de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Saturday, March 9th!

Family Fun Day. Not this week! DD went to her ice skating lesson (transported by DH) and finished hemming her jeans and mine.

Then, I got "into" doing a little declutter, sort out -- starting back in a huge job -- and filled a bin liner with fabric to donate to a friend's daughter's fundraiser. I think I can fill another by Monday with old t-shirts and the like.

I was meant to dust and oil my bedroom furniture and the upstairs hallway, then vacuum -- not done. May not get done until Monday -- we'll see.

I did my now 'usual' swishty around the bathroom this morning. Quickly dusted the desk and window sill in the office now I can get to them. Hoovered downstairs under the sofas as I'd planned, changed my bed sheets and did two loads of laundry. The second of these is drying so I will finish ironing those this evening.
Tonight I have no sprog but feel really run down. Am going to file and paint nails ready for Mother's Day tomorrow (I'm taking my Mum out to lunch).
Just woken from a two hour nap. Maybe all this swishting about is more tiring than I thought. Or its watching cricket New Zealand time.....

Oh my life

Today I have done 2 things the garage! And shampooed the lounge carpet! The garage is amazing 2 trips to the tip. So clean in there!

Oh my life

Today I have done 2 things the garage! And shampooed the lounge carpet! The garage is amazing 2 trips to the tip. So clean in there!

I'm super impressed. DH and I were going to do a garage declutter run (make a start), but it didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow -- it needs a a minimum a few tip trips -- then a warmer weather, remove, clean, replace with careful review (keep, toss, recycle, sell...).

Last edited:
MinnieMel said:
I'm super impressed. DH and I were going to d a garage declutter run (make a start), but it didn't happen. Maybe tomorrow -- it needs a a minimum a few tip trips -- then a warmer weather, remove, clean, replace with careful review (keep, toss, recycle, sell...).

I have to say it was mostly my husband in mountain walking gear. I provided the direction moral support and hot tea :)

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mummies out there.

I've had a quick swish round the bathroom but that's it for me today.

Nice soak in the bath then off for some coffee and retail therapy, lunch with my Mum then I shall I take my boy swimming. I'm homeworking tomorrow too so I don't have to prepare food tonight for tomorrow either.

Have a lovely day all. x

Sunday, March 10, 2013. Renew your Spirit.

Plan for the Week: March 10 - 16, 2013

Zone 3: The Bathroom and One Extra Room (This week that other room will be the Laundry Room.)

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes

Zone 3: Mission #1 Monday

The bathroom: Clean around the backside and the sides of our toilets. The wipe down all the surfaces.

The Laundry Room: Today we are going to declutter all of the laundry supplies that we have hanging around. This means to
toss whatever you have that you do not use or do not like. This also means to toss all of those empty boxes and bottles that seem to pile up. Those soap boxes, dryer sheet boxes, fabric softener bottles, etc.

Zone 3: Mission #2 Tuesday

Have you noticed that your bathroom begins to smell bad and you can't find the stinky culprit. We are going after these yucky odors.

Take your rugs, all the fuzzy stuff on your toilet, and the towels that are just for show and we are going to wash them. While you are in the laundry room grab an old rag or washcloth and wipe down the lid of the washing machine and dryer. I am always shocked at the dust and stuff that seems to just accumulate here.

With the rugs in the washer: Sweep the bathroom floor and take a dirty towel and wet it and just mop the floor. When the rugs are finished put them back in your wonderful smelling bathroom!

Zone 3: Mission #3 Wednesday

When you go in your bathroom each morning do you have trouble seeing yourself in the mirror. Is your beautiful image blurred from the toothpaste splatters and water marks?

Grab your favorite window cleaner and let's bring a shine to the glass. This will only take a few short minutes and while you are at it, shine that sink too.

Your Laundry Room Mission is to clean out your lint filter and double check your vent hose. Lint build up in the filter and in the vent hose is a leading cause of house fires. Something so easy for us to check but something that we just don't remember to do. Also look underneath your dryer as well, lint has a tendency to fly around and then get caught up under the dryer.

Zone 3: Mission #4 Thursday

Your next mission is to clean out your bathtub. If you don't do it everyday, the bathtub ring takes on a life of its own. Let's wipe down our tubs and get rid of that ring. If you haven't done it in a while you may need to use a little cleanser. Most of the time a
little soap on a rag will take care of it.

Your Laundry Room mission for today is to empty the trash can that always seems to get forgotten! You will get bonus points if you remember to replace the bag once you take out the used one!

Zone 3: Mission #5 Friday

You have scrubbed, shined, swished, swiped and washed this week, now it is time to enjoy the fruits of your labor! Your mission for today is to take time out for you. Take a bath or shower and enjoy it! Take your time when washing your hair, scrubbing your body, shaving the forest off your legs and just enjoy the moment of being alone in your fresh, sparkly bathroom.

Your laundry room mission for today is to place a picture of your family or favorite pet or a picture of something that is special to you in your laundry room. This allows you to see something pleasant when you are blessing the laundry.

Last edited:
Swished bathroom and gave radiator a wipe down.
Then decluttered a shelf (Inc old pens) in the office and gave shelving a quick polish.

Today will also put stuff up in loft, hoover up, down and stairs, refill bunnies hay stores, dust and polish my bedroom.

Homeworking otherwise I just wouldn't have time.

Hope you're all having a clean, decluttertastic sort of a day. I'm getting ready now for a snowy walk to school.

Morning! Monday, March11, 2013.

I've read through this week's plan and want to "knock it out" and move on. Plus, tackle some more procrastinated stuff. I'll be back to update.

Morning! Monday, March11, 2013.

I've read through this week's plan and want to "knock it out" and move on. Plus, tackle some more procrastinated stuff. I'll be back to update.

I disassembled and cleaned a stand fan (very dusty). That's a procrastination item ticked off the list.

Updating: thoroughly cleaned laundry room, straightened shelves, cubbies, etc. tossed some stuff and put stuff in the donate bags. I could do more -- but I will add the laundry room to the one zone check list of monthly to dos. Downstairs loo cleaned and I am about to shower, wash and dry hair -- because DD has a busy afternoon.

You're doing better than me. Stuff not up in loft yet and bedroom still not dusted. Completed everything else though.
A major procrastination task for me will be putting the huge box of toys that currently resides in my bedroom on eBay. I hate eBay it just never works out for me as a seller. More hassle than it's worth. Hmm, maybe I'll just donate it all to charity instead and forego the miserable amount of profit I'd probably make on it.

Pinkie1973 said:
You're doing better than me. Stuff not up in loft yet and bedroom still not dusted. Completed everything else though.
A major procrastination task for me will be putting the huge box of toys that currently resides in my bedroom on eBay. I hate eBay it just never works out for me as a seller. More hassle than it's worth. Hmm, maybe I'll just donate it all to charity instead and forego the miserable amount of profit I'd probably make on it.

eBay!!! I sell stuff and end up put of pocket! I'm rubbish lol

Morning routine all done and ticked off, my sink is shining and I know what's for dinner.

Today I have some errands to run, some paperwork to sort out and 2 jars of pennies and other change to count up. If I have time later i also have a couple of boxes that I will sort thru.

Looks like we are finally getting our bathroom done in the next few weeks/months depending how soom we can get the funds together, I'm very excited and it has spurred me on to sort the rest of the house out !

Morning routine complete. Late start into office what with snow and being awake most the night. Still not dusted bedroom though.
Tonight I will clean out cupboard under the kitchen sink. This is the equivalent of my laundry room lol. Six years of gunk in there, plus I'm sure a few hairy spiders. Erk!

Same as. I'm settled on it now, it can go to charity.

I never eBay it seems like such a hassle for me. Instead I see donating as my contribution to charity. I don't like street collectors shaking a tin at me so I donate decent clothes & toys. For some of the not so good clothes I took them to cash place that sells them for rags.

mama-bear via phone

Morning! It was sunny BT it looks as if Mama-Bear sent the gray this way. Nope.. The sun is back! :)

I'll be back to update my accomplishments, later. So far - dishes unloaded, reloaded. Swish and swipe. Laundry in progress.

My bedroom didn't get dusted either -- but it's on today's plan! :D. Let's hope I do it.

I keep saying I should ebay, but I donate it to charity and see it as a part of my tithe.

eBay!!! I sell stuff and end up put of pocket! I'm rubbish lol

Good to know -- less tempted.

Morning routine all done and ticked off, my sink is shining and I know what's for dinner.

Today I have some errands to run, some paperwork to sort out and 2 jars of pennies and other change to count up. If I have time later i also have a couple of boxes that I will sort thru.

Looks like we are finally getting our bathroom done in the next few weeks/months depending how soom we can get the funds together, I'm very excited and it has spurred me on to sort the rest of the house out !

Yay -- you're flying again! I have errands and paperwork, too. Getting the bathroom redone sounds great. Fingers crossed.

Morning routine complete. Late start into office what with snow and being awake most the night. Still not dusted bedroom though.
Tonight I will clean out cupboard under the kitchen sink. This is the equivalent of my laundry room lol. Six years of gunk in there, plus I'm sure a few hairy spiders. Erk!

I'll clean under my ink, too -- today. And, I need to sort the ensuite and dust the bedroom.

Same as. I'm settled on it now, it can go to charity.

Me, too. As I said -- I see it as a part of my tithe. (Christian Charity)

I never eBay it seems like such a hassle for me. Instead I see donating as my contribution to charity. I don't like street collectors shaking a tin at me so I donate decent clothes & toys. For some of the not so good clothes I took them to cash place that sells them for rags.

mama-bear via phone

Great minds think a like.

Late start today... no rush all snowed in here... still in my dressing gown! Hubby dusted for me bless him! If I can drag myself off this I will go and make the bed... Oh I have put bread in the machine to make rolls and put the washing on... so thats a start!

Morning!

Dont you just love how spring makes you see how grimy and dusty your house is!

Upstairs all hoovered and dusted. Bathroom fixtures cleaned to a shine. Plants watered. Almost empty containers used as cleaning products. New mat down. Stairs cleaned. Office hoovered ( still needs some organising though) Downstairs all opened up ( the playroom and lounge have conjoined French doors.) Patio doors open and a cool breeze is coming through.

Having a shake and a break before 15 minute decluttering in the playroom. Mount washmore to tackle and the sofas to Hoover under.

Dinner planned just need to pick up mushrooms.

Wash in, one hung up, dishwasher on. Sink shined. Dressed to house shoes! I'm on a roll.

Back