de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

And I still had plenty of time to myself to chill out! Who needs food optimising when you can have time optimising lol

That's some impressive flying for that time in the day. Well done!

I did nothing (didn't even shine sink as it hadn't been used since previous night and I didn't complete the last few items ironing which is annoying. At best I will prepare the following day's food if I'm at work. Didn't even do that. Told myself I'd healthy options from the canteen. Which I will, and I guess you have to cut yourself some slack.

Up this morning bathroom cleaned including floor tiles. Quick bath, then clear bunnies tray and refill and hopefully clean bedroom window before leaving for work.

I will get round to that ironing tonight lol

Today is Thursday: Errand Day

This week we are in Zone 4: The Master Bedroom

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher X
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XXX
* -Check Your Calendar X
* -Check Your Control Journal (still don't have)
* What's For Dinner? (Turkey Something)
* Drink Your Water X (working on it)
* Declutter for 15 Minutes X
* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (Nope)

Zone 4: Mission #4 Thursday

Back in the Master Bedroom we go. For today check the hotspot that might be warming up on your nightstand. Get it quick before it turns into a four alarm fire! Take a few minutes today to straighten up your nightstands. Have fun, this is not a chore, it is blessing your home.

Bonus Declutter Mission: Get rid of 5 items of clothing in your bedroom that you do not wear anymore. I am giving you a break and not asking for 27, just start with 5.

I have just scrubbed the front and tops of some of my kitchen cupbrads and the inside of the cooker hood. OMG so much grease and grime I am ashamed of myself. However on the positive side it looks brill now. WIll do more cupboards tomorrow

I actualy think this is the best thread on minis!
Love reading this thread and def helps get me motivated. I'm sort of going very fast down the run way, so not quite flying yet but almost!
I'm going to do the 27 shuffle boogie thing later.

mommyB said:
I have just scrubbed the front and tops of some of my kitchen cupbrads and the inside of the cooker hood. OMG so much grease and grime I am ashamed of myself. However on the positive side it looks brill now. WIll do more cupboards tomorrow

Well done. Sometimes I clean things and am shocked how grubby they are. My house seems to attract dust and grime.

A steamer would get that sorted pretty quickly. Well done, Jane!

Tonight while making dinner I made lunch for me and bf for tomorrow and did one load of washing up. After eating I have cleaned all my work surfaces, put a load of washing on, put a load of washing away and sorted out my weekend bag for an overnighter tomorrow! Not bad but I feel like I want to do more!!

UPDATING: Today is Thursday: Errand Day

ERRANDS: Bought filter one place and oil another for tomorrow's car appt.; bought housewarming gift and visited friend who recently moved; quick grocery shop; and bought suitcase for DD.

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes X

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth X (dressed to visit friend, including slap and jewelry)
* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher X
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XXX
* -Check Your Calendar X
* -Check Your Control Journal (still don't have)
* What's For Dinner? Egg Rolls, Chicken Tenders, Smile Fries (all in air fryer), plus Turkey Fried Rice and Turkey Stif Fry.
* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (Nope)

Zone 4: Mission #4 Thursday

Back in the Master Bedroom we go. For today check the hotspot that might be warming up on your nightstand. Get it quick before it turns into a four alarm fire! Take a few minutes today to straighten up your nightstands. Have fun, this is not a chore, it is blessing your home. X

Bonus Declutter Mission: Get rid of 5 items of clothing in your bedroom that you do not wear anymore. I am giving you a break and not asking for 27, just start with 5 X

OTHER CHORES: cleaned another fan (trying to do one a day), three loads of laundry (washed, dried, folded and put away); dinner cooked (left overs boxed for DS's & DH's lunches & DD's packed lunch is made; kitchen all cleaned up (dishwasher running); quick vacuum kitchen floor and rest of downstairs.

Tonight while making dinner I made lunch for me and bf for tomorrow and did one load of washing up. After eating I have cleaned all my work surfaces, put a load of washing on, put a load of washing away and sorted out my weekend bag for an overnighter tomorrow! Not bad but I feel like I want to do more!!

Go you! Super organized!

Today is Friday: De-Clutter Your Purse and Car Day.

(DH has the car I usually drive, DS's is in the shop and it's too miserable out to clean the Jeep -- but I'll do my bag, book bag and even my travel bag.)

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth (cleaned up, but in grubby chore clothes)
* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher X
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) X (have one in dryer, one to go -- might do another partial loads just o keep CHAOS away)

* -Check Your Calendar X

* -Check Your Control Journal (Still don't have)

* What's For Dinner? (Debating -- think I'll check steel by dates on the meat I bought and cook in order)

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (still No)

Today is the last day in the Master Bedroom. Take 15 minutes to declutter the laundry. Set your timer and put away the laundry that you were going to put away later. Later is now. Take the time to take care of this; it really makes a great difference.

Bonus Declutter Mission: Your choice get rid of 5 more pieces of clothing from your closet OR put away another basket of laundry.

[XX I try to put away laundry, as I do it. But -- I do plan to do the wood furniture (dust &oil), glass clean (I have mirrored wardrobes), a dog wash, an ensuite scrub, upstairs carpet vacuum, and check that I've done ALL of this week's missions.)]

Last edited:
Mel. You are keeping me accountable! Just so tired today. Boooo hissss. I will Hoover the master bed and put away laundry as a minimum.

Snowing like a mother lover here! Had a load on the line but they got snowed in while I was out. Now they will have to be washed again :(

I've been back to work for nearly 2 weeks and my evening routine has taken a bit of a hit. I'm getting the washing up done every night, sometimes with the help of Mr Taz but forget to fill up the water filters and hot water device. Being back at work has knackered me out a bit so I need to get it more into a routine

Today is Saturday: Family Fun Day

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoesp

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth
* - Make Bed
* -Swish & Swipe
* -Empty Dishwasher
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away)

* -Check Your Calendar

* -Check Your Control Journal

* What's For Dinner?

* Drink Your Water

* Declutter for 15 Minutes

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise)

* Before Bed Routine:
* -Lay out Your Clothes for tomorrow
* -Check Your Calendar
* -Put things needed for tomorrow at the Launch Pad
* -Where are your Keys?
* -Spend Two Minutes Clearing off a Hot Spot
* -Shine Your Sink
* - Wash face/Brush Teeth
* -Go to Bed at a Decent Hour

***** I'm working on travel plans and getting things organized for next Saturday's departure. Need to do catch up on this week's flight plan and move forward.

Sneak Peak for Next Week Family and/or Living Room

Zone 5: Mission #1 Monday

Back to the Living Room we go! One of my all time favorite missions for the living room is to go sofa and chair diving! This is where we start digging through the furniture and pluck out the Cheerios and old socks! I am always amazed at how much stuff I can pull out of the couch in just one short month! I think the couch is kind of like the clothes dryer, it seems to keep things! LOL!

Have fun, this should not take longer than 5 minutes! Don't obsess!
Zone 5: Mission #2 Tuesday

For today you are to take 5 minutes and dust the decorative items in your living room. The picture frames, lamps and knick knacks, this is a detailed dusting. Turn on the music and move quickly, you will be amazed at how fast you can to this!!!

Don't over think the mission, just do the mission! Have fun!
Zone 5: Mission #3 Wednesday

Today we are back to the Living Room!

Let's have a detailed vacuuming session. This means to vacuum the room, making sure to get up against the baseboards and to get under the furniture. Please be careful that you don't hurt yourself trying to move furniture. If it is too difficult to get under the couch or chairs then just try to get as close to the base of the furniture as you can. Don't forget the corners!!

Have fun and don't get sidetracked!

Zone 5: Mission #4 Thursday

Today take a look at the walls and the windows in your Living/Family room.
Grab some cleaner and a cloth and go after the finger prints and smudges that those mysterious little elves seem to leave behind as they run through your house when no one is looking! LOL

Be careful with the walls as not to rub too hard to remove paint if you have a flat finish.
Zone 5: Mission #5 Friday

Last day in the Living/Family Room! Today let's have a really good and detailed dusting session for the big stuff! Grab the feather dusters and run them across window treatments and walls. Then polish the furniture using a good micro-fiber cloth. Pick things up and wipe under them and wipe down the electronics in the room. This will take less than 15 minutes as long as you take care to not get sidetracked, You are going to love how this zone feels when you are finished! Have a great weekend!

Today is Monday: Weekly Home Blessing Hour

This week we are in Zone 5: The Living Room

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes. (Just in tatty sweats, as I'm cleaning, etc.)

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth X
* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher X (and bleaching stained cups)
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XXX (loads of laundry in progress)

* -Check Your Calendar X

* -Check Your Control Journal. (Still don't have)

* What's For Dinner? (Meatballs)

* Drink Your Water. XX (and having more tea, less coffee)

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise). NOT YET

Zone 5: Mission #1 Monday (DID THIS LAST WEEK -- MIGHT GIVE IT ANOTHER GO)

Back to the Living Room we go! One of my all time favorite missions for the living room is to go sofa and chair diving! This is where we start digging through the furniture and pluck out the Cheerios and old socks! I

Been busy trashing DD's room as I sort through her stuff and start her packing process.
I taken out all four carry-ons and have sorted DD's "carry-on clothes" (in case her big suitcase doesn't make the connection). I've put some gifts in her big bag, have started sorting my "personal item" bag and hope to thoroughly clean my bedroom and ensuite, so I can do my "big bag pack". Might not get all this done today but -- the dog has had her bath, so I can clean the ensuite. Then, it's the MBR (ensuring I've done all of last week's daily tasks) and then my packing. I expect we'll find lots of clothing that can be tossed as we do our packing. We usually do (we're packing warm weather clothing). I can already tell that some of DD's warm weather clothes will be too small.

so far
beds made, breakfast dishes washed and put away
some paperwork sorted
some decluttering in Noni's room and am about to hit Liv's
1 load of laundry done and about to be hung on the airer.
Lunch cooked
all bins emptied

so far
beds made, breakfast dishes washed and put away
some paperwork sorted
some decluttering in Noni's room and am about to hit Liv's
1 load of laundry done and about to be hung on the airer.
Lunch cooked
all bins emptied

Well done.

I'va also done some more work on my control log-set up a filing system in it for all the paperwork that I need to keep handy or accessable.
And I've sorted out some more of Rhiannons old clothes and reorganised some of her clothing storage, and cleared off/tidyed her dressing table.

Darn I've had a good day

Made dinner and washed up too:D

I'va also done some more work on my control log-set up a filing system in it for all the paperwork that I need to keep handy or accessable.
And I've sorted out some more of Rhiannons old clothes and reorganised some of her clothing storage, and cleared off/tidyed her dressing table.

Darn I've had a good day

Made dinner and washed up too:D

Very impressed.

I stuck some operating manuals in a plastic pages binder and worked on a hot spot in the kitchen (side table with a pile of stuff on it).

I've wrapped two gifts and am ready to drop one off tomorrow and the the other Wednesday.

I've sorted some errands for tomorrow (banking, returning an item, paperwork to be dropped off, bags of stuff to be dropped off, gift to deliver, etc.) and I'll be at DD's school for a 2:30 meeting (30 minute drive). I'll pay the balance for her end of year trip. I told DD I'd drive her home -- and we'd drop off the gift before piano. I'll start dinner in the crock pot in the morning -- and assign DS to walk the dog at 4:00. (DD usually does this.)

I took out DD's summer clothes and we'll go through those as we pack -- I'm sure a lot will be passed along or donated.

Made dinner and cleared up, too.

Still have laundry to food, dry and fold... And then put away. :(

Back