de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

Not long in and just had tea. I don't think cleaning under the sink will be on tonight's agenda after all.
I will however take polish etc up with me and give my bedroom a quick going over in the morning.
Right now I have a stinky headache and just want to crash. Once I've shined the sink of course! ;-)

As predicted no cupboard clean last night. I did however make a start in the bedroom this morning after I'd swished the bathroom. I'll finish the other half off tomorrow am.

I think the cupboard clean/declutter will need to wait till my next half day homeworking on Friday.

I had an ingenious idea though for my sink/hob/hood shine though. Typically, I clean up any mess then polish with a little oil, then buff to a shine. Well I have some out of date aromatherapy oils (I love my oils), so thought I'd make a blend with them to polish with. My thinking being it will be shiny, smell beautiful and make me feel even better while doing it. I'll keep you posted. ;-)

Have a good day x

As predicted no cupboard clean last night. I did however make a start in the bedroom this morning after I'd swished the bathroom. I'll finish the other half off tomorrow am.

I think the cupboard clean/declutter will need to wait till my next half day homeworking on Friday.

I had an ingenious idea though for my sink/hob/hood shine though. Typically, I clean up any mess then polish with a little oil, then buff to a shine. Well I have some out of date aromatherapy oils (I love my oils), so thought I'd make a blend with them to polish with. My thinking being it will be shiny, smell beautiful and make me feel even better while doing it. I'll keep you posted. ;-)

Have a good day x

Very FLYLADY! She suggests using old shampoos, etc. to clean your loo.

I couldn't do that - they are too expensive to waste!!! lol

O, if it's stuff you bought and don't like, samples, hotel bottles, etc.

Bathroom swished, bedroom polished.
I think my next upstairs job might be a few minutes each day cleaning the banisters. They are white painted iron ones and are pretty grotty. I'll start on the top landing and do 10 mins each day till they're done. Will cheat and buy some cleaning wet wipes to do it with (if it's not convenient it won't happen).

Bathroom swished, bedroom polished.
I think my next upstairs job might be a few minutes each day cleaning the banisters. They are white painted iron ones and are pretty grotty. I'll start on the top landing and do 10 mins each day till they're done. Will cheat and buy some cleaning wet wipes to do it with (if it's not convenient it won't happen).

Great idea -- and you'll be chuffed when it's done. I did the same with my kitchen ceiling -- washed a section each day (until it was done) using cleaning wipes. (It really needs reprinting).

I use bathroom wipes all the time-so quick and easy !!

Yes I was going to use something like that. Though I was bought some cloths that are fantastic for catching dust and buffing surfaces to a shine. Will buy some more of those at the weekend; they can even go in the washer!

Am in bed now and just realised I didn't shine my sink. I guess one night won't hurt by any means, but I'm buggered if I'm getting cold again now!

Although I'm not flying at the moment due to health when I do fly (& I will get back to it) I use baby wipes for lots of things. They are great & are always in the house due to the kids. I bought some simple micro fibre clothes that I use for windows & mirrors. I've a duster thing on a handle which is great for quick dusting or high things. I love my steam mop & find it really cleans the floor. I've used it before then had to baby wipe spills from the kids & found the floor quite clean.
I have sort of followed the fly advice of not buying lots of gimmicks. I've always had my supplies before flying except for the steam mop & micro cloths. I still buy bleach/toilet duck but don't buy all the cleaning sprays anymore. It actually doesn't take 20 different products to clean your house. As I think flylady says, soap is soap.

Sent from my new ARCHOS tablet :)

Well I started the bannisters yesterday; as they're fairly intricate and closely spaced this will not be a quick job. I think some bleach cleaning spray might expedite matters, so I've moved a bottle of that upstairs. This will sound a bit OCD, but I have to do all these morning jobs before I go downstairs. Otherwise they won't happen. Lol. Anyhoo.... I'm all set up for tomorrow now.

Now I've just woken up and got water from downstairs. Whilst down there, I'd realised I hadn't shone the sink etc before I went to bed. In fairness my nephews are over to stay which had thrown/exhausted me somewhat. So I ended up emptying the now completed dishwasher and had a good shine- sink, hob, hood, shiny electricals, even a quick go round the dust trap parts of the cupboard doors. All very satisfying if not bordering on obsessive.

Whilst doing so I wondered, how many calories must you burn when doing all this polishing/buffing up. OK it's only a few minutes each day, but it must add up.....

Omg!

I've been caught out by CHAOS!

I'm so appalled. My husband informed me that his friend was coming for lunch today. No housework for days due to his ongoing I'll health. Certainly no flying. Toddler goop all over the sofa. I clean it off and do the floor while I'm there and tackle the kitchen which was like a Bonaire today ( full of laundry) anyway I think I have an hour. But he arrives early, then sits on the wet couch. No lunch prepared. Bathroom shelf falls down ( it's a sucker one) and I forget to refresh the loo roll before he needed to use the bathroom for a long stay!

God. Just shows one day with your eye off the ball. All hell breaks loose!

Omg!

I've been caught out by CHAOS!

I'm so appalled. My husband informed me that his friend was coming for lunch today. No housework for days due to his ongoing I'll health. Certainly no flying. Toddler goop all over the sofa. I clean it off and do the floor while I'm there and tackle the kitchen which was like a Bonaire today ( full of laundry) anyway I think I have an hour. But he arrives early, then sits on the wet couch. No lunch prepared. Bathroom shelf falls down ( it's a sucker one) and I forget to refresh the loo roll before he needed to use the bathroom for a long stay!

God. Just shows one day with your eye off the ball. All hell breaks loose!

Your husband should have picked up the slack.

I had a trend that has a lovely embroider sign in her front hall that read:

If you're here to see me... welcome!
If you're hear to the house: please call for an appointment!

I have a country craft sign in my kitchen that reads:

My house was clean yesterday. Sorry you missed it!

I'm at work, my long weekend. So I've not been home, I hate all the catching up. So I get the husband inviting friend thing. Tbh I don't think men see it. Or they choose not to or they may have to get the cleaning stuff out !

Do you know, since being off work. I have actually for once been quite proud of my efforts! But this threw me. I have been flying or at least attempting to. But the last day or two has been hectic with him being at home off work and the magical toddler who finds mischief to create in the blink of an eye!

So hubby inviting this person over, telling me they won't eat ( I got snacks and cake etc anyway) then dragging me out so he can buy a new game for his x box ( while he convalesces from pneumonia) telling me the wrong eta AND using the last piece of toilet paper and NOT changing it. Then telling me his guests are hungry ( it's a Turkish thing, they were not hungry he force fed them) I'm sure I could have mitigating factors for serious harm! Mind you at least he cooked the food after I shot him " the look"

Men huh! Today however. I'm back on a roll. Bathroom swished, kitchen swished load of laundry done. About to shampoo the lounge carpet.

By the way has anyone got or had a vaperetto and are they good?

Off to google vaperetto.

You're doing great -- flying away. I've done very little, thus far. But, I shall -- I must.

It's a steam cleaner? I've got an upright Vax one and it's fabulous. Finished top bannister and surrounding paintwork today. I notice that the focus this week is the bedroom. I think I'll draw up my own set of tasks there.

1) Sort through and declutter bedside table.
2) Sort through and declutter second chest of drawers (recently done first).
3) Put valance sheet back on bed and flip mattress.
4) Dust and polish.

That'll fit in nicely with my 10mins upstairs in the morning regime too.

Other than that bathroom and kitchen shinies looking good. Just keeping on top of them on a daily basis. Never did sort out my 'laundry' area though.

Today is Monday: Weekly Home Blessing Hour

Daily Focus Monday: Weekly Home Blessing Hour

On Mondays, The Weekly Home Blessing hour is the time FlyLady spends blessing her home. No detailed cleaning required; vacuum the middle of the floors only! The time on this can depend on the size of your home, could take less than an hour or more than an hour but on average about an hour. Set your timers and have fun - you are blessing your home and family!

FlyLady sets her timer for 10 minutes to work on each of 7 ways to bless your home:

Vacuum
Dust
Quick Mop
Polish Mirrors and Doors
Purge magazines/catalogs
Change Sheets
Empty all trash cans

This week we are in Zone 4: The Master Bedroom

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
* - Make Bed
* -Swish & Swipe
* -Empty Dishwasher
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)

* -Check Your Calendar

* -Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

* Declutter for 15 Minutes

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

Zone 4: Mission #1 Monday

This week we are in the Master Bedroom. Today I want you to spend 15 minutes under your bed! LOL! Take this time to get the things out from under the bed that you have shoved under there during a mad stash and dash through the house. 15 minutes might not be enough, but for today, just try to put a dent in the stuff that you have put there. Things that just don't belong. If you don't have anything under your bed, then grab a vacuum cleaner or broom and get the dust bunnies that have been multiplying under there. Have fun with this, just 15 minutes, set you time and go go go!

Well I sorted through my bedside cabinet and shinied up the kitchen before bed. Good news, there is Dec a lingering smell of assorted aromatherapy oils in there now.

However, I did neglect my bathroom albeit it'll take minutes to have it up to standard tomorrow as I have kept on top of it on a daily basis. ;-)

Tomorrow's plan includes ironing, sorting a chest of drawers and sticking Hoover round.

Nighty night x

Back