out she's lost the most weight. I think she's been out for 2 meals since she started ss (occasionally ss +) about 2 months ago and had a main and dessert plus cocktail on both nights. She had a 4lb loss the first time and a 9lb loss the 2nd time, she swears it kick starts her metabolism again or something! It best had work for me too!!!

I've only got 3 things planned and there will be at least 1 more that I can't avoid but it's December and we have to live as well. I'm not giving up, far from it actually, I'll be doing 100% ss throughout the whole of December except these 4 planned nights. It might take me into January to get down to target rather than Christmas but you know what I plan to maintain this weight for the rest of my life so what's a couple of extra weeks in the grand scheme of things?

xx

Aaah also now have a lunch booked with work with a set menu, nothing on which is remotely CD friendly. Why oh why didn't I do this diet in August and be at target by now???!!!

Hey Clare,

It will be lovely to have a meal out with OH. I've several meals along the way and stay relatively good but who cares about another couple of days to get to target in the grand scheme of things if you enjoy yourself - we're all real people, not hermits!

With the set menu - is there something you can alter, or pretend you're gluten intolerant so they cook you something special?

xx

Hi Flic,

It really will I can't wait, we don't get much time just the 2 of us. We both work full time and the evenings are getting the girls in bed, clearing up after dinner and girls let loose in house and showering. By then it's pretty much bedtime as we're up at 6am! We don't have much access to babysitters so when FIL said he could do it we just booked it. I always say I'm not just a mummy I'm also a friend, daughter, sister and wife and I try my best not to forget any of these areas. Going out to eat was just what we did (mostly with little uns but never mind!) and since I've been on this and now I'm thinking about it I've definitely neglected to make much of an effort with him. Yay date night! Ooh also I'm going to wear a dress I haven't worn since my honeymoon!!!!!

:( I've been looking and I doubt it. Cheese balls, pate or bread thing then turkey, beef or cheese thing then desserts. It's a nice place but I doubt they'll be particularly accommodating especially not the week before Christmas when they're bound to be fully booked. I'll just have to try and just eat the veggies - how hard is it going to be though to have a plate of gorg food in front of me and not be able to eat it :(

xx

Aw, your date night will be lovely - taking tips for if I ever have bambinos - make time for date night being number one! It will be so special to wear a honeymoon dress too - i'm sure you'll look fab. Take time out and enjoy. I sort of wish i'd done that when OH and I went out the other night. He really wanted a starter but I wasn't keen. In a way, I wish i'd just gone for it and enjoyed it, rather than worrying and maybe ruining his evening.

That meal does sound tricky - is the turkey thing in some sort of sauce or is it a roast? I'm sure some meat and veg plain will be ok if you can manage that? What's their veggie option? I would go for the pate (bound to be served with a side salad which you can pick at) Then the turkey thing - depending on the sauce, and then do the "too full for dessert" thing - I don't think i've ever been too full for dessert. :( Or have a coffee instead?

At least you have the menu so you can plan for it, and it's always nice to have a treat to work towards.

xx

hi there

just thinking about your meals my advice if your going to eat it enjoy it dont be looking at your plate in a negative way the diet recomenses the next day/ that evening. the set menu well go enjoy and move swiftly on. think if we put ourselves in a negative frame of mind its easier to be convinced `i ve failed` and thats is not the thinking we need, postitive postitive postitive all the way.

love the sound of your date night and honeymoon dress, oooohhh look at you sexy lexy:)
jenxx

Morning ladies!

3lbs off again this week!

Thanks for your advice. I think I'm just going to do the best I can and hope I don't put on too much weight. Got 2 things before my next weigh in so next Wednesday should be a good comparison.

I've organised a Christmas market (my job) and it's opened today and apparently I can have free carvery, mulled wine, goodies galore, Baileys hot choc etc etc bl**dy typical!!!

Fab night last night - I had my sister over and we went through my wardrobe completely. She's also on Cambridge but heavier than me so I gave her all the clothes I've recently not been able to wear as they've gotten too big (she's delighted with her entire new wardrobe!!). Anyway she made me try on literally everything I own and it all fits bar 1 pair of pants!!! I am officially a size 10 again yay!!! It's weird though as I wasn't a size 10 until I got down to about 9st 10 last time but I'm back in everything at 10st 7, not sure how that works but I'm having it! Might not need to go down to my target weight now as my aim was to get in a size 10 in any shop I went into and I must be very nearly there now. I have as we speak got on Banana Republic pants in a size 10 and their sizes tend to be on the small side - eeekkk!!!!

xxxx

WOW! Fab news about your clothes - I love a good sort out. Your sister must be thrilled to have a pile of new clothes.

Your plan with the meals sounds good, and i'm sure you'll stay in control.

xx

Well done that's amazing! Second weigh in for me tomorrow!
Just had my first shake of the day (half choc half vanilla my fave) and trying to ignore the biscuits in work!

My sister was really thrilled, especially as she thought she was about a size 20 and all my 14s fit her! Body image is mad though, I thought I was at least a size 12 still if not pushing a 14 and just thought a couple of the size 10s that fitted were generous sizes! You should have seen us both screaming in delight at fitting in clothes we never thought we could!

I hope I can stay in control, I've managed to not eat at all at social events so I don't see why not. Work meal may be changing to the day I'm on that Spa day so might not have to overcome that after all.

Good luck for your weigh in Sianjay! I've never mixed the shakes before - it's never occurred to me! My sister has them warn and adds a spoon of flavoured coffee in to them and they taste amazing and are so filling. It's like having a latte or hot choc. I would have mine like that except I've not got round to buying one of the little blenders, I've just been using a shaker which is fine for normal shakes but doesn't work for warm or mixing something in with them.

I also tried the vegetable water flavouring last night and it is lovely, just like having a cup-a-soup. Will defo be buying some of that next week.

Work is a nightmare right now, obviously Christmas market as mentioned above until Christmas but also goodies galore in the office. We can and will resist!!

xx

Thanks Flic, I was a bit disappointed but OH pointed out that it is nearly a quarter of a stone! xx

3lbs a week is blooming marvellous esp when your getting down to target. that is fab that you both got such a good result of the clothes. its such a great feeling to get into smaller sizes.

head down on the work front the christmas rush will be over soon:)
jenxx

So only a 3lb loss this week :/ was pretty disappointed but just got to think I'm closer to my goal than I was last week I suppose!

Morning ladies!

Well I fell off the wagon - but just for 1 meal I hasten to add! I was unsure about what to do Friday night and I just thought I'll relax and enjoy myself and worry about the weight gain afterwards :) I had bar snack pretzels, bread with houmous, salted beef hash and steak and chips with a naughty sauce - no dessert though! I enjoyed every bite and, not that I'm recommending this to anyone, I haven't gained any weight according to my scales, in fact I'm showing a 1lb loss. The big difficulty for me was getting back on it on Saturday, I was starving all day. I did it though and stuck to it 100% since even when I made a hot pot in the slow cooker which smelled amazing and even when my friend gave me a box of cupcakes which looked fab.

I'm out on that spa day tomorrow and I'm determined to stick to plan as much as I can. I will be eating but I'm going to stick to protein and veg if at all possible.

On a positive note I've found somewhere that stocks the flavoured coffees I mentioned (which I've double checked with my CDC are ok to have) and they are just fab! I've bought caramel, hazlenut and amaretto and a spoon mixed in with a warm shake is amazing, it feels so naughty like a big mocha! I've also finally bought one of those active blenders which has made a huge difference. I've tried their new tomato and basil soup which is just revolting so I'll just be sticking to the shakes from now on.

I've resigned myself to the fact that I'm not going to have much of a loss now until Christmas, I've got something on every weekend, most or all of which will be very difficult to stick to plan with. I've decided I'm going to enjoy the nights out I have and stick to plan 100% outside of that. Yes I'm probably not going to be in ketosis, but I will be on a 450 calorie diet most days of the month and that has to be better than eating normally.

I don't want to give the impression I'm giving up as I'm not but I'm going to enjoy myself between now and Christmas and get the last bit of my weight off in the new year. My aim for the next month is (well hopefully big losses but I doubt it!) to STS and defo defo defo not put any weight back on.

Hope you all had a great weekend

xxx

Back