Day One

Mr Creosote

OK Let me get this straight before I go on, I will not eat today EXCEPT my LL food packages. However it is only 13:30 and I must say I'm very hungry already. Last night's blow out has stretched my stomach even further and I could kill for a Big Mac [but I won't] . I find writing it down and posting it here helps. While I'm typing I can't be eating !!!

Also get to see my LL Counsellor Saturday at 10:45 so that makes it more manageable. Is seeing your counseller once inbetween weekly weigh in's an option that is open to all LL dieters throughout their weight loss programme ?

We had it for the first 4 weeks. It's not such a good thing after that (maybe more for women) as your losses slow donw to an average of 3-4lbs per week. So if you got weighed twice a week then the losses it would should would be minimal. You men lose it a lot quicker than women so am not sure how long you will have a pop in for.

Don't forget to keep drinking water, that can make all the difference. Hope you have a good first week x

I think getting weighed once a week is enough. I used to get weighed a couple of times a week and if your loss was minimal, it was heartbreaking!
How some people weigh themselves everyday is beyond me!!!!

The hunger will go away quite quickly Mr C, if you drink some water and occupy your mind with something you'll soon forget you even wanted something (and chances are, it was your head wanting it and not your body needing it)

2 more days and you'll be into Keto, then the fun begins; no hunger and the lb's flying off! woo! :D

Good luck today - the first few days are the hardest. Just remember if you give in and eat something you will be right back at the beginning again and just prolong the agony! You will probably find that you will miss chewing something the most, I know I did. It will pass and before you know it you will be flying through
All I will say is stick with it and it definitely gets easier

The first week was very hard for me, then I got into ketosis and it was fine, I think pop ins are definitely a good idea, it gave me the motivation to carry on seeing how much i'd lost midweek.plus your first week figure should be massive!

Cheers everyone, it's appreciated. Having 4 young kids and all the food that goes with that is torture but it's 20:30. Only 3.5 hrs to go then Day One is over !!!!

Think I'll play on my Football Manager for a while.

Back