Day 2 of restart....

jabbathehut

This is the last time!!
....headache from hell, limbs like lead, freezing cold....BUT! A pretty pink ketosis stick.
So, to save bothering my CDC, anyone able to offer advice on paracetamol? My head really is banging. Normally I would go to bed and sleep it off, but I have to go back to work shortly for a staff meeting so it has to be drugs if I am allowed?

Thanks! I will go and grab some now.

Sure I'll be fine, probs a bit of 'withdrawal' but also a bit of stress/worry that it currently in my life.

I'm considering writing a motivational memo to myself, with things I want to achieve in my journey. I did on my first go and it was really good for me.

Well, it's day 4 and no work to distract me so today I have been furiously blitzing my kitchen! Still having to do meals for hubby and son, enjoying smelling it and daydreaming!
I woke up with a fuzzy head this morning, a bit of a hangover head but without the alcohol! A couple of paracetamol helped and keeping busy took my mind off it.
I am trying to think of some mini goals for myself. I am hoping to fit into my size 18's by the time the warmer weather comes (am in 20's at the moment). Last summer was very hot and I spent most of it sweating and suffering away - I vowed not to have to endure that again.
Hubby's work has posh functions every now and then, so for the next one of those I hope to be able to wear one of my nice new dresses - you know how it is, you buy them in the Next sale and then hope for an occasion and figure to wear them!!
On March 23rd we have an evening 'do' with a visiting member of royalty. I have to find something to wear that won't make me look hideously huge as I am hoping to have a photo taken to mark the occasion.
In April I am meeting hubby's Dad and step mum for the first time ever - long story but he has been slowly rebuilding a relationship with them and we're travelling to see them. I'd like to look good/feel ok about myself for then.
At the end of May I am visiting my family. I haven't seen them since August of last year (we live overseas). Last year my mum and my sister were very successful in losing weight with the Rosemary Conley low GI plan. I was ashamed being near them last year as I had put on so much weight from my previous CD attempt. So I'd love to be feeling more confident in myself by then.

My overall goal tho I guess is so simple. I just want to take my little boy swimming. He cried today when I said I wouldn't go with him and daddy to the pool. We're going to Italy in August and I WILL wear my vest tops and swim suit confidently.

Sorry to ramble, I'm kind of typing as I 'talk'.

My overall goal tho I guess is so simple. I just want to take my little boy swimming. He cried today when I said I wouldn't go with him and daddy to the pool. We're going to Italy in August and I WILL wear my vest tops and swim suit confidently.

Sorry to ramble, I'm kind of typing as I 'talk'.
and to come to Chester to spend loads of dosh at Cheshire Oaks with me!!!!

Well, I kinda already have the clothes I'll need - a couple of suitcases worth to be honest! However, we WILL toast our success with a glass of iced water ;)

Day 5 is almost over now - seems like the forum is the same as before, not many replies to things but I'll just keep writing anyway because it helps.
Not told many people about it this time round, I got so many negative comments last time, I just can't be bothered trying to explain stuff and stand up for myself. As an adult I have made an informed decision and should be left to cope with it, regardless of the consequences. To explain my drinking of only water, I have said that I am 'detoxing' (which is kinda right I guess!) and I have thus far avoided any need to explain my lack of eating.

So...my first 5 days. I'm feeling ok. Did baking with my son this afternoon, don't know why I feel the urge to torture myself in this way, but I did it last time too so guess it must be a coping mechanism I have. When I served up their tea I had a really good sniff of it, close enough to take a bite but I resisted. I refuse to put myself through something so extreme and then not commit to it 110% - I don't see the point!
I've been thinking a lot today about my willpower and my eating habits in general. It frustrates the hell out of me to know that I can forfeit ALL food, yet when I am eating 'normally' I can't be sensible. This has to change, I cannot keep abusing my body in this way. I have decided to tell myself that I do not like 'bad' things, and I hope that this will work.
My jeans feel looser today - maybe they are or maybe it is psychological, either way, it gave me a spring in my step. Had to pop to the shop earlier, and I enjoyed gazing at the forbidden stuff and then walking away. What empowerment! Let's hope it continues post CD!
I didn't do a proper first weigh in, my scales needed a new battery and jumped around a bit, so I have decided to take their highest reading (there were a couple of lbs between the highest and lowest on 4 tries!) as my start weight. I will weigh myself on Wednesday morning and hope that I have had a good loss.
Some tmi coming up - last time I suffered badly with bowel movements. Touching wood, the addition of a spoon full of fibre stuff to one bowl of porridge every other day is keeping things moving there so I am relaxed about that. Also, touching wood my hair seems ok too - I hope it stays ok as losing some was pretty upsetting last time round! I couldn't have it coloured for a year as it was so fragile, eeek!

Anyways, that's day 5 done with. Thanks to anyone who is reading, even if you don't reply!

I'm reading jabba. Am on day 3 of ANOTHER re-start. Feeling ok at mo. but will be very pleased when I get to day 5 like you.
You sound very motivated, well done, your kitchen will be sparkling in no time!
I am very similar. Harshest diet, fine ... loose all control when eating 'normally'. Am reading a book at the mo. which is trying to show me how naturally slim people do it. I'm really enjoying it at the mo. hope it rubs off! Called 'Beyond Chocolate' if you are intersted.

Will be watching your progress, well done

I refuse to put myself through something so extreme and then not commit to it 110% - I don't see the point!

I've been thinking a lot today about my willpower and my eating habits in general. It frustrates the hell out of me to know that I can forfeit ALL food, yet when I am eating 'normally' I can't be sensible. This has to change, I cannot keep abusing my body in this way.

hiya

i so hear you on the eating normally bit. i can do well on cd and well afterwards but then the last 2 times i got pregnant and then i put on loads as i start not being as careful and then afterwards i eat whatever i really want to within reason. there are certain foods which i could sit and just eat forever. i sometimes wonder if my 'off button' has been permanently switched to 'on'! :confused:

Had a strange day yesterday - my tummy was rumbling ALL day, not sure what that was about as I have stuck 100% to SS, I genuinely did feel hungry tho. Odd.
Anyways, today was my first weigh in and I lost 10lbs in my first week so I am very happy with that. I started the diet last Wednesday and got my TOTM on Friday so 10lbs is a fair loss taking that into account.
I'm struggling a lot with the porridge so I have emailed my CDC and asked if I can change it for shakes. I thought 'eating' would make it seem easier, but it doesn't and I don't like it - it actually made me heave yesterday! Waiting for her reply. Wish I could just pop round, but she is 2 hours away! She is lovely tho and she did say before she would change stuff if I wanted/needed.
My colleagues (the ones who know) are being really supportive for the most part, but one of them cannot get the concept that I can't eat ANYTHING - every day she is asking me "What about...." It's getting boring!
Anyway, off to work now to see what above colleague tries to offer me today ;)
Have a nice day 100% people xxxx

Well done :gen126:

I had the "Can you not even have?" and "Surely 1 biscuit won't hurt?" when I did it last time when I was working. One of the women I worked with brought cakes in on her birthday and bought me in some carrots so I wouldn't feel left out. Didn't have the heart to tell her that carrots were a no no too. They all went though, I took them to the stables ;)

Well done again, and keep up the good work xx

hi jabba, I am totally with you on the eating 'normally' as well - I cant seem to do it :( dont know why.
well done with week 1 wt loss, thats great xx

Hiya - just found your diary and agree with you on some things... the CD forum is fairly quiet compared to some of the other weight loss forums, but once you have made contacts we do tend to come back every day and check on your progress... but there are also lurkers who do not have the confidence to post, but you can guarantee that they are absorbing all what you are typing !

So keep in posting and commenting on other threads - maybe even outside the CD forums - and see where that gets you..

Have a great day...

T

Well done on your 10lbs loss - thats fantastic!
I used to get them comments last time, very annoying but them never seem to get it that you actually cannot have anything but your shakes on SS, silly people!

Hope your having a good day x

Thanks for your replies. As I said, I don't know if many are reading but it is good for me to write it all out anyway. :)
Work was it's usual self, least said the better! Also had to pop to the shop and again leered at the goodies but walked away with just what I needed for hubby and son.
Had an email from my CDC congratulating me on my loss and telling me to send the porridge back, she has parcelled me a mix of strawberry and choc mint powder shakes to tide me over (I got a month's worth). I am looking forward to having some bars in my next order.
I'm so cold today, and I am distinctly lacking in energy and enthusiasm, hoping it is just a 'lull'. I'm gonna have my choc mint shake in a minute (with a helpful spoonful of fibre to help with 'issues') and then have a nice 'Lush' bath to warm me up and pamper myself.

Hi Jabba, hope you're feeling better today....I hear ya on the lack of motivation/enthusiasm - it's not an easy diet but just remember how great your loss was wk one and this should keep you going....no other diet would give you such great results. You are doing so well, stick with it xxxx

Afternoon all! Thanks again for your replies :)

Well, I have a pretty crumby day at work, my boss is annoying the hell out of me, I know her job a zillion times better than her and it is so frustrating when she makes STUPID decisions. Grrr. If anything could drive me to give up it would have been today but I survived!
I am stupidly excited to have received my new blender in the post today - it's the Hinari 'Genie' and is very posh! Will be mixing my choc mint with that a little later on.
Am very tired today, I went to bed at about 8.45pm last night but was still tossing and turning at 11pm :( Last time round I went to bed at 9 and slept solidly til about 7am, so this lack of sleep is disturbing me! Worst thing is, I am shattered so technically should be falling asleep as soon as my head hits the pillow! I can only hope for a better rest tonight. At least (so far) I haven't had to get up in the night for a wee! I have managed to drink quite a lot today so I am pleased with that. Had my recommended water already, so anything else is a bonus. I am trying to find some bouillon but struggling. I know there was a German equivalent last time round but can't find it now. I miss that nice savoury taste.
Random musings over, off to check on their tea (grrrr)

Hi jabbathehut, glad you're feeling better (ish), lol! sounds like your boss is wonderful!!!

Cant help ya out with the bouillon havent tried it yet, but I'm sure someone knows.

Enjoy the rest of your evening and hope you have a better day tomorrow xxx

Back