de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

I think it is one of those weeks...chaos at home since my beloved has returned, last night he was moving the lounge furniture around trying to maximise the heat output from the radiator FFS!!!

Tonight I am feeling rough as a bear's bum, so may just put some laundry away and load the dishwasher and collapse - it's only fair!

Evening --

A load in the dryer, a load ready to fold, to loads to put away -- and a full airing cupboard to fluff and fold.

A British parcel posted. American parcels reposted (the post office screwed up) -- then three more parcels posted (two with Advent Calendars in them).

A bag of stuff passed to a friend.

The box of Boy Scout stuff handed over to a volunteer (the one that I have been carting around in my car for months)!

A birthday gift given.

Lunch out for the birthday with three ladies! Fun! Did okay on the meal for 810... but did have dessert. ;(

Haircut appt booked in person and patch test for tinting done.
Time for the gymnastics run, then home to get some housework done and more stuff ready to mail. Shopping lists made, etc.

Has anyone else realised their parents can't let go of anything either? Must be genetic lol.

I have wondered that... but then when I was in teacher training they used to say that "Modelling is the most effective way of teaching." My father has certainly set a bad example for us... but I have sisters that rebel and do the other extreme. They constantly purge!

Happy Friday All!

Well, I was up at o'dark thirty because DD came from school yesterday with a note that said her form was selling cakes today for Children in Need. I had to do the gymnastics run, then head to the grocery store to get milk, eggs and butter.

I made oatmeal butterscotchies instead of Reeses' Peanutbutter cup cookies, because I find those irresitable. The Oatmeal butterscotchies are amazing when warm from the oven, but I can resist them once they've cooled.

What is really funny... is that when I complained to DH about the short notice on the bakes goods... he said, "Oh, I forgot. There is a Thanksgiving thing tomorrow at lunchtime... can you make some for me to take, too!" MEN!

I still have the baking sheets to wash, but most of the mess is cleaned up and cookies were sent out. There are some here for the kids, but as I said... if they aren't right out of the oven... I can resist.

All clothes washing done, I still have folding and need to put away... a(nd let's not even discuss ironing), but, I think I will strip the beds and do the linens next. I have a lot of other stuff I should be doing, but I'll continue by doing the beds after I have my lunch.

One liter of water in! :)
Some laundry done.:)
Cookies baked for both DD and DH!:):)
Food good so far! :)

... to be continued. lol

Has anyone else realised their parents can't let go of anything either? Must be genetic lol.

I think that's training from the 'make do and mend' days when goods were hard to come by, and the austerity days after the war!! I've certainly inherited any genes coming from that, though :eek:

At the moment I've got the greatest incentive to declutter as there's a new charity shop in town wanting goods, and because I don't drive the owner has kindly said she'll come and collect*. I fixed a day next week as a deadline so just now I'm head down (most of the time) feverishly sorting stuff I've brought into this house over the past thirty years and which should have left long since.... :happy036:

* I haven't told her she might need a removal van.....

No hijacking .. we all just dive in and hope for the best.

Operation house guest went well. House looked fine. Now however it is slightly wrecked again. It is soo easy to do lol Full of cold so cuddled up on the sofa, but most of the dishses have been done. Fly lady ... little at a time.

Keep spreading the sparkle ladies x

Definately need to bring back some of the sparkle-unfortunately I am going to have my nails done, still I suppose it just measn that I'm starting with me !!!

Definately need to bring back some of the sparkle-unfortunately I am going to have my nails done, still I suppose it just measn that I'm starting with me !!!

You are supposed to take care of yourself as well as your family and home. So, this is a good thing. :) I had a haircut and beauty treatment (brows shaped and tinted). Must have been the day for it. lol

Working on Mt Washmore a wee bit. Dishes done, dinner was leftovers, and I should make a list for tomorrow's shopping trip.

I did 9 drawers yesterday -- so, all of the kitchen ones are done.

ATM I need to clear the paper clutter from the kitchen table and a path through the diningroom sort boxes (moved from the office) in order to rotate my dishes and do an inventory. I am going to Stoke to shop the sale tomorrow and I need to update my replacement list, and "want list". I will also be Christmas shopping for my Stateside friends.

Then on Monday, I am going to move on and do the hall to include the table with drawers and cabinent (I've done the bench, hall tree and stoage box). The hall and stairs need a good cleaning and clearing, too.

Well I have started on my filing, which is second only in terms of avoidance of laundry. I also errected a new washing line, hubby cleaned the car and did the gardens front and back.

I also put together a new table and laid the worlds LARGEST rug in the kitchen to try and keep the darn thing warm (ceramic tiles with no under floor heating)

Attempted frugal christmas shopping, ended up in costco and didnt buy a thing!

Liked all the work you got done, sorry on the shopping not going well.

Mel

haha its ok mel, its the fact that I went with my beloved who is a pain in the butt :) He get's easiliy irritated, and he had an empty belly, so it was a recipie for disaster from start to finish.... I just cant deal with grumpy men, is there a way you can get them in order? I swear that's what made me gain most of my weight, dealing Mr High Needs, maybe I could file him away when he is like that, or bury him under mount washmore. I am going to check Fly Lady for a solution.

Do I got my nails done, quite pleased-took ages but was nice to be sat chilled out and chatting !!
The kitchen is really quite nad again but am planning to have a go at that tomorrow.
Need a plan of action for this comming week as really quite busy, starting with an xray on my knee-the queue could either be huge or miniscule, which will dictate what happens for the rest of monday !!

haha its ok mel, its the fact that I went with my beloved who is a pain in the butt :) He get's easiliy irritated, and he had an empty belly, so it was a recipie for disaster from start to finish.... I just cant deal with grumpy men, is there a way you can get them in order? I swear that's what made me gain most of my weight, dealing Mr High Needs, maybe I could file him away when he is like that, or bury him under mount washmore. I am going to check Fly Lady for a solution.

I would be unlikely to have an issue with my DH as he depises shopping. My son is much the same. Does Mr HighNeeds help at all around the house? My DH does very little, but then I bi longer work outside of the home (not that he did much when I did).

Do I got my nails done, quite pleased-took ages but was nice to be sat chilled out and chatting !!

Post a pic -- did you get gel extensions?

The kitchen is really quite nad again but am planning to have a go at that tomorrow.

Housework is like a hamster wheel: you just keep running and running and really get no where.

Need a plan of action for this comming week as really quite busy, starting with an xray on my knee-the queue could either be huge or miniscule, which will dictate what happens for the rest of monday !!

I hope the queue goes quickly and your knee gets sorted asap (and painlessly).

Happy Sunday,I do not expect to get much done at home today, as I am out for a dayf shopping with the ladies.

Mel

Morning Mel

Mr High needs, does not do all that much appart from make a mess. To be fair he does the yard work, cleans the car within an inch of it;s life and will fix things that break. But he see's it as firmly my work to scurry around after him with a dust pan and brush, laundry basket and a bin. Infuriating to say the least.

My eldest daughter is also useless and cant even be bothered to make her own bed. I have quarantined her room now. I dont go in there and if she has no clothes for work then that's her folly.

WELL...It's sunday morning and I am up with the lark but thoroughly object to doing any housework at this time in the morning.

So maybe I will do some internet shopping instead!

My DS isn't very good about housework either, but he is improving. However, with nearly 8 years between the two kids -- I learned my lessons and DD does keep her room tidy and help out when asked. I need to have her doing more, but like DS she has so much schoolwork, sports things, is in school all day, that it does not seem fair to them. *sigh*

My hubby will do anything around the house that I ask him too but sometimes I wish he would notice rather than being told IYKWIM !! Kids ? well they can go both ways,like to help when they are in the mood ( not often) but the rest of the time I firmly beleive thatthey think we have fairies that coe and do it for us. But I'm like you Mel, they do alot of extra activities both in and out of school so i find myself in that halfway house of wanting to teach them responsibilty and letting them just be kids !!

Anyway plans for today-as there are many !!
wash up and tidy kitchen
tidy and wipe over bathroom
Tidy lounge and set hubby loose with the vacuum

Lunch

Put away all clean clothes
Take an Avon order to a customer
do some tidying and sorting in our room
Do an inventory of christmas gifts purchased and list of what still needs getting
get everything ready for shcool/work this week and all clubs and activities

Dinner

wash up

CHILL OUT !!!

Phew!

Thats a heck of a list.

Totaly jealous that your husband is well trained enough to handle a hoover that is'nt atached to a jet wash, impressive!

My sunday will probably consist of legging it in a moment to go and get some fabric for the dining room chairs, then when I find it, it will be a starter for ten for the pain choice. It's got some bizzare terracotta coloured roller blinds which I am forboden to remove (they are actually not that bad and I have some vases which match the colour scheme quite well) so I may go for a moorish theme, within my scope that is, cant do anything with the tiles or the white cuboards, but I can accessorise!

Check out the typos in that hastily written post...sorry I would edit it for ease of reading but I am sure you know what I mean.

Went shopping in Stoke-on-Trent all day. Found some fab Christmas gifts (and added to my clutter with more dishes). I have unloaded and unwrapped my purchases and am washing them before finding space for them.

I will start to type up an inventory of my dishes -- as I rearrange my cupboards tomorrow to swap out my "kitchen dishes" for my Christmas ones. It is a little early (I usually do this the first week in December) -- but I was annoyed that I went to Stoke without an inventory or replacement list.

I will also try to get the bits to add the gifts I bought, so I can wrap them and pack them to post them on Tuesday. It'll be nice to get things sent out -- I need to do my on-line shopping, too. And, then there's the cards... *sigh* Did I mention Thanksgiving this week... I still have to shop for that...

Back