dealing with christmas parties..

Ha, downtown abbey that made me chuckle!

il get drinking LOADs of fizz and water to bloat me a bit and make me 'fake full' and il skip the starter. . i dont like seafood, or risotto.. so maybe the chicken. .

i dont *enjoy sorbet* but it would deffinatly be better than the other desserts.. id have to just think about it.

Mmmmm the menu looks delish Fern!!! You could skip the starter and go for the first chicken dish and then pudding if you really want one! And save some syns towards it!X

like you Fern I am finding the run up to Christmas (already) pretty daunting. I am so desperate to get to Target for Christmas Day - but FIL died this week and I don't think I've made very good choices already - the funeral is next week and we have a 2nd funeral next week too ! PLUS the first of my Christmas meals 'out' with family and friends - including eat as much as you CAN !!! Chinese Buffets x 2 - I think 6 meals up to Christmas. :break_diet: time !

BUT I have to remember that I am probably 2stone 4lb's lighter than I was this time last year - and feel so much better..................plus IF I manage to keep on track the rest of the week before and after said meals - I might just maintain up to Christmas but with a loraluck I might just MAKE MY TARGET - fingers crossed to make those better choices.

Good luck to you too.

Fern, just like you I'm determined not to have a huge gain this Christmas and I'm not having the whole time "off plan" either.
I have a lot of meals out and I have chosen wisely - melon for starters, salmon with no sauce or steak and cheese and biscuits for dessert.
I'm going to enjoy the season and more so by knowing I'm not going to put half a stone on (I hope!)

Hi Fern, If I was lucky enough to go to zizzi's I think I would choose the antipasto zizzi, you could eat the ham and roasted tomatoes and have the mozzarella as your A choice, give the salami and olives to friends.
For main course I think the rigatoni with roasted chicken and tomato sauce seems not too bad, I don't know if they use fresh pasta or not, perhaps you could email them and ask, or you could always leave the pasta. I would have a dessert and cut back on syns for a couple of days. :D

I think checking menus before going out for a meal and planning what to eat is a great help. Choose what you think is best on plan before you go and stick by it. I know I will always want dessert so I am willing to cut back on my main course to compensate. Always ask for sauces and dressings on the side, and skip cream, chocolate sauce etc on your dessert.

Don't forget to eat slowly and savour the food, enjoy it, otherwise it's a waste of syns!

Back