de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

I did a thorough clean of the bathroom while my other half did the kitchen and I rewarded him for his efforts by taking him to the pub (I drank soda water)

tomorrow I need to sort out some paperwork and bills - I would rather be cleaning the toilet and that is saying something!

My toilet needs a clean too! It really is the most unappealing task though. I think I might spend my 15 minutes on Wednesday in the bathroom.

I sent Mr Taz to the charity shop yesterday as my car was full (and I mean full, bags on the back seat, bigger stuff in the boot and another bag in the house to go). Car emptied, that's 2-3 car loads we've taken there since we started to clear out for the new bedroom but the place still looks like a junk shop! Although the bedroom is practically empty the lounge is still full of stuff that shouldn't be in here and we have a storage unit packed with stuff that all has to go back when the new bedroom is done. I am having a mild panic that it's not all going to fit back in even though we will have more storage than we've ever had! I'm hoping that when we sort the stuff back in we will be able to get rid of a few more things.

Keep going Taz FlyLady teaches us that we did not get buried under all our clutter overnight so we can not expect to clear it in one go.

What I have found is when you get somewhere clean and tidied it seems to magically stay that way. It's easier to keep something tidy rather than getting it tidied!

We both went to the gym today and my OH had a bath when we got home (unlike me he will not shower at the gym - don't ask!) and as I had the bathroom spotless he cleaned the bath afterwards. Unheard off!

My toilet needs a clean too! It really is the most unappealing task though. I think I might spend my 15 minutes on Wednesday in the bathroom.

I sent Mr Taz to the charity shop yesterday as my car was full (and I mean full, bags on the back seat, bigger stuff in the boot and another bag in the house to go). Car emptied, that's 2-3 car loads we've taken there since we started to clear out for the new bedroom but the place still looks like a junk shop! Although the bedroom is practically empty the lounge is still full of stuff that shouldn't be in here and we have a storage unit packed with stuff that all has to go back when the new bedroom is done. I am having a mild panic that it's not all going to fit back in even though we will have more storage than we've ever had! I'm hoping that when we sort the stuff back in we will be able to get rid of a few more things.

Put it back in order of importance -- and what doesn't fit (if anything) might not be worth keeping! Fab progress.

I started my bedroom curtains this week and have been putting it off for a year... just moved 18 mths ago and the next room is my bedroom to be decorated and wanted to make the curtains... My mind had to be in the right place like losing weight... Now the curtains are nearly done and its a weight off my mind - why did I procrastinate! Now I am working my way through a pile I books I wanted to read and when I read it I give it away, no need to sit gathering dust on my shelves. I have about 3 now to go and then it might be a trip to the library instead. Cant seem to shift the amount of wool I have for my crochet projects though.

Decluttering works in so many ways.

I started my bedroom curtains this week and have been putting it off for a year... just moved 18 mths ago and the next room is my bedroom to be decorated and wanted to make the curtains... My mind had to be in the right place like losing weight... Now the curtains are nearly done and its a weight off my mind - why did I procrastinate! Now I am working my way through a pile I books I wanted to read and when I read it I give it away, no need to sit gathering dust on my shelves. I have about 3 now to go and then it might be a trip to the library instead. Cant seem to shift the amount of wool I have for my crochet projects though.

Decluttering works in so many ways.

Go you!

Keep going Taz FlyLady teaches us that we did not get buried under all our clutter overnight so we can not expect to clear it in one go.

What I have found is when you get somewhere clean and tidied it seems to magically stay that way. It's easier to keep something tidy rather than getting it tidied!

We both went to the gym today and my OH had a bath when we got home (unlike me he will not shower at the gym - don't ask!) and as I had the bathroom spotless he cleaned the bath afterwards. Unheard off!
You are so right. I look at a cluttered room and it overwhelms me but when it's tidy and nice I get all anal when someone puts something where it shouldn't be! That's why my lounge makes me want to cry at the moment, it's been meticulously tidy for 2 years and now it looks crap. Nowhere near what it used to be like but I just don't like seeing it like that.

Put it back in order of importance -- and what doesn't fit (if anything) might not be worth keeping! Fab progress.
That's an excellent idea, I will do that. Thanks

This week I need to hit my house with determination again!

It should be the kitchen again this week right?

I need to get moving... I want to play hooky later today, all day tomorrow, Thursday afternoon... My ironing has been untouched since the one day I ironed last week.

Yes it is Zone 2 but if another area requires the focus then do that. When I first started I just decluttered every day until I could see the surfaces that needed cleaning! It then made a change not dusting the clutter and it was quicker ;)

Yes it is Zone 2 but if another area requires the focus then do that. When I first started I just decluttered every day until I could see the surfaces that needed cleaning! It then made a change not dusting the clutter and it was quicker ;)

Flight Plan for Monday, February 3, 2013

This Week we are in Zone 2 - The Kitchen

This Months Habit - Declutter 15 Minutes a Day

* Morning Routine:
-Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
- Make Bed
-Swish & Swipe
-Empty Dishwasher
-Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)
-Check Your Calendar
-Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?
* Drink Your Water
* Declutter for 15 Minutes
* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday

Clean your kitchen trash cans!! Take out the trash and wash those nasty gross cans out! You know what happens when that trash bag slips down and yet the rest of the family still tosses things in there! Use a rag and wipe down the sides and the bottom. Some of you may need to take the can outside and spray it out with the hose. If you have a lid, don't forget to clean the underside.

I guess I'd better get going on this... Yuck!

Last edited:
I have just found a site on Facebook for selling and swapping stuff... so now some more clutter can find itself flying its way out of the house and some cash in my pocket.. (as long as I dont buy too many bargains and bring it back in).

Flight Plan for Monday, February 3, 2013

This Week we are in Zone 2 - The Kitchen

This Months Habit - Declutter 15 Minutes a Day

* Morning Routine:
-Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
- Make Bed
-Swish & Swipe
-Empty Dishwasher
-Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)
-Check Your Calendar
-Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?
* Drink Your Water
* Declutter for 15 Minutes
* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday

Clean your kitchen trash cans!! Take out the trash and wash those nasty gross cans out! You know what happens when that trash bag slips down and yet the rest of the family still tosses things in there! Use a rag and wipe down the sides and the bottom. Some of you may need to take the can outside and spray it out with the hose. If you have a lid, don't forget to clean the underside.

I guess I'd better get going on this... Yuck!

All done except the bins (we don't keep a kitchen bin, yuck) or exercise, oh or decluttering.

Dishwasher done, dinner in slow cooker, dressed to shoes, been shopping & put it away, drinking away at my water etc.
I feel like I'm flying again :)

I do have clean laundry to hang up though but DS sleeping so will have to wait.

Laundry, dishes, out to shop with friend...

Got my 15 minutes done in the kitchen yesterday and moved a few things from the table which is todays 15 minutes. Hoping to make some progress on the table today in the 15 minutes I have reserved for that. I will have to do an extra 15 minutes one day as I will be out all day Thursday and won't be able to fit it in.

Kitchen bin was cleaned by OH this weekend so I have done a load of washing and just been to the gym. Only to do yoga but it counts!

Ahead of the plan! :D

Got my 15 minutes done in the kitchen yesterday and moved a few things from the table which is todays 15 minutes. Hoping to make some progress on the table today in the 15 minutes I have reserved for that. I will have to do an extra 15 minutes one day as I will be out all day Thursday and won't be able to fit it in.

It works!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Up. DH and DD out. Dog out, back & fed and out/back again! Dishwasher unloaded and reloaded. Coffee in cup. :D Beds stripped, laundry gathered, washer on, yesterday's laundry put away, ensuite quick clean --now on with the day! But, coffee, water, and fitness first!

Last edited:
Decided that I'm doing all ZONE 2 (KITCHEN) Missions today because it works for me.

Zone 2: Mission #1 Monday -- Clean your kitchen trash cans!!

Zone 2: Mission #2 Tuesday -- Scrub down your counter-tops and clean what's on the counters.

Zone 2: Mission #3 Wednesday -- OLD toothbrush and some soap and scrub those kitchen sink faucets!

Zone 2: Mission #4 Thursday -- Clean off the big appliances (not disassemble and clean) but exterior.

Zone 2: Mission #5 Friday -- Sweep your kitchen floor really well and then mop.

I'm all doing the usual: dishes, laundry, (I keep saying ironing but it doesn't get done ;) ), some errands, cooking, fitness, possibly crocheting... and I usually clean the downstairs loo on Tuesday and I have to remake the beds because I've stripped them to wash the sheets.

Big list today -- but I played hooky yesterday and am taking Friday off to shop.

Last edited:
15 vminute blitz in each room today.
Kitchen
bathroom
lounge
hall,stairs and back passage
our room
livs room
Noni's room

Back at 11.30 then !!!

Back