de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Okay, I need to get my priorities straight. I am concentrating on my bathroom whilst I am busy tripping over things in the living room! D'oh!:rolleyes:

Woohoo - ebay has a free insertion weekend and for once we are not away/busy. Time to attack all those "ebay someday" boxes - the 99p s add up:D

Woohoo - ebay has a free insertion weekend and for once we are not away/busy. Time to attack all those "ebay someday" boxes - the 99p s add up:D

They really do! You go, girl!

hhmmm, have a few things could list on there myself !!

Moving some furniture around today upstairs which will involve a bit of a sort out and hopefully make things a bit better-but first BREAKFAST !!!!!!!

Today, I am going to steam the wallpaper off the entrance area by the front door. Then tomorrow, I'll paint the ceiling and wall in that area -- it looks so bad.

The whole hall needs a redec, but I think the owner should pay to have it done. I pay for that sort of thing on my house in the States. However, for the time being I'll fix the worst of it.

Then, it is help DD with her homework.

Oh mel I just did the hall and it was a pig of a job - that said the owner needs to paper it again - I am renting too.

I am just about to go to ikea to get some CD storage, just sold some stuff on ebay, but will sell more this weekend!

I am also going to cover the chairs in the kitchen in preparation for christmas festivities.

Got monday off and hubby is only away until tomorrow...

Off to see how much I can get done - I should really do the study!

Oh mel I just did the hall and it was a pig of a job - that said the owner needs to paper it again - I am renting too.

I am just about to go to ikea to get some CD storage, just sold some stuff on ebay, but will sell more this weekend!

I am also going to cover the chairs in the kitchen in preparation for christmas festivities.

Got monday off and hubby is only away until tomorrow...

Off to see how much I can get done - I should really do the study!

What are you doing to the chairs?

Good luck on getting loads done... I really need a swift kick up the backside. ;)

Oh god Mel, well the baby has been poorly so yesterday I got stuff done, but it was swiftly un-done.

My husbands flight gets in at 2pm and I really wanted to get the house all spruced up and clean the car (which is a festering pit filled with quavers and spilled milk) AND get glammed up to meet him at the airport, we are on T minus 5 hours, will I? Wont I?

Hahah...the lounge isnt too bad even though alara decided to pop a sqauat behind the chair this morning, the play room she just threw a box of duplo on the floor, the hall, well because of the wallpaper stripping the plaster is flaking off on the carpet which has been cleaned :)

The kitchen - dont even get me started and the bathroom, well at least it's tiny so I can do that while in the shower.

Maybe I will make a list in order of importance.

*Change bed linnen, hoover bedroom and put away laundry
*Tidy and hoover hall
*pop out to get some food shopping
*whip around the bathroom while getting a shower
*blow my hair and put my rollers in
*Clean the kitchen
*Get dressed
*clean the car at an arc place on the way

I will let you know how that goes ;)

Oh god Mel, well the baby has been poorly so yesterday I got stuff done, but it was swiftly un-done.

My husbands flight gets in at 2pm and I really wanted to get the house all spruced up and clean the car (which is a festering pit filled with quavers and spilled milk) AND get glammed up to meet him at the airport, we are on T minus 5 hours, will I? Wont I?

Hahah...the lounge isnt too bad even though alara decided to pop a sqauat behind the chair this morning, the play room she just threw a box of duplo on the floor, the hall, well because of the wallpaper stripping the plaster is flaking off on the carpet which has been cleaned :)

The kitchen - dont even get me started and the bathroom, well at least it's tiny so I can do that while in the shower.

*Change bed linnen, hoover bedroom and put away laundry
*Tidy and hoover hall
*pop out to get some food shopping
*whip around the bathroom while getting a shower
*blow my hair and put my rollers in
*Clean the kitchen
*Get dressed
*clean the car at an arc place on the way

I will let you know how that goes ;)

OMG -- sooo much. I hope you survived.

Exhausted.gif

Oh Bettie, I hope you made it !!

My day has been crazy but very productive, it wasnt on the list but ended up sorting out the walk in cupboard in our room. Lots of stuff store in there ready to list on ebay, Sorted it all into lots and have taken some photo's-more to do. The result is that our room looks worse than it did BUT there is some logic to it !! Also found and chucked out the european coathanger mountain !!!

Well a bunch of stuff posted on ebay - now just hope some of it sells or will have been a waste of sparkle time!

*Change bed linnen, hoover bedroom and put away laundry CHECK!
*Tidy and hoover hall CHECK!
*pop out to get some food shopping CHECK!
*whip around the bathroom while getting a shower CHECK!
*blow my hair and put my rollers in CHECK!
*Clean the kitchen - Not so much, well half
*Get dressed - Check!
*clean the car at an arc place on the way - failed ;)

It was a manic run, and he was that tired the only thing he noticed was me! He also commented on the fact that I looked "georgous" hahaha a week away with his parents and he is like a new man...I hope it lasts a bit longer before he is yelling at me about his lack of socks :sigh:

Well at least he noticed you !!!

Not much going on here,planned to do the downstairs cleaning today but heart not in it so abandoned it in favour of a bit of christmas shopping- ithink that could come under the banner of being organised !!

Oh if only - I am too skint for any of that - waiting to throw my expenses in at the end of the month and then that should pay for one or two things.

Actually I am being a thrift meister this year - aside from the children, I am going for £10 a head and possibly making some of my gifts. I am so sick of over spending at christmas and spending January in the poor house living off lentils.

Maybe I will start a new thread on it somewhere. I think I used to go big because it fulfilled some odd need in me to see people happy. Now I wonder, who likes to see me happy....

Incidentally I got some lovely lace table cloths and napkins from Turkey from my hubby and some delicious smelling perfume by estee' lauder, oh and a variety of knitted socks, fresh olives (picked from his mum's olive grove) and a load of of fobidden sweets, which I am avoiding like the plauge since I am SS+ until the end of the month at least.

I just got my roof space cleared to get my insualtion done and there is now brick dust and crap all over the house so, since I am off work, I guess it's for me to go and clean AGAIN...Gahhh I so need a cleaner

Nice result there Bettie. Lovely to be noticed :)

Operation guest arrival started. Guest bedroom tidied. Only dusting and bed to make.

Kitchen floor washed .. after work I might add. Never before heard of. Major hot spot in the kitchen extinguished.

Tomorrow morning, shake and vac the sofa. Wash comforter. Change my bed.

On a plus point mount washmore is up to date.

Keep your pecker up ladies. x

Ohh Clara

Kudos to you for mt washmore, mine is currently a hill but my house looks like wishywashy's laundry with washing hanging off nearly all my radiators!

Hi ladies,

I have been very lax and my good friend popped in today and said, "You could be on Hoarders!" If she didn't already have a brain tumour I'd have punched her in the nose! However, it is not quite that bad -- and I needed a good slap upside the head.

I took some bags of donations to the thrift store, tossed the glass recycling and ink cartridges, picked up the parcels at the base post office and I tried to hand over Scout stuff to the Boy Scout troop but their meeting must have been cancelled. I am going to FB a friend to see if I can pass it to her tomorrow.

Tonight I will prep Christmas parcels for posting -- it needs to be done asap. And, I will work on Mt Washmore, too.

Mel

Back