cucumber
balsamic glaze (1.5 syns)
pear
oranges x 2
ff activia

snack:

fibre plus bar (5.5 syns)

dinner:

smoked salmon kedgeree (est 2 syns for olive oil)
asparagus
babyleaf salad

options hot choc - 2

total: 11

Wed 16th Feb

Breakfast

fibre plus bar

Lunch

oranges x 3
alpen light bar (3.5 syns)
cherry ff activia

Dinner

Salmon, babyleaf salad, red onion, cucumber, ff salad dressing (1 syn)

Forgot to add - lost4lbs this week at weigh in!

Last edited:
Well done girl! Xx

Thanks guys - really don't know how I did it!! Ate salad with almost every meal but made loads if nice things - lasagne, fish and chips, salmon stir fry yum yum yum! I pretty much stick to the same things every week but my weight loss seems to change all the time. How are you guys getting on with it?? Xx

Not too bad, but had a bit of a iffy week! But iv tried my best to stick at it! But really well done hun! That's great! X

thurs 17 feb

breakfast:

strawberries*
pear
apple

lunch:

babyleaf salad
red onion
cucumber
gammon
balsamic glaze (1.5 syns)
strawberries
ff activia
orange

snack:

boiled egg
2 x alpen light

dinner

chilli
potato wedges (fry light)
babyleaf salad
cucumber

chili recipe

onion
lean steak
fresh chillies
green and red peppers
garlic
oxo cubes
chilli powder
tomato relish (4 syns?)

syns:

balsamic glaze: 1.5
tomato relish: 4

Total: 5.5

really pigged out today - dinner was massssiivvveee!!

Friday 18th Feb:

Breakfast

Apple
Ff activia

Snack

alpen light bar (1/2 heb)

Lunch

Babyleaf salad
Red onion
Cucumber
Boiled egg
Ham

Snack

Pineapple
Alpen light (1/2 heb)

Dinner

Jacket potato
Tuna
Babyleaf salad
Red onion
Cucumber

Dessert:

Pineapple
Ff activia

Syns

Light Mayo - 1 syn
Options hot choc - 2

Sat 19th feb

Breakfast

Pineapple
Pear
Ff activia
Fibre plus bar (heb)

Dinner

SW Chicken tikka
Brown rice
Onion bhajis x 4
Salad

Tikka recipe:

Chicken breasts
Tikka spice
Ff yog
Coriander
Ff fromage frais
Squeeze lemon juice

Onion bhajis:

Sliced onion
Gram flour
Lemon juice
Ground cumin
Coriander seeds
Green chilli
Chopped coriander
Baking powder

Syns

Bhajis - 4
Mini milk - 1.5
Curry mix - 4

Total - 9.5

That's the plan - will edit later if it changes! X x

Last edited:
Right - i've been a little preoccupied over the last week or so, but I have been tracking what I've been eating - although a wi on wed I stayed the same! :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

I handed in my food diary on wednesday at class, so will update when I get it back.

Thursday 24th Feb

breakfast:

pear x 2
orange
ff activia

lunch:

weetabix x 2 (heb)
175ml whole milk (hea)

dinner:

chicken
onion
garlic
ginger
chillies
tomatoes
curry powder
basmati rice
ff yog
cucumber
red onion
fine green beans
brocoli

syns:

vodka x 3 - 7.5

Friday 25th February - green

breakfast:

raspberries
orange
apple
ff activia
fibre plus bar (1/2 heb - green day)

lunch/dinner

jacket potato
cheese - (2 x hea)
beans

snack: fibre plus bar (1/2 heb)

syns:

butter - 2
milk - 4
cheese - 6

Saturday 26th February

breakfast:

pineapple
pear
orange
ff activia

Snack: fibre plus bar (heb)

dinner:

chicken curry (as thursday), no veg but HUGE salad

Syns:

Quavers - 5.5

Sunday 27th feb

Breakfast
Weetabix and milk (heb and part hea)
Pineapple
Pear
Orange
Ff activia

Then went to the gym for 90 mins - work out was 60 mins, induction was 30 mins. It has seriously amplified the fact that I am unfit!! Feel knackered. Went shopping afterwards.

Snack:

Huuuuge orange from continental food store. Was amazing
Cup of tea

Dinner (may change)

Chicken curry (same as yesterday)
Basmati rice
Peas
Mixed veg

frozen summer berries
ff activia
ryvita x 2 - 3 syns
nutella - 4 syns
milk for teas/coffee - 4 syns

total: 10 syns

x

Last edited:
Yes, was really busy with work and getting work done in the house (plastering etc, v messy!!) so didn't stop by. I stayed the same last week - confused really, as I didnt eat any differently than usual. Had a 4lb loss the week before though! Anyway how are you, hows the weight loss going??

x

I'm okay thanks. Only lost 1lb this week! But i'm happy with that. Been a bit off track and felt like i was failing again... But i will start a fresh again and start writing my diary down again. This is the year for change!!
I think i will feel so much better once im in my smaller work trousers!! Sounds silly i know.... But works for me! I think the fact my zip is about to go on my other ones will give me the kick up the bum i need!!

Well done on your 4lb loss!! Thats fabulous! xx

I think the problem is that we expect to much to soon. If someone asked me at the beginning of the year what I wanted to lose by the end of February, I would have said 2 stones. I set my expectations too high, put too much pressure on myself and feel let down that I dont achieve these unachievable goals. A perfect example of this is that I have joined a Easter challenge where people set a target weight loss before easter. I set a goal of 17lbs, as this will take me to the weight I was about 3 years ago. In theory this is achievable but considering my weight losses over the last month its not as regarless of how good I am at sticking to the plan, I dont have big losses and I have to accept that. Therefore I put unneccesary pressure on myself to get the 17lbs and feel very disappointed when I dont achieve it.

Why do I do it?? Confused. I should set achievable goals and then feel happy when I reach them.

What we must always remember is slimming world is a change in eating habits FOREVER. Therefore, as long as we stick to it as much as possible (we are all human after all!), and lose weight slowly but steadily then that's all we can ask for!

Im sorry to blurt this out x x

That is a very good answer! And you don't need to apologise!
I am happy with my 13lb loss and although i dont see it myself i can feel it!
We will get there!
x

We certainly will - alilou you have a great attitude, you seem to understand that it's all about the long term. My goodness you should be happy about the 13lb loss - that's 13 pack of butter. If you went to the supermarket and put that in a basket you'd see how much it weighs. Just think, you are no longer carrying that around! It's fab. I wish I could get over sabotaging my chances before I've even given my self a shot. started at the gym today, was really good although when I got home I was ravenous and it was only 2pm. Had my dinner then fruit and yog THEN 2 ryvita with nutella (7 sums but totally worth it).

Hope everyone has a fab week - happy slimming!! x

Yes you came home and snacked, but I don't know about you but if that's was me not so long ago I would have had a chocolate bar and crisps. And then even more. You snacked sensibly! I don't go to the gym any more but I used to take a banana an apple to eat on my way home and that kept the hunger pains away until I had my lunch sorted!! Hope that helps!! Xx

Alilou you are right, what I'm snacking on now is nothing compared to what I used to eat.

Anyway I went to the gym again this evening, strangely found it harder today than I dud yesterday. Hope it gets easier.

I do:

5 min warm up
10 mins + 2 min cool down on bike (fat burn mode), kills!!
2000m on rowing machine - takes about 10 mins
10 mins on cross trainer (fat burn again), literally cannot breath after this
20 mins on treadmill brisk walk, works up a sweat
10 mins on toning legs, tummy and arms.

Anyway after that o met my OH for a romantic rendezvous at......Wickes! Needed some plumbing and board thing for the new kitchen.

Food for the day has been:

Breakfast

Pear
3 x cups of tea with skimmed milk (couldn't get enough!!), part hea

Lunch

Veg curry, basmati rice, babyleaf salad, cucumber, half a red pepper

Ff activia
Orange
Apple

Dinner

2 x ryvita (heb)
Asda light garlic and herb soft cheese (4 syns???)

Night x

Last edited:
Back