DD's Atkins diary

dizzydawnie

Silver Member
Day 1 Mon 6/2/12

B - scrambled eggs with dash cream and pinch grated cheese, 2 rashers bacon, fried mushrooms

L - chicken with 30g rocket, 100g cucumber and splash Heinz Mayo

T - roasted lamb breast with courgettes and mushrooms fried in butter and garlic

Snacks - 2 x Babybel, zero coke, 2 x coffee (1 black, 1 with dash cream)

Carbs today (MFP) - 14g

Will be back tomorrow with hopefully a bit more of "me"......still at work and sneaking this on before anyone catches me!! :)

x

Morning Dawn, and welcome to our threads. Good Luck

Thank you both!

Day 2 - Tuesday 7 Feb

B - kippers in butter

L - Lovely little concoction of chopped chicken, chopped spring onions, mushrooms, garlic and lardons, and a splash of cream, served on a bed of spinach.

T - spatchcock poussin with sliced courgette fried in garlic.

S - 2 x babybel, 2 x cheesestrings, SF jelly and Anchor cream

I have drank lots of fluids because I have a dreadful cold so I've had lots of hot Robinsons juice with no added sugar, I've counted 2 carbs for this.

Total carbs = 12

thank you!

It was delish and whats best is there is a tupperware with some for lunch tomorrow in the fridge!! :D

x

Morning Dawnie, one of the things I liked about Atkins was that you can be inventive with food. :)

12G carbs is not enough, I'd like to see more green leaf veggies in there love.

thanks Jim, I'll try!! :D

Day 3 - Wednesday

I really should have stopped to get more Mushrooms on the way home tonight but I felt that yakky I just wanted to get home and cuddle with my little pooch and drink copious amounts of hot juice in between sneezing and sniffing!! :eek: Won't affect tonights diary, but will affect tomorrows if I defo don't do it tomorrow!

B - 3 rashers bacon (I did 2 fried eggs too but they stuck, the white wouldn't cook and they went in the bin!!) :(

L - my left over Chicken from yesterday - just as scrumptious! with 100g wilted spinach

T - gammon steak with 2 fried eggs (fingers crossed) and 100g mushrooms fried in butter and garlic.

S - 2 x babybel, 2 x Kerry cheesestrings, 60g avocado (to die for!) 2 x black coffee, 1 x coffee with cream, NAS squash

total carbs for day - 16
x

Last edited:
Morning Dawn, never heard any one having problems with frying eggs :D

Haha Jim.....believe me I am useless in the kitchen!! God only knows it wasn't home eating that got me this size! :(

My hubbie does all the cooking other than the occasional Sunday lunch but now I am getting stuck in trying random chuck ins for my new Atkins life style!!
:D

Thursday - Day 4

Not feeling too good today so altho I had the intention tonight I really couldn't be bothered!

B - bacon and scrambled eggs with a dash of cream and a pinch of cheese

L - minced beef cooked with mushrooms and spring onions, a sprinkle of chilli flakes and a touch of garlic. Then a sprinkle of grated cheese on top

T - cooked breast of lamb but didn't fancy it so just had SF jelly and a splurt of aerosol cream

S - 2 x cheesestrings and now a big hot toddie with honey (the 5g is necessary) to see if I can sleep better with this cold!

Total carbs 12g

Night all, taking my hot toddie off to beddie byes x

Hi doing good but you def need more greens - broccoli, kale, cabbage n leek stir fried with butter & garlic etc xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi DD found your diary!

Morning Dawn, sounds like us, I do most of the cooking, did before I retired as well, Colleen can cook, but let's me get on with it. I let her do the Sunday roasts and stuff though.

and yes...... say after me "More Greens"

Hope you're feeling better soon. Keep warm... X

Hello everyone :)

Just home from work an hour, hubbie had my lamb on the go for me, but I've not had a good day for carbs. :cry:

B - 3 rashers Walls bacon, 2 eggs fried in butter (god loves a tryer :D )

L - another lovely portion of my minced beef mix with grated cheese

T - 2 griddled lamb leg steaks with spinach

S - 4 x black coffee, 1 coffee with cream, the dregs of a bottle of red wine (and I mean the dregs......no more than 75ml in my glass :eek: ) and 2 cheesestrings, 1/2 avocado

Carbs for day = 10

I know its not enough but there hasn't been enough hours in the day to eat....and now it is too late!

Saturday 11 Feb

Working til MN so posting early.

B - kippers......but not as nice as earlier in the week, far too many bones! May try the mackerel fillets next time assuming permitted.

L - chicken breast stuffed with 1 x babybel and wrapped in bacon, with cougette, SF jelly and a squirt of anchor cream

T - diced chicken cooked with mushrooms and cream, 120g cooked broccoli.

S - 1/2 med avocado, 2 x babybel. 2 x coffee with cream, 4 x black coffee, NAS hot squash

Total carbs =18g

Well 6lbs off in the first 6 days makes me a very happy bunny!!

Weigh in day changed to Sunday as it just seems right! lol!

Day 7 - Sunday

B - very late breakfast because altho I couldn't sleep and was up early I took the pooch for a good long walk and then went and did my shopping so just had some mackerel fillets at 1.30pm! (c=0)

L - will have a snack later - king prawns (c0.3) with 1/2 med avocado (c1.8)- the prawns are in a chilli and coriander base, mixed with 1tbsp Mayo
(c=2.1)

T - Roast pork with broccoli and cauliflower - based on 200g raw boiled, on the pack info c=5
S - 3 x coffee with double cream (splash only),

total carbs - to be completed later

Last edited:
Back