Day one on Cambridge

Iv had a really similar day to yesterday. Been mega busy at work so not really thought about food today. Only had a mouthful of the fruits of the Forrest shake which was awful so just threw it away. Going out with friends tonight but will be taking a shake with me :) mega feeling the will power :) starting to loose energy though, knackered all the time :( hopefully tonight is a good night then only 2 days till weigh in ...eeeeeek!!!! Can you add friends on this? X

I'm on day three. I am absolutely starving and watching friends eat pizza. I'm so excited for my strawberry shake for dinner...! Haha. I need support! I can't wait for my body to get used to everything! Does ketosis get slowed by eating sugar? I gave in and had some tic tacs!! Help!!

Aw let us know how your weigh in goes? I always just seem to get over the hunger, it just passes after a while then doesn't bother me. The way I see it is...I want to be on this for about 2 and a half months, which is only 10 weeks out my whole life. It's really not long. I read alot of success stories which keeps me going because then I know it's possible. How do you know if your in ketosis without peeing on a stick? I have no idea if I'm there yet :s x

Hi sheryl7 , got wieghed today day 4 and lost 6lb , my daughter lost 13 lb in 2 weeks !!! So good , Toni has lost 3lb but we cannot tell yet as wieghed different times etc so next week it will be full week , really strange I'm feeling lots of energy !!! Had chicken in bacon with lettuce cucumber so hopefully still stay in ketosis , I do check with the ketostix u can buy from chemist but u can taste metally taste in ur mouth , and I find shakes can taste different ! Toni been ok but had a day of not liking every shake she liked before but cd said that's normal when first in ketosis , using sticks are motivating !! What day is ur wiegh in and to the other lady I do think sugar can take u out of ketosis and carbs , citrus , tomatoes but everyone different , my daughter isn't even in ketosis but losing ;) we will do this , I will try the 10 weeks too hopefully x

Last edited:
Don't stop now Lauren give it few days u be ok ! I do use sugar free gum when taste in my mouth unbearable some people feel more hunger from gum but I find it easier , don't worry bout tic tacs keep going ,it is soo hard but be worth it :)

Omg that's amazing!!! Well done to you!!! I would be over the moon if I lost 6lbs but for some reason I don't think ill loose anything. Seems to be going to well at the moment to feel iv lost anything. Do you see any difference or in your clothes? I have no idea if I'm in ketosis or not :s how long does it normally take? X

Ketosis takes 3-4 days but everyone different , u get lots of energy too I find but it is different for us all , it is good loss but don't forget first loss is ur water store etc before u start burning fat and I hold a lot of water so I don't feel it in clothes yet , just less puffy round face etc lol , u will get there so what day is ur weighing ? Also if ur first loss isn't great ur next will be , have u started getting funny taste in ur mouth yet? Oh more water I drink on ketosis more it flushes out is wat cd said too x

Ohh and feeling wide awake and lots of energy more soo than normal is quite normal too which is wat I've had this evening , it's great for now , but I do love my food! But it is only so many weeks of our life to do this , wat is ur weight ?or have u said already? Sorry I'm new to this x

Well done on your weight! I weighed myself tonight, end of day 3 and I'm already 8lbs down! I'm sure that can't be right!! I'm not going to believe it until my consultant weighs me on Monday. Then I'll start smiling! I'm so determined to lose weight. Took a photo in my underwear and pinned it in my room to remind myself of why I want and need to do this! 15st when I started and I can't be the whale on the beach when I go to Ibiza in June!! Thinspiration!

Ahh that's great I'm sure it is very right !, good idea doing the pic ! U doing just soul source or sole source plus , no stopping us all ! We got to do this ! I'm goin away in June for anniversary but August my beach holiday ;) nite all

I started getting a funny taste in my mouth last night and woke up with it this morning too. If that's what happens then I defs think I'm there, as iv woke up buzzing haha!!! When I first started I was 12st 4lbs, but I am 5ft10 so alot of people tell me I carry weight well but it's all about how you feel and I don't feel great. Want to loose 2 and a half stone and be able to go but a size 10 pair of jeans. This is day 5 for me and going to get weighed on Sunday. I'm worried incase I haven't lost and I give up :( just have to power through today and tomorrow and then face it all on Sunday :) positivity is the key for me :) x

Yay think ur there for sure ! Gets set for a buzzing day lol , we all feel comfortable a certain wieght , I'm 5 ft 6 and now 11 stone 13 but few years ago was at my biggest just over 13 stone and done Cambridge , lost all my wieght i didn't gain it all bak at all... for me it took years of eatin wat I like to get to where I am now but think we all have our ideal wieght that we end up being or end up going bak too ! U be fine Sunday !! exciting , so it will be day 6 won't It , Have a great day :) I didn't sleep to good but only cos lots of energy but feel ok so far :) not really hungry not yet anyways :)

Last edited:
I have a weird taste but its not metallic. Also I am absolutely buzzing. Had one shake so far today, not feeling hungry at all. Literally loving life! I'm doing soul source. I'm going to stick to three shakes a day this week then make have a couple of small meals next week but so far so good. Need to lose 4 stone in total and then I think I'll be comfortable I'm enjoying it though!

I was doing so well this morning! Felt so positive, bit seem to have taken a wee dip for some reason. Went out for lunch at work today an only had a glass of water so was dead pleased, but feeling really hungry now. It's so nice and just want to sit out with a wee cider. Aw I can feel I'm going to struggle tonight :( x

Hi Sheryl,

I was invited to a new neighbours house for a glass or two of wine..... Can't believe I said thank you but no! Who is this person that has taken over my body! Went to the pub last night and my new man (been together about 4 mths!) couldn't believe when I said I'd have soda water! He can't believe how good my will power has been! I did pinch a couple of his chips but I've been 100% today and instead of wine I've done some of my exercise videos from YouTube to hopefully cancel out the chips!
Feeling great tho! Got a rancid taste in my mouth that I can't shift but no ketosis!!! Still I've never been more adamant about sticking to something :)
Keep in touch x

Aw I would love some chips right now!!! Mega mega wanting some food tonight!!! Can't believe I have another 3 weeks before I can eat anything :( I'm just having a crappy night tonight, ill feel better tomorrow :) if I loose on Sunday it will defs push me to keep going :) that's so amazing about refusing wine lol!!!! I was very close to opening a cider tonight!! So hard to put it back in the fridge lol x

Well done ladies! I'm going out tonight but I've forced myself to be the designated driver so diet coke for me! I'm on nights tomorrow so ill see how that goes. I might up myself to 4 shakes! KEEP GOING!!!!

I think I might go out tomorrow but drive :) need to keep busy lol!!! Iv only had 2 today. Everyone keeps telling me that I have to have my 3rd but I really don't feel like I need it :s x

Sheryl u got to keep goin ! Shudnt really say but if u really don't feel like last shake , I don't make myself otherwise it can put u off more , u got to keep up till Sunday then see how u feel ,I'm doin ss+ as have to have evening meal but checking and still in ketosis so that's good ,weekends are just the hardest I think , be worth it x

Back