Dealing with a bad cold when on Exante ts?

sheenad

:mad:
I'm not happy. Got a major sore throat and very heavy cold and generally feel lousy! Thing is, usually, at this stage I would be comfort eating (or drinking to make myself feel better). That's not going to happen, so I'm going for LOTS of hot drinks. Only thing is - I'm all decaf coffee'd out and I don't like black tea or peppermint tea. Any ideas anyone to get me through this please? Got my first weigh in tomorrow and don't want to stumble when it's all been going so well:cry:

I swear by sudafed decongestant tablets. I don't know how they fare for Ketosis but you know it's more important that you feel a little better right now.

HUGS x

Cheers peeps:)
I've also found some rooibos tea with cinnamon and nutmeg - very festive, but I can drink that black with a bit of sweetener.

I had a hideous cold and cough last week. I got a cough bottle without citric acid, had paracetamol and used olbas oil and vicks. It got me thru. Hope you feel better soon xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You will probably get over the cold faster while on Exante because sugar suppresses the immune system and you won't be consuming any. Feel better soon!

txgardenia said:
You will probably get over the cold faster while on Exante because sugar suppresses the immune system and you won't be consuming any. Feel better soon!

Wow I didn't realise that . Very interesting for me as during my 3 year illness my immunity has been very low . As I am still fighting a wound infection this is really encouraging . thank you !

Well i havent really been on this week, because iv been so unwell with a cold and tonsilitus. All seemed to hit me at once and was ill for almost 2 weeks.

I decided in the 2nd week to sod worrying about the diet too much and altho i still had my packs i also had lots of hot choc and beechams cough medicine to make me feel better. also did hardly anything all week so doubt i got rid of many calories.

Lost 2lb for the week wich isnt great for a 3rd week but considering the week i had im happy enough with it. So just letting you know ur not alone! Summer colds definately arrived lol x

Get well soon sweet xx

Back