DD's Atkins diary

They were delish, coffeelover!

they were from Tesco in the chiller section, packaged in a chilli and not sure garlic or coriander sauce :rolleyes: and I must be honest I just very quicky flash fry them (don't ask my why I don't know!! :D ) and then took them in a tupperware with my avocado slices for lunch and it was delish!

x

Sunday 19 Feb

Weigh in this morning and I have lost a further 2.5lbs so I am very pleased! Aiming to work hard for another loss this week - we are going for a meal on Tuesday and I have to say that it makes my choices so much easier being on Atkins than any other programme! I can be confident I won't deviate - altho I may have a nice glass of red seeing as Hubbie is driving!

Brunch - Bacon, mushroom (2.4g) and scrambled egg

T - roast lamb with broccoli and cauli

Snacks - coffee with cream x 2 (1g)

back later to complete!!

Thank you both!! :D

It is madness to eat this way and lose weight!! :eek:

I hope I am beginning to get my head round it a bit more, and getting a bit more imaginative!

The one thing Atkins has done tho is bring out a very deep rooted dislike of Fish......excepting all shell fish wierdly. I have tried to be really good and get a mix of it in my menu, but I was supposed to have Salmon fillets on Thursday for tea and spent all day getting really stressed about it. The dog had them yesterday and pushed her bowl around the floor to get the last bit of flavour!! But i have had mackerel fillets for breakfast and kippers, and when I looked at them in the fridge earlier I was nearly sick! :eek:

So gonna have to give it a knock on the head - I can eat salmon from a tin no problems! And I could eat fish from the chippy (who can't!!l lol!) it is the raw and undressed version that I can't get out of mind so even when it is cooked I can't touch it.

Wouldn't worry about it hun, there's plenty of other yummy stuff to have.

I'm allergic to all shellfish and most fish, and have canned tuna (with lettuce and mayo mmm) once a week to keep up my omega 3 oils :)

You're doing SO well Dawn... Well done in the loss and I love your menus!! Xx

Morning Dawn :)

Susie, I take and omega 3 fish oil capsule every day.

Well done on your loss DD and menus look good:D

Thank you all but I am a sinner :break_diet:

I drank copious wine and ate an entire bag of revels FAMILY size last night :eek::eek: :cry:

No reason except gluttony :mad:

Today I am clean and cleaner and back into the Atkins way of eating - I really am ashamed of myself!

Wednesday 22/2

Breakfast - going to be as late as I can hold out as working to midnight so will want to eat tea time and then something light about 9 to stop the pangs! But it will be bacon, eggs and 100g mushrooms fried in butter (2.4g)

Late lunch - king prawns fried in a touch of butter with chilli flakes and garlic with avocado slices (3.6g)

Supper - chicken fillet with babybel and bacon, sliced up into salad leaves (0.6g) with boiled egg and mayo

Snacks - lots of water today, no coffee, just had a boiled water on getting up and a few more before I go to work then bottled water til I finish! pepperami slices (0.2g)

Total carbs = 6.8g

Last edited:
Oh dear DD - watch for cravings caused by the insulin spike - take plenty of legal snacks to help manage them and lots of water:)

The evil alcohol!

The funny thing was I ate them as quickly as i could because I really wasn't enjoying them!! :rolleyes:

Booze and chocolate on my list of lent no-nos and I will adhere to that religiously! (pardon the pun!!)

Onwards and downwards! :D

Thursday 23/2

Breakfast - Bacon, eggs and mushrooms (2.4g)

Lunch - bought egg salad from the shop at work - didnt eat any tomatoes, carrots, just the egg and lettuce leaves and coleslaw so will say (6.5g)

Tea - 2 x minced beef burgers with cheese and garlic butter with cauliflower (4.2g)

Snacks - chicken pieces with lettuce leaves! Boiled egg and Mayo - in other words a little salad!!(0.6g)

Total carbs for the day = 13.7g
x

Last edited:
Friday 24/2

I am soooo tired it would have been very easy to turn to choccie for comfort but I kept my resolve!! :D

Breakfast - didn't have time to cook so had some boiled ham and cubed up Edam (2g)

Lunch - cheese omelette from work with a little bit of side salad, I ate 2 slices of tomato (cos I miss them :D ) and all the green stuff so will account 4g for that but I think that is being generous.

Tea - 200g (3.4g) broccoli as a bed for chicken cooked with lardons and mushrooms (2.4g) finished with a touch of cream (1g) and a little flavour of garlic and chilli..........was delish!!

Snacks - 2 babybel, black coffee and water / NAS (2g)

Total carbs for the day = 14.8gbut probably less! No jelly made so I can't be tempted! :D

Monday 27/2

1.5lbs on last week :break_diet: but hardly to be expected as I documented on my bag of revels and wine.....but today is another day and I am fully focussed on getting thru this week as I am reasonably organised!! I also failed to complete my diary for 2 days and that doesn't help, I think it really helps to keep you on track, so here we go!! Back later when I get in from work to update.

B - 2 x scrambled eggs with grated cheese with bacon

L - roast pork with 30g rocket (0.6g) and 1 cup cucumber (2.0g) boiled egg and mayo

T - left over roast pork and cauli and broccoli from tea last night :rolleyes: (3g)

Snack - small avocado (1.6g) with prawns in chilli and coriander (0.5g) NAS x 3 mugs (1g), black coffee x 3, water +

Total carbs for day = 8.9g

Last edited:
Morning Dawn, how'a things love?

Back