de-cluttering the home, as well as body & mind

I have let things slip the last couple of days thinking it wouldn't matter and I could catch up.

Imagine my HORROR when my bf tells me he brought his mum round to see my flat today for the first time! He even showed her my SPARE ROOM!! Arrrgh!!

I don't think I will ever recover from this embarrassment!!

OOps !!!
But I bet it's not as bad as you make out !!

Have all the photos cropped for DD's London Baby Scrapbook.

Today is Tuesday: Plan and Play Day

This week we are in Zone 5: The Living Room

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes

* Morning Routine:

* -Get Dressed to Shoes including Hair/Face, Brush Teeth X
* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe XXX (cleaned family bath)
* -Empty Dishwasher XX
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XXX

* -Check Your Calendar X

* -Check Your Control Journal (Still don't have)

* What's For Dinner? (Slowcooker Stew and Dirty Rice -- options) X

* Drink Your Water X

* Declutter for 15 Minutes X

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise). NOPE

Zone 5: Mission #2 Tuesday

For today you are to take 5 minutes and dust the decorative items in your living room. The picture frames, lamps and knick knacks, this is a detailed dusting. Turn on the music and move quickly, you will be amazed at how fast you can to this!!!

(NOPE)

Last edited:
Morning routine
hoover
tackle giant ironing pile
work
shopping

Go Jane! Found the stuff I ordered for DD's scrapbook! :) (And, a gift my sister has sent from Amazon for DD's b'day -- it was with the scrapbooking stuff... Oops!)

Did morning routine and...

Changed DS' shots, tidied his room, ran the vacuum in it -- also vacuum the family bath and hall upstairs. Folded and put away 2 loads of laundry, am washing and drying more. Sorted some stuff for trip. Time to move on... I have to be at DD's school at 2:30. I should leave here NLT 1:45.

Good work!! I'm going to set aside time to declutter my spare room at the weekend and get rid of unwanted rubbish taking up space. Tonight I will tidy away the washing in my room and put it away and make the bed.

MinnieMel said:
Go Jane! Found the stuff I ordered for DD's scrapbook! :) (And, a gift my sister has sent from Amazon for DD's b'day -- it was with the scrapbooking stuff... Oops!)

Did morning routine and...

Changed DS' shots, tidied his room, ran the vacuum in it -- also vacuum the family bath and hall upstairs. Folded and put away 2 loads of laundry, am washing and drying more. Sorted some stuff for trip. Time to move on... I have to be at DD's school at 2:30. I should leave here NLT 1:45.

Steaming through mel. I'm just done with the lounge. You are so motivated!

Steaming through mel. I'm just done with the lounge. You are so motivated!

Not really... Just trying. But, thanks. Dinner in slow cooker. Next load washing. Boiler repair booked (didn't fix the problem last week).

Laundry going through the machines....its never ending! The kids beds have been put in the one room so they now have a big triple bed (double plus single). The other room is going to be a playroom so there are toys in it but its not set up yet until we see if the kids settle. I need to sort through all the kids clothes again as they have outgrown some.
I'm ticking along slowly today but its all progress.

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Laundry going through the machines....its never ending! The kids beds have been put in the one room so they now have a big triple bed (double plus single). The other room is going to be a playroom so there are toys in it but its not set up yet until we see if the kids settle. I need to sort through all the kids clothes again as they have outgrown some.
I'm ticking along slowly today but its all progress.

Sent from ARCHOS tablet :)

Lots done! I'm hoping to clear out more clothes as we pack for our trip.

I didnt quite finish the ironing but I'm pooped now-some of it hs been in there months so another day or so wont make huge difference!!

Yay! I haven't finished the ensuite -- but I will. It's just some counters the mirror and vacuum. Then I need to sort my bedroom -- bring in our cases and pack. Still doing laundry and now making dinner. School meeting and piano sorted. Errands bumped until tomorrow. Boiler guy was here -- recommends a whole house system flush. Sigh.

Today is Wednesday: Anti-Procrastination Day. (BUSTED -- BEEN PROCRASTINATING DUE TO SINUS HEADACHE)

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes X

* Morning Routine:

* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher X
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) X

* -Check Your Calendar X

* -Check Your Control Journal (Still don't have)

* What's For Dinner? (Paprika Chicken, baked sweet potatoes, steamed veggies)

* Drink Your Water XX

* Declutter for 15 Minutes X (Got out suitcases!)

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise). Nope, sigh!

Zone 5: Mission #3 Wednesday

Today we are back to the Living Room!

Let's have a detailed vacuuming session. This means to vacuum the room, making sure to get up against the baseboards and to get under the furniture. Please be careful that you don't hurt yourself trying to move furniture. If it is too difficult to get
under the couch or chairs then just try to get as close to the base of the furniture as you can. Don't forget the corners!!

(This was recently done, but I might do a touch up.)

Today's Flight Plan. March 28, 2013

Today is Thursday: Errand Day XXX (loads done -- need to do more ASAP)

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes

* Morning Routine:

* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher XX
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XX

* -Check Your Calendar X

* -Check Your Control Journal (don't have)

* What's For Dinner? (tacos)

* Drink Your Water X

* Declutter for 15 Minutes X

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (Nope)

Zone 5: Mission #4 Thursday

Today take a look at the walls and the windows in your Living/Family room. Grab some cleaner and a cloth and go after the finger prints and smudges that those mysterious little elves seem to leave behind as they run through your house when no one is looking!

Is okay -- done recently.

Last edited:
Today's Flight Plan

Today is Friday: De-Clutter Your Purse and Car Day. (Will be doing this preparation for our trip)

This month's Habit is: Getting Dressed to Shoes X

* Morning Routine:

* - Make Bed X
* -Swish & Swipe X
* -Empty Dishwasher XX
* -Reboot Laundry (a Load a Day Keeps CHAOS Away) XXX

* -Check Your Calendar X

* -Check Your Control Journal (don't have)

* What's For Dinner? (soup and whatever is left in house)

* Drink Your Water X

* Declutter for 15 Minutes X (gave bag of DD's outgrown clothing to friend)

* 15 Minutes of Loving Movement (exercise) (Nope)

Zone 5: Mission # Friday

Dear Friends:

Last day in the Living/Family Room! Today let's have a really good and detailed dusting session for the big stuff! Grab the feather dusters and run them across window treatments and walls. Then polish the furniture using a good micro-fiber cloth. Pick things up and wipe under them and wipe down the electronics in the room. This will take less than 15 minutes as long as you take care to not get sidetracked, You are going to love how this zone feels when you are finished! Have a great weekend!

Things have slipped back badly here at the B household, but today I started those baby steps again and things already look better.
How's everyone else doing ?

My problem is I feel like I have to clean my flat before I can start my new healthy routine and acquiring the motivation to clean my flat is even more difficult that dragging myself to the gym -.-'' Too many distractions.

Things have slipped back badly here at the B household, but today I started those baby steps again and things already look better.
How's everyone else doing ?

I think my house is as tidy today as it was on Saturday! ;)

Back