Day 3 and I feel terrible

deedee1

Hi All

Day 3 and my head feels like it’s about to burst. No amount of pain killers seems to shift it. Actually feel like I’ve got a bad hangover.........not good! :character00264:

Please someone tell me this won’t last long.

Day 1 and 2 were fine, didn't miss the food surprisingly. The Banana Shake and the Thai Chicken Soup are really good.

Can’t say the same for the Chocolate Shake and Tomato Soup :yuk:but I’m sure it will grow on me.

The hunger is setting in now.:eating:

Ah! the hangover stage. That's exactly how I described it. Essentially your body is in the process of running out of carbs and suffering a bit of dehydration (both of which also happen during a 'proper' hangover), and switching to it''s alternative fuel source. It's not fair, feeling that bad without actually having deserved it!

Yes, this is normal, and yes, it'll pass. Probably tomorrow. By day 5-6 you may well start feeling proper human again, and by the end of the first week your body will begin to stop screaming at you to eat - it'll learn that it's not going to be. Be grateful you're suffering the crappy period over a weekend!

It'll pass. :) Give it to the end of the first week, a day at a time.

then week 2 onwards the novelty wears off and you realise you in this for the longer term. But that's another problem entirely ;)

Oh deedee, miss d is your partner on this one, she really suffered like you
few questions/recommendations

are you drinking lots of water throughout the day?

Drinking caffeine based drinks too? They do help with the withdrawal, probably if you ate a lot of choccy, as that has caffeine in too
take paracetamol, I personally wouldsteer off too many, remeber you have not had much to eat

oh, and look after yourself
try a nice bath and an early night

good luck

It will get better, I promise. You just have to ride the next couple of days out. Try and rest and drink plenty of water.
Bren xx

How are you feeling today Deedee?

Love Myr xxx

Much better today

Thanks everyone. You were all right. Feeling a 100% better, no headaches and don't want to eat everything that moves anymore.

Think I wasn't drinking enough water so I keep a record of it now so i make sure I have the recommended amount.

Just experienced the Veggie soup. It was emotional:yuk:

Glad to hear you're through the "hangover" stage!! Ahh the veggie soup is actually my fave!! Seems none of us can agree on the best flavour... :)

s'quite funny - veggie is my fave, too.

Hurrah for swopsies, eh? it's be awkward if we all liked the same ones...

Bleurgh to veg
Thai chick
then mushroom are faves

As it stands:
Mushroom is my fav soup.
Choc shake my least fav shake.

Good stuff Deedee

Love Myr xxx

If I never ate real food again I would be happy with chocolate shake for breakfast, choc orange bar at lunch and mushroom soup for dinner every day!!

Back