day 2 sucks!

Everyone should be on ketosis once the diet is established, but some find side effects of ketosis different. Ketosis in most people will ease the worst hunger, and create a feeling of well being that will motivate you to continue. However other side effects include that coppery taste, bad breath and hair loss. If you eat on the diet you may hover between being in and out of ketosis.

I have the copper taste in my mouth, headache, freezing cold. I was surprised when the stick said i wasn't in ketosis, unless i had diluted it with all the water drinking because previously i was always in it by Day 3 but never felt better until the end of the week

Ketostix can be notoriously inaccurate, the symptoms you describe are ketosis symptoms. Stick with the diet and the weight will drop off, whether the sticks change colour or not. Good Luck :)

Yeah I think you are right I drinking like 5 litres a day .. so ketostix wudnt show anyway but cold all the time only symptom but I dont care to much

I think ive finally reached utopia! No hunger, no rumblings (well not many). And I dont feel so bloated! Whoo. Day 4 looks set to be a good one! The only down side, is the dreams have started. Not intensely. But I did dream I ate food and even as I was thinking noo what r u doing stop! I was still shovelling the food in uncontrollably!! Xx

Well done ladies you've got to day 4, brilliant! Best wishes for the weekend.

As long as you're sticking to it 100% if you're not already you will be in ketosis soon. My worst days during week 1 were days 4, 5 and 6 so I don't think I went into ketosis until very late that first week. Don't worry about it, just stay strong and take it a day at a time.

I have been 100%. Nothing but shakes and water. I dont drink tea or coffee.
I don't understand, last time i was in it by Day 3.
There's only the very littest pink on the stick.

aww i hope it kicks in soon for you! I can imagine how frustrating waiting for it is. im just so glad im there. did u eat loads of carbs before u started? i read in another thread that can make reaching ketosis a longer process xx

To be honest I think every day so far was as bad as each other but im just kind of used to it... I am craving all sorts but am more than happy to not eat its a wierd sensation ill tell you that much

Its a good feeling to turn food down.. I sat with my client in work and he had a burger king didnt phase me. I came back and smelt soup and drove mad. Meaning I know its all mental and in my head because im a fast food junkie

I have been 100%. Nothing but shakes and water. I dont drink tea or coffee.
I don't understand, last time i was in it by Day 3.
There's only the very littest pink on the stick.

That's it then, any pink means ketosis, so you are there, hopefully the hunger pangs are diminishing a bit and you'll start feeling better.

Well done everyone who's stuck to the first week so far.

I'm gone. Found out i am pregnant this morning. Probably why i wasn't going into ketosis properly

That's great news, definitely explains the fact the diet felt so different.
Good Luck

Back