Day 2 - monster headaches and so tired - normal?

Aymee

Morning peeps!

I'm new here, so looking for a bit of advice really. I started the TFR yesterday, drank loads of water, but got a very bad headache last night, that is still lingering today - is that normal? Also, I'm so bloody tired I can barely keep my eyes open!

If someone an tell me that this is ok and normal for starting this, I'll be happier. :(

Yep same thing happened to me, the only thing I can suggest is try to sip more water evenly throughout the day and take some paracetamol. The headaches will ease off once you get into ketosis but I still feel a bit weak on day 13 but seem to have a bit more energy if that makes sense??

Keep at it, once the first 5 or so days is over it gets a bit easier to deal with! Good luck :D

xx

Heya

Yes the headaches are totally normal and are usually a combination of carb withdrawal and caffiene withdrawal. Keep drinking the water and take your usual painkillers for the headaches, by day 5 or so they should be much better if not before x

I felt the same, have some paracetamol and get in bed early of that's how you feel. At the beginning some nights I was in bed for 7.30! Day 11 now and feeling loads better. Keep an eye on how your feeling though as if you don't feel better in a couple of days go back to your chemist.
Deb x

Hiya... yes the same happened to me too. I have a headache for the first 4 days or so, until ketosis kicks in.. (this is my second time, I had a 3 week break over christmas and restarted 3rd Jan). I was also sick as a pig, weak, dizzy.

Take some paracetamol and just put up with it.. it will go away, all of a sudden you will realise the headache has gone and that you are feeling well.

Im always ready for my bed around 10 pm, and sleep really well, whereas I used to be a terrible sleeper.

Stick at it... once you have your first weigh in - it will be all worthwhile.

Good luck with your first week and make sure and come back and tell us about your weigh-in :) xx

Back