Day on Day off - would it work?

Hello there,

I'm considering kick starting my weight loss by doing a month on Exante.

Just wondered if it would work if I did it one day on, one day off, with my off days containing 1200 cals.

I'm not keen on the prospect of being shattered, I'm very grouchy when tired, and thought it might make the challenge a little easier but just as effective as doing 1 whole month of exante then continuing with 1200 a day diet.

Morning -

I don't think that will work - I'm no expert but I think vlcd need to be followed as per instructions to work in the way they were designed to . The whole idea of the diet is to keep your calories and carb intake at such a low level , so that a) you lose weight fast and b) it puts you into ketosis to make the whole process so much easier .
Why not try Exante ws where u can have a small carb free meal with your packs - that's an option?
Best of luck

That would follow the principle of the Up day, down day diet :), which if adhered to, can have remarkable results.
In the Johnsons book, Up day down day, they do recommend that you use shake/soup type meals for your down days(I believe they mention slimfast or simialr). On the up days you eat normally:)
I did try JuDDDing for a while, but I couldn't get my head into it properly, so didn't lose anything. Thats not to say YOU wont. I was in the wrong place mentally to diet.
I dont think your results will be as rapid, as on a full time VLCD.
Good Luck
Marge
:)

Back