Daz FINALLY has a food diary

Fromage frais will be a bit sour in taste like yogurt so it's nice with meat dishes in my opinion. Quark and low fat crème fraiche or philly light are all good to add to sauces. Hope this helps :) .

Kay xx

Then it will be all go for you - whipping up a cooking frenzy eh? lol well maybe just some soup. Have you used your parsnips today

Then it will be all go for you - whipping up a cooking frenzy eh? lol well maybe just some soup. Have you used your parsnips today

This is all your fault after making me search out this soup yesterday.

i shall roast some in a bit to have with my beef, and some spuds and carrots, red onion, and anything else i can find that needs mould scraping from it. :8855:

what about quark or ff fromage frais??

See I thought about quark which may work, I'm not a fan of ff fromage frais, no idea why!!!

A visit from the lad today, dinner at 5. So not used to cooking to a set time, really not my thing, lol. But we had a home made leek and potato soup, the leek courtesy of my parents, lord only knows why they decided to bring me a leek. And finished with the not so long ago used raspberry and chocolate tiramisu. Really do like that. 2 left for me to indulge. (recipe is a few posts back)
Main course was a cheesy pepper risotto. Totally new one on me, son is veggie and i actually found this recipe in my Facebook notes. That means it possibly came from here in the first place. haha. Was nice though, would make it again.

2 onions diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
3 red or orange peppers (i used green)
350g arborio rice (i used cheap rice, lol)
1½ litres hot vegetable stock
160g Primula Light cheese (seriously strong spreadable works ok)
Salt and pepper
Vine tomatoes
60g grated parmesan cheese (didn't use this)
Low calorie cooking spray

method
1. Chop and de-seed the peppers and cut into cubes, place on a baking tray with the vine tomatoes, spray with low calorie cooking spray and place in a preheated oven 200°C/180°C Fan for 30 minutes.
2. Place a large frying pan (or risotto pan if you have one) on the hob, and spray with low calorie cooking spray. Add the onions and garlic and allow to soften.
3. Add the rice and if necessary add a little more low calorie cooking spray. Allow to cook lightly for about 2 minutes, the rice should turn slightly transparent.
4. Now start to add the vegetable stock, a little at a time, to allow the rice to soak up the liquid. When all the liquid has been absorbed check that the rice is lightly and fluffy - add a little more water if required.
5. Once the rice is soft and cooked add the Primula Light cheese and mix thoroughly.
6. Add the roasted pepper and the parmesan, and season to taste with the salt and pepper. Place the vine tomatoes on top and serve.

Morning Mr D :), hope your well. Nice for you to have a catch up with your son. The food sounds amazing ! I'm loving the cheesy pepper risotto. I love anything that involves rice and my love for cheese so must give this a try. Thanks for posting up the recipe :p.

Kay xx

Morning Mr D :), hope your well. Nice for you to have a catch up with your son. The food sounds amazing ! I'm loving the cheesy pepper risotto. I love anything that involves rice and my love for cheese so must give this a try. Thanks for posting up the recipe :p.

Kay xx

Hi Kay.
It was good. A little bit "stodgy" i suppose some would say, but then it is cheese melted into rice so that is inevitable to a degree, although i dont think i boiled off all of the stock so that wouldn't have helped. Really nice though, i shall have the rest of it for dinner today.

Need to refocus as i am getting nowhere now. Have found a small glass dish for my breakfast cereal and shall try using small plates for dinner for a week, see if the portion control is what is damaging me. I am still not eating the wrong foods, just think i may be having to much. I might have to move to much smaller amounts but with an added feed time somewhere.

I know what you mean about portions Daz. I normally do green days but my weakness is rice and pasta, I can get through lots :p. So on a friends recommendation I recently purchased `Rosemary Conely's portion pots, which you can use to measure your rice and pasta portion and many other food groups. I started using them last week and I had a good loss so hoping it is doing the trick. But I would like to see the difference over a month to really believe they are helping. Defo going to try the rice out this week, need to do my food shop from Asda on the weekend then will make it. Hope you have a lovely day ahead :).

Kay xx

I know what you mean about portions Daz. I normally do green days but my weakness is rice and pasta, I can get through lots :p. So on a friends recommendation I recently purchased `Rosemary Conely's portion pots, which you can use to measure your rice and pasta portion and many other food groups. I started using them last week and I had a good loss so hoping it is doing the trick. But I would like to see the difference over a month to really believe they are helping. Defo going to try the rice out this week, need to do my food shop from Asda on the weekend then will make it. Hope you have a lovely day ahead :).

Kay xx

i use mysupermarket, online shopping, so much easier. Its nearly always Asda that i get the food from but it allows you to see how much it would be from the other supermarkets. And for me it is really handy with my mobility issues and lack of driving licence currently.

oh I love that website too for price comparison. I'm always checking it out before my food shop for the best deals :p.

Kay xx

Hi Kay.
It was good. A little bit "stodgy" i suppose some would say, but then it is cheese melted into rice so that is inevitable to a degree, although i dont think i boiled off all of the stock so that wouldn't have helped. Really nice though, i shall have the rest of it for dinner today.

Need to refocus as i am getting nowhere now. Have found a small glass dish for my breakfast cereal and shall try using small plates for dinner for a week, see if the portion control is what is damaging me. I am still not eating the wrong foods, just think i may be having to much. I might have to move to much smaller amounts but with an added feed time somewhere.

I've been watching a program on Sky about America's obesity problem, it was very interesting, amongst the many area's discussed they showed how portions have increased significantly they also look at this alongside growing obesity rates.

Kay xx

What a fab idea.

I've been watching a program on Sky about America's obesity problem, it was very interesting, amongst the many area's discussed they showed how portions have increased significantly they also look at this alongside growing obesity rates.

What a fab idea.

You only have to look at the size of standard dinner plates now, far bigger than they were years ago. I have mentioned a few times now the Doctor on the news a while bak, he kept to the rule of thumb of a portion of food being no more than what can be held in cupped hands. He lost a stone that way with no need to diet. A lot cheaper than branded measuring devices. lol.

Popping in to subscribe Daz x

Don't worry I can prattle with the best of 'em! Hows your day been?

Don't worry I can prattle with the best of 'em! Hows your day been?

i can handle a fellow prattler, my days are long and boring at the best of times. :( i am trying to get some websites designed and online but struggling with the concentration levels. i am sure i will get there in the end. You done much?

Back