Day one...

Lots2lose

Well I'm onto day two now...after day one of feeling lightheaded then having an awful night, head was banging and tummy grumbled all night! Feel exhausted! Lol!

Had the chilli for dinner which was nice but unfortunately gave me terrible diarrhoea (sorry tmi!)

please tell me this gets better as have a long way to go!!!

Lots2lose said:
Well I'm onto day two now...after day one of feeling lightheaded then having an awful night, head was banging and tummy grumbled all night! Feel exhausted! Lol!

Had the chilli for dinner which was nice but unfortunately gave me terrible diarrhoea (sorry tmi!)

please tell me this gets better as have a long way to go!!!

Hiya, it gets better honestly get the first 3 days out the way you will feel loads better xx

Thankyou :hug99: ....it's nice to know there's someone out there who understands! Feeling very grumpy and constantly on verge of tears today for some reason :raincloud: lol! How silly! Just want to curl up in bed and get first week over! I suppose I feel angry at myself for letting my weight get this out of control in the first place. x

Thankyou :hug99: ....it's nice to know there's someone out there who understands! Feeling very grumpy and constantly on verge of tears today for some reason :raincloud: lol! How silly! Just want to curl up in bed and get first week over! I suppose I feel angry at myself for letting my weight get this out of control in the first place. x

You will go through so many emotions, particularly during the first few weeks. You will feel better guaranteed, I always found the WI's helped my mood improve as the weight just seemed to melt away in the first month.

Anger is a wasted emotion I think, so better to fus on the positives and all the good things losing weight will allow you to do and feel.

Drink plenty of water, get some early nights and pamper yourself a little. It will help I am sure. Good luck hun we are all here to support you xxx

Aaah thankyou thats really nice to know....I haven't got any overweight people around me really so it's hard to talk to them about it! Most are just flabbergasted about the no food concept so have avoided telling them as definately don't want any negative comments when feeling slightly weak lol!

Can I ask though has any one else experienced an ermmm 'runny tummy?' :ashamed0005: It started after the chilli but hasnt settled down properly since.

Oooh bath and early night it is then nice to have an excuse! x

Hi, I cant help with the runny tummy, if only! Others on here may have experienced it and shed some light on what might help.

Peoples opinion on the diet always makes for good reading on here! It always frustrates me that most that frown upon it have never lived the life we all have and felt the feelings we do. Sounds harsh but true! You will also find that they will tell you when to stop and what you should be doing, but remember it is your life and what you do should be your choice and yours alone.

It has given me my life back and I am sure it will give you yours too, stick with it gorgeous xxx

Hi lots2lose
Great advice from Lady T .The forst three or four days are the worst whilst your body is getting used to not having carbs.The headaches will ease you can take paracetamol and treat yourself to lots of early nights and bubble baths.
I got the runnny tummy after the chilli so just avoided having it anymore. It can be due to the amount of vitamins that your body isnt used too.It should settle down after a couple of days.
Take care and good luck on your weight loss journey.
Cathy

Well done on getting through 2 days, in another 2 you will be over the worst bit.

It really does all get better, I promise :)

Right so I mentioned earlier that I should be so lucky to have a runny tummy, er spoke to soon I had to leg it to the loo! Sorry TMI!! I have just worked out it is the water flavouring, not sure if you are using them? Xx

oh yes I have to be carefull with the water flavouring too they make my tummy rumble and at first gave me a runnt tummy so I only have two glasses with flavouring in now.
Cathy

Hi Lots2lose, I did have a runny tummy the first week and it was less the 2nd week and now I have to watch I don't have the opposite problem. Keep focused on your goals the first week and the weighin will definitely keep you motivated and so excited to keep going, it does work. You will love the results.

I have the rumble tummy too wasn't sure what was causing it no I know.
Good advice being handed out here lots of luck on your journey.
Headaches do get better and early nights following a bath help pass the time

Thankyou so much for all your wonderful replies! They have really helped keep me motivated and on track! Going to lay off water flavour today and see if tummy is more settled (fingers crossed lol)

Feeling much better today headache has gone and don't feel so grumpy!

I'm taking one day at a time but also focusing on the thought of next summer holidays and being able to go on holiday and to theme park with my family and not be putting it off because I'm too scared I won't fit in the seats!! Can't wait to be a happy healthy mummy for them x x

Hello lovely girl.

Just caught up with your diary. First few days tend to be a bit grim find. I have a runny tummy the first few days, its like my body clearning out the rubbish. Doesn't matter what packs I eat to be honest. It all depends how much rubbish you have been eating before hand as to how poorly one feels I think.

Keep fighting the good fight xx

Ha ha clarabow that would explain it then diet has been very indulgent this last few days before starting! Oh dear! (hangs head in shame!) lol!

Feeling better and better as day goes on and stomach seems settled finally. Enjoyed a sweet frothy latte with vanilla shake and coffee and also liked the shepherds pie so good day all round so far!!

Lovely to have support on here has helped me through the rough stage! Thanks again all! Xx

Well done on getting through the grottiest bit - I always think that's a reminder of what rubbish we've been putting into our bodies before LL.
Good luck, sounds like you'll do well, your head is in the right place.
I used to keep the water flavourings for the 24 hours before my WI day if you know what I mean!
You'll see that some people find it helpful to make a list of non foody treats as mini rewards at the start like having a manicure or doing your feet, lovely relaxing bubble bath, maybe a new book or magazine, going for a walk -basically starting to value yourself again and having some "me" time. :)

Hello! I'm back on "day one" too today - decided to go back on packs for a short rebalancing or whatever it's called. Doing ok so far and hope tomorrow and the next day aren't too challenging.

Good to hear you're feeling so well and through the worst of it... reminds me it's all do-able! :)

:wavey: spanglymum and splendablenda!

On day 5 now and although am having moments of "emotional" hunger :eat: lol! I am feeling really happy and positive.

Had my first bar last night which felt like a treat! Missing a good cup of tea/coffee though just can't face it black! :sign0137:

Love your idea of finding things to treat myself splendablenda am going to have to invest in some pampering products at the weekend! LOL I'm thinking water flavour is going to helpful few days before weigh in thanks for tip! :giggle:

Goodluck over your first few days spanglymum...i keep telling myself nothing will taste as good as getting into a size 10! lol!

Take care all... weigh in wednesday yey!! xxx

Just had my first weigh in...lost 7 and a half pounds! I know i should be really excited but it's hard when everyone else lost between 9 and 12 pounds..:sigh: xx

Ah I know how that feels. My first weigh in last year i lost something like three pounds and was really disappointed. LL still worked for me though and some of those with bigger early losses dropped out before they reached goal. All a big loss means is a big loss of glycogen and water that first week anyway. As long as the scales are moving down, it's all good! Well done!

Back