Total Solution Day 4 and struggling :(

watty2000

Hi all

Decided to give the total solution a go as there was an offer on a voucher site. I am 18st and I have really struggled up and down with my weight since I left the army several years ago. Then working in Mcd's for the next 15 years didnt help :( my current job I have been in for a couple of years but I am on my bum most of the day and have put on 2 st.
I started on Monday and have stuck to it religiously but on day 4 now and i really feel quite weak and have little to no energy at all. I dont mind most of the products apart from the porridge as it is like chalk paste so I am fine with the food I just want to know how long do most people get to the ketosis stage when the energy boost kicks in?

Hi Watty!! the first 4-5 days are the hardest and you're almost through it. You've managed so far, you can do it!! Once you get through this and go into ketosis you will feel so much better!! Stay Strong!!

I was 18 st 8lb when I started 16 days ago and I was 17 st 4lb on my second weigh in, if weight loss was easy, we'd all be skinny :D

Thanks Mojo :)

You seem to have had fantastic results so far so hopefully I will have something similar. Maybe I will have the breakthru tomorrow :) I hope so as this is murder.

I struggled the first time I did Exante, makes sure you are drinking at least 2-3 litres of water and if it helps have some Coke Zero :)

It will be worth it :D

Hiya Watty!!

Welcome to the forum and exante!!

You will be in ketosis in no time! I felt amazing the first time I did a TFR once ketosis hit, you kinda wake up and just feel amazing!!!! Lol!

Good luck you can do it =)

Thanks Chelly :)

I had a lapse this morning and went and weighed myself to give myself a boost. I deliberately threw my scales out as I was a daily weigher when dieting and said i would do it weekly only. I have lost 7lbs so that made me feel much better but I will weigh in on monday as planned then go back to weekly. I feel a lot better this morning I dont really feel hungry and kind of feel like I am in a bit of a fuzzy place that feels a lot better so hopefully this is the start of ketosis :)

That def sounds like the good auld ketosis buzz!! Lol enjoy it!!

7lbs is brilliant so far!

I'm normally a daily weigher too but me and buttons are challenging our selves to not weigh again til Tuesday!! Lol

Hiya I started too on Monday and struggling yesterday and today big time- maybe there's something with those days. I started 13st5.5 on Monday and weighed weds and 12st13.5 but sts thurs and fri. Kinda annoyed but will try not to weigh.
Good luck x

The less you have to lose, the slower it will take to come off :D

I weighed daily for my first week, for motivation, but I can now leave them alone until my WI day and that helps build on the excitement. :D

But don't just rely on the scales, take your measurements and photos too. You may only lose a pound or two, some weeks, when you body is changing shape!! Stay strong!!

Yeah I took photos on my first day and I am keeping a picture journal to help me on my way. I dont measure but I notice it in my clothes so that is always a boost. I lost 2 stone last year by cutting down and walking every evening and was doing well until a 2 week holiday in Florida knocked me off course and over the past year I have put it back on. I am only going to do this for 10 weeks then start back a normal low calorie diet as that normally works for me but I wanted to give something new a try that shifts the bulk a bit quicker. I am starting my 4 mile a day walks back up on monday which burns off 650 cals according to my runkeeper app so it will be interesting to see how much that affects my loss. I am stopping after 10 weeks as I am doing a charity walk for my old army association which is the Rob Roy Way in Scotland which is 95 miles over 6 days so I will need a few more calories a day to manage that lol.

day 6 feeling like crap again :( this is definitely the toughest diet I have every tried. Determined to stick to it though but the smell of my wife's dinner nearly drove me to divorce earlier lol. I cant even imagine doing any exercise at the minute, taking the dogs out earlier was tough enough. I nearly fainted at one point. I think I will stick to this for 3-4 weeks then change to the working solution as this is hard.

You can do it Watty!! Hope your feeling better today!

By the time you hit the 3 week mark you will be flying and you will know yourself doing the 10 weeks is possible! It's just getting into ketosis and getting into the swing of it

I seem to be ok this morning . My pee sticks have got a little darker. It just seems to be from afternoon onwards I start to fade. I can feel the difference in some of my clothes already so that's helping me along. The thought that I could be lighter than I have been in the past ten years by the end of 4 weeks is also a plus. Thanks for helping me along the way.

Maybe you could try having your packs later in the day? I usually have my first pack between 11:30-12:30, my second between 14:40-15:40 and then my third pack between 18:30-19:30. Has certainly helped me, this time around :D

I am an eat in the morning person :( if I don't have some form of breakfast I feel sick for most of the day. I feel a bit better today but I have changed what I am eating. For the next few days I am having shake for bfast and carbonara for both lunch and dinner. It at least feels like I am eating something then. Looking forward to my weigh in tomorrow. Wanted to lose a stone but as I only lost 7lbs after 4 days I don't think I will lose another 7 over 3 unless the ketosis makes a big difference .

Your welcome!

And you could be very surprised! I read somewhere that men lose quicker than women on this diet but I think your first your loss also depends on what your eating habits were like before the diet etc, as the first loss is mainly water and glycogen stores!

I'm the same as you, I have my packs at like normal meal times, I have my last at about 5, I think it helps with the after diet too to do this so that snacking or eating late at night isn't in your head too!

Weigh in this morning and I have lost 11 and a half pounds :) . I hoped for a stone but not complaining as I didn't exercise at all. Going to walk for half an hour each day this week so I am hoping to hit 5 pounds this week. Glad I have stuck to it :)

Brilliant loss, well done!

Well done watty! 11 and a half is a fantastic first week loss! My 7lb first week loss seems measly compared to that!

Back