DAY 5 HELP and ADVICE ... PLEASE

Hi Everyone

I'm a girl on day 5 of my very first time on lipotrim. I was doing brilliantly but tonight I was ready to give up. I am not hungry just craving some taste/spice/flavour to the point of distraction!. I really need to stay on this plan and have lovely support but will this craving (rather than the hunger which isn't a problem) pass I'm afraid this will ruin my success. I have lost 7lb in 5 days it is working. Could do with some support from ladies and guys please x :)

*hug* You're doing amazingly well so far, we all get bad days where the cravings seem too strong. Tomorrow will be a better day. Don't give up on yourself, think of how much you've achieved!

Thats lovely - thank you! The Bonio dog biscuits were actually looking attractive tonight :) just hope I can keep it going. You are doing so well !! I want to loose 2 and half stone and doing this on my own so great to have some peeps to talk to.

I'm on day 7 and day 5 was my worst day such cravings all day. Try going to bed early, do something that will distract you like watch a good movie.

It does get easier by day 7 anyway cravings not bad I do miss the act of eating but really I think it's about setting a new habit. Give it a while and not eating will be second nature, at least I hope so.

And wait til that first weigh in at the chemist you will feel great. Your ready doing so well.

Hiya Slim,

Major hugs. I had tremendous success w Lipotrim before, so I know the struggle you're going through. I gained it back because I didn't know something I know now and I think will help you out. You're withdrawing. Just like a heroin addict. Your body is addicted to sugar and carbs which become sugar in your body. Your brain is so used to the dopamine it gets from eating the crap that is our modern diet that you are suffering and that's what causes the INSANE cravings. Your brain wants a chemical its been getting from an outside source.

So, stay strong. Soon you'll be free from your sugar/carb addiction and on smooth sailing. Go for a light walk to get a dopamine hit instead of reaching for the crisps. You CAN do it.

I know that I will never go back to sugar. Once I've detoxed, I'm not reintroducing sugar/complex carbs back to my diet because I can't control my addiction to them. Its like the dvd you watched said. You've got an opportunity to reset your taste buds AND also free yourself from the control of food. CONGRATS on all your hard work so far.

Cheering you on. :D

Maire

My current mantra is no pain no gain. I have been driven crazy in my office with unmentionable tasty things but I keep telling myself this is only going to taste good for the 2 minutes while I am eating it and then I will feel nothing else for it. This diet is a huge commitment but it also pays off incredibly well. I lost 9 pounds my first week and have another weigh in tomorrow and I know the scales will be in my favor. I am in week 2 and I can already see that my stomach is getting smaller aka I can't see my tummy over my boobs! and I am fairly busty :p Once you see the results it will be super motivating for you :)

. . . another weigh in tomorrow and I know the scales will be in my favor. I am in week 2 and I can already see that my stomach is getting smaller aka I can't see my tummy over my boobs!

Wouldn't it have been easier to just stop doing handstands? :p

Slim by July, I had those cravings all through my time on TFR. The whole thing did get more routine though and ignoring those cravings became easier.

Apart from the weight-loss one of the biggest things for me now I'm refeeding is realising just how much taste I now get from food. I am eating things I didn't even like before because I can appreaciate them now. That in itself is worth experiencing and to do that you need to hang in there for a while longer.

Good luck.

Oh my goodness, everyone thank you SO SO SO much for taking the time to send through your thoughts I couldn't believe the lovely responses when I checked in this morning. What a lovely group of people. Maire - I hadn't thought about that but of course I can see what you mean it really is an addiction to sugar/carbs and I know its complete habit breaking - I just realised I was having a little mini-meal (little sandwich and a biscuit or two) whilst I waited on the dinner cooking - TWO MEALS !!! Ridiculous - what a twit but I had my weight on Saturday and have lost 10 LBS. So, so delighted I do feel a bit stronger and not associating food with relaxing or treating myself. Thanks everyone again xxx

Thats lovely - thank you!

Back