Day 5 and can't stop thinking about food!

kallais

Well it's day 5 of my new start trying Exante again. I did attempt it last year but ended up cheating most of the time. This time however, I have stuck to it religiously but really scared of falling off the wagon.

I keep reading that things will get easier and after a few days you won't feel hungry. My stomach is growling, I'm drinking water by the gallon to try and take away the hunger pangs, trying to keep myself busy in between breakfast, lunch and dinner.

I have sneaked a peak at my weight loss and so far its about 6lbs, so I guess the diet is working, but my thoughts are wavering and all i can think about his running down the shop to buy my favourite food and having a huge lunch!

Shouldn't I be feeling better by day 5 and not feeling as hungry?? Argh.........

Hi there, I'm currently on day 6 ov the diet and I must say I'm feeling a bit the same, all I can think about is food and the thought ov having another shake or soup is driving me mad!!

Having just weighed myself and lost 8lb is hopefully enough to keep me going. :)

We just have to stay strong and keep going and think it's not forever and how delighted we will be once we have hit our goal weight :))

Don't give up and don't cheat you will be so disappointed if u do

Good luck
X

Hey DeeDee, 8lbs wow thats awesome. That must be helping you carry on :)

My Stomach is growling at me constantly today like it's telling me off!

Hi both. If you stick at it the hunger will gradually wear off. Try to keep busy. Read others' diaries for inspiration. Keep your own diary and join a challenge. Think about the weight you have lost so far and how much you will lose - the average seems to be about 1st a month! Don't stop now or you'll have to start all over again! KEEP GOING !!!!!!

Lynne is right guys, just keep at it soon Ketosis will kick in and you won't ever feel hungry! You can do it!

:grouphugg:

Hey peeps. It does get easier. I don't think hunger ever leaves completely, it didn't on Cambridge for me and I'm only one week down on exante. Think I'm in ketosis though, have the metallicy taste in my mouth/smelly breath. Just got to make sure you have all the shakes and keep filling up on liquid. :)

I still get hungry, and I'm on Day 18. And my innards make the most appalling noises almost all the time, which I think is an effect of all that unaccustomed liquid consumption. I recognise that a lot of the hunger that I feel isn't true hunger but a desire to eat, which isn't really the same thing although sometimes it feels the same. Sometimes it is very hard to wait until the next meal time so that I can have whichever food pack I have lined up for it. But it's probably good training for the future. Currently, I feel as though I am starving! But any minute now, I am allowed to go and eat my chocolate and orange flavour bar. Can't wait ;)

I'm afraid I caved in last night and ate :) But back on it again today, so I dont undo all the good I have done leading up to last night! Thanks for all your responses. Onwards and upwards still :)

Just put it behind you. Most of us have blips. So long as you get back on track you'll be fine!

in all seriousness, if you do need to eat, and there is nothing that can put you off the idea, go for a low carb meal. Meats and eggs and dark green veg. That sort of thing will be higher in calories but will have less impact on your ketosis. Sorts me out a treat every now and then!! :)

in all seriousness, if you do need to eat, and there is nothing that can put you off the idea, go for a low carb meal. Meats and eggs and dark green veg. That sort of thing will be higher in calories but will have less impact on your ketosis. Sorts me out a treat every now and then!! :)

Absolutely right!

How you getting on ladies? I've had a few oops-es but when I have ooopsed I've been eating chicken or turkey. The weight is still coming off though. I've decided to add some exercise in the mix now....hadn't been to the gym for 2 months so it was a bit of a shock to the system!!

Hey guys I'm on day 3 and feeling okay now I added some cinnamon to the porridge I find all packs incl bars rank but in 2 days I've lost 2lbs I know that doesn't sound a lot but to me it's great because I've been trying so hard following a normal diet. I think it's important to remb why your doing it. I do miss meals but
Sometimes I miss general snackin! But that's why I'm overweight in first place :( I have 3wks for a hol and I'm motivated! All the threads and fb closed group folk are keeping me
Going without a doubt - the diet does work. It is hard but it gives amazing guaranteed results if u stick to it.
Good luck xx

I am on day 6 and this is by far the hardest. Not in terms of hunger, I haven't been hungry for days but I am so tired and grumpy. I feel like I have done nothing but moan at my poor youngest daughter all day :-( If this keeps up I may well be skinny but no one will be speaking to me!!!

Whoops. So late and tired I keep posting in the wrong places! Wanted to say that even 6 weeks in I still have 'want food' days, but if I have another couple of litres of water I find it passes. As long as my stomach gets something it seems to shut my head up!

Back