Daz FINALLY has a food diary

i can handle a fellow prattler, my days are long and boring at the best of times. :( i am trying to get some websites designed and online but struggling with the concentration levels. i am sure i will get there in the end. You done much?

Ooh very technical. Know what you mean about concentration levels. I've been trying to study today and its just not happening! Apart from a quick trip to Morrisons haven't been up to much.

Ooh very technical. Know what you mean about concentration levels. I've been trying to study today and its just not happening! Apart from a quick trip to Morrisons haven't been up to much.

Ahhh, the outside world, what is it like out there now? (we have blazing sun here at the moment, i may just get a chance to wobble up the street for 20 mins later)
In fact i should probably go now, before the flooding weather returns. Sad state of affairs down here right now, but luckily im about 15 miles away from the troubles.

Hmmmmm, portion control, 2 lb down in 2 days? Interesting. Tomorrow could be difficult though, having the parents round for a Sunday roast. Shall cook it today (mostly) so there are no panics tomorrow.

On the menu

Making the tomato soup mentioned previously, with the pickled onions in it, will be interesting to see the opinion of people that have no idea of the ingredients.

Roast pork, i shall purposely make sure i don't salt and crisp the fat, i have a mahoosive tendency to eat it all. :D Spuds, roasted parsnips carrots and onions, perhaps some mushrooms as well. Roasted peppers and gravy.

Home made apple crumble and double cream. This will be a killer for me, intention is to make it for the parents, but i know i wont be able to stay away from it. I can feel that 2 lb back on already.

But, it will be nice to cook for others, and i then have the rest of the week to go back to portion control.

Hi Daz :wavey:,

I've just noticed your stats on the side, so happy for your 12st 5lb :), I remember a time last year when I weighed lighter than you, but since my op and xmas getting in the way, I have gained a stone :( , now your a stone lighter than me :D, funny how things turn around. I know this is not a race lol, but I do laugh at myself sometimes, silly girl for letting go, I should have remained more focused. Well done on your losses so far :p, I'm really happy for you Daz.

Kay xx

Hi Daz :wavey:,

I've just noticed your stats on the side, so happy for your 12st 5lb :), I remember a time last year when I weighed lighter than you, but since my op and xmas getting in the way, I have gained a stone :( , now your a stone lighter than me :D, funny how things turn around. I know this is not a race lol, but I do laugh at myself sometimes, silly girl for letting go, I should have remained more focused. Well done on your losses so far :p, I'm really happy for you Daz.

Kay xx

Thanks Kay, its been a bit of a slog since moving into the flat last November, not from eating wrong foods but i think the portions have just been to much. As of this morning i was 171.8 lb so 12 st 4, which is where i had managed to get to before moving into here. Fingers crossed that i have found the reason for the stall and can now move on with it.

You will sort it, health really is not a helper of weight loss. xx

Ahhh, the outside world, what is it like out there now? (we have blazing sun here at the moment, i may just get a chance to wobble up the street for 20 mins later)
In fact i should probably go now, before the flooding weather returns. Sad state of affairs down here right now, but luckily im about 15 miles away from the troubles.

Oh no, sorry to hear its so bad where you are Daz. I'm up north so its not too bad here atm, apart from lots of big puddles!

Well done on the weight loss and enjoy your cooking tomorrow. I'll be joining you as I'm making beef mince and baked bean hot pot from the SW site. I'm a crap cook though but fingers crossed!

Well that was a good day. The tomato soup was good, will happily make that again. I cooked most of the dinner yesterday, saved the hassle of time constraints today. Pork was lovely, caught it perfectly from the oven for temperature. I cook by the probe so catching it at 68 degrees was bang on perfect. Nearly ate too much of it while i carved it up though, it was so nice. Had to get it wrapped in foil and put out of harms way in the fridge.

Apple crumble, with cream. O>>>M>>>G. Forgot how awesome a "non slimming friendly" dessert can be. And there is some left. Shall have to eat it all, cannot waste food, but will adjust accordingly, really do not want to undo what i have started with the losses since Friday.

And for tea i had a rustic omelette. "A what?" I hear you say. Basically a filling that is too much for 2 eggs to cope with, ends up a cross between an omelette and scrambled eggs. Chopped ham, chopped mushrooms, thrown onto the "omelette" as its setting in the pan, and some lite cheese slices thrown on top. Stir it all about a bit, knocks the omelette factor off, but oh so nice. mmmmm. And very good for a quick snack.

Think i may have a lb or 2 on in the morning though, my portion control went out the window today. Oh well, I have until Friday to work it all off again.

Hi Daz food sounds lovely, it's no wonder the portion control went out the window, if that was me there would be no leftovers for the fridge :D . That omelette sounds gorgeous must give that a try, dessert sounded lush too. Looks like you had a lovely foodie weekend :).

Kay xx

Hi Daz food sounds lovely, it's no wonder the portion control went out the window, if that was me there would be no leftovers for the fridge :D . That omelette sounds gorgeous must give that a try, dessert sounded lush too. Looks like you had a lovely foodie weekend :).

Kay xx

Omelettes are so versatile, and i have a backlog of eggs to get used up. Seriously need to stop buying them by the lorry load. haha. And so quick and easy to do. I really should eat more of them. I know that cheese could be an issue but i really do think that if the portion control is kept right then the foods shouldn't be an issue, within reason. Only time will tell.

Friday i ate small portions, but had an extra feed, so probably the same amount of food, if not more, spread over an extra meal. Saturday morning i was a 1 lb down. I am on an experimental week now, shall see what the results will bring.

Omelettes are so versatile, and i have a backlog of eggs to get used up. Seriously need to stop buying them by the lorry load. haha. And so quick and easy to do. I really should eat more of them. I know that cheese could be an issue but i really do think that if the portion control is kept right then the foods shouldn't be an issue, within reason. Only time will tell.

Friday i ate small portions, but had an extra feed, so probably the same amount of food, if not more, spread over an extra meal. Saturday morning i was a 1 lb down. I am on an experimental week now, shall see what the results will bring.

I will pop back to see how you get on, on your experimental week. I am also in a dilemma this week but will wait until weigh in on Tuesday and see what my results bring, if it's not great then thinking of changing tactics a bit. I like what you said about my portion pots earlier, could have just used the fist of my hand for measurement instead, it's all your fault Daz, why didn't you tell me earlier ?, you could have saved me 10 quid ! :D hehe just kidding.

Kay xx

I will pop back to see how you get on, on your experimental week. I am also in a dilemma this week but will wait until weigh in on Tuesday and see what my results bring, if it's not great then thinking of changing tactics a bit. I like what you said about my portion pots earlier, could have just used the fist of my hand for measurement instead, it's all your fault Daz, why didn't you tell me earlier ?, you could have saved me 10 quid ! :D hehe just kidding.

Kay xx

Haha, love getting the blame, especially when it is not my fault. Lol. i just despise the money making machine that is weight loss. I just used what I have here. Side plate will be replacing the dinner plate for this week, and below is the difference in what I now have for breakfast. Its far to easy to just fill the bowl rather than weigh it out, so i used the small glass dish, weighed a portion into it, and now i have a visual for what a portion of cereal is when i use the glass dish each morning. And i then do what they say in various places, if its not enough, have some fruit, either with it, or either side of it.

View attachment 124143

Alreet Daz :D I'm back from visiting Mrstore had a cracking weekend - but now need to wire my jaw shut as Ive over eaten by loads oops. So much so my tummy hurts ouch.

Your food sounds brill this weekend and nom nom to apple crumble it would be a "syn" to waste it hehe.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good week for you :)

Alreet Daz :D I'm back from visiting Mrstore had a cracking weekend - but now need to wire my jaw shut as Ive over eaten by loads oops. So much so my tummy hurts ouch.

Your food sounds brill this weekend and nom nom to apple crumble it would be a "syn" to waste it hehe.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for a good week for you :)

I was thinking you were about to say your jaw needs wiring because you cant stop chatting. :rotflmao:

Glad you had fun, knew you was back when i suddenly see the like meter running away with itself, haha.

It has been a good day, food and company wise. Just what i needed i think. AND, i have been told that i am taking someone out for a meal soon. (dont get excited, a long long time ago ex from about 20 years ago, lol). Its nice to feel as though there are people in my life again. Including you lot here, but i am not admitting that in public. :D

I was thinking you were about to say your jaw needs wiring because you cant stop chatting. :rotflmao:

Glad you had fun, knew you was back when i suddenly see the like meter running away with itself, haha.

It has been a good day, food and company wise. Just what i needed i think. AND, i have been told that i am taking someone out for a meal soon. (dont get excited, a long long time ago ex from about 20 years ago, lol). Its nice to feel as though there are people in my life again. Including you lot here, but i am not admitting that in public. :D

Pmsllll I think you just admitted it in public even though you think no one is reading your thread lol.

Ooooo well I know how much you enjoy being "told" what to do so you will enjoy your meal and the company im sure.

Haha @ the like metre running away. I can be quiet when I want to be lol although I do like a blether

Back