Deathworm's All Green food diary

Do you go to work from your Mum's or are you having a holiday?

We are going away tomorrow - we are going down to Saigon to meet my Porridge - sorry my Son - he is coming over here for 2 weeks and been told not to arrive unless bearing gifts of Porridge and Ryvita. Said he will hopefully bring those but he is not bringing the Kg of Cheese my OH asked for as Son is Vegan and only bringing Hand Luggage so told his Dad he only has to wait 6 weeks before he can have as much as he wants. He could have it here but it is about £2 for 100gms :eek:- all imported.
We go on the train at 7.30am and get there just after 3pm - hopefully - last time we went we arrived at 3 in the morning after the train infront of us was involved in a bad accident with a dumper truck.:(
We stay overnight then get the train back at 1pm to arrive here about 9pm so not much of a holiday but the journey gives me plenty of time to read my Kindle.

Have a nice time at Mum's and hopefully she will keep you on the straight and narrow.

Saigon eh? Not half as exotic as Southampton of course but it tries hard!!! I am at mum's for Easter in a village near (about 1 hour bus ride) away. Not a 'Miss Read chocolatey box village though.

Hope you get your porridge! I am off out soon to see what delights in the way of veggie food that the little Tesco has to offer. Usually not much. Mum went to Co-op yesterday with my 'Gaga' aunt to get me some stuff but as mum is wheelchair bound and cannot see what is on shelves clearly had to rely on my aunt. Hence the assorted chicken and prawn Chinese stuff (I hate Chinese food) that she reckons were 'Quorn'. Since when did Quorn get so shy of advertising that they omitted to put Quorn on it???!!!!

Yes! Just been eating rice cakes with marmite already added. Yum. Never thought I'd like rice cakes but do like these! I know I say it every week but Thursday's weigh is gonna be bad. I started out so good as well...... Mised last week's cos at mum's.

I had to laugh when -being inspired by your exotic fruit salad I decided mum and I would go down the fruit salad route - 1 apple 1 orange 1 kiwi fruit. It did not look anything like yours though - just imagine a dinner lady doing it (whoops! No offence to any dinner ladies out there!). You will have to prepare all my meals when you get back -commute between West Londond and Hampshire so you do mum's as well. Mind you there is no way she would eat tofu. She is not veggie anyway and rather fussy! You would have your work cut out for you there!!:giggle:

My MIL is just the same - can only give her veggie if she does not know it is :) Alright with pies if I tell her it is mince and not TVP or lentil mince if I put beef oxo in it, she likes her roast pork with plenty of crackling and apple sauce.
I quite like rice cakes but not marmite more of a Vegemite kinda person. Got the porridge and a packet of Ryvita and have just put the dried peas to soak but not going to give them away to people who can take or leave them - they can eat the carrots.
Good Luck with this weeks weigh in - I think I must be doing ok as my clothes are feeling less tight. There were some scales at the hotel in Saigon but hubby told me they were not accurate as he weighed quite a bit more on them and he never really changes and the needle was not on Zero so said I would be disappointed if they did not say what I wanted. Was very tempted but had second thoughts.

My MIL is just the same - can only give her veggie if she does not know it is :) Alright with pies if I tell her it is mince and not TVP or lentil mince if I put beef oxo in it, she likes her roast pork with plenty of crackling and apple sauce.
I quite like rice cakes but not marmite more of a Vegemite kinda person. Got the porridge and a packet of Ryvita and have just put the dried peas to soak but not going to give them away to people who can take or leave them - they can eat the carrots.
Good Luck with this weeks weigh in - I think I must be doing ok as my clothes are feeling less tight. There were some scales at the hotel in Saigon but hubby told me they were not accurate as he weighed quite a bit more on them and he never really changes and the needle was not on Zero so said I would be disappointed if they did not say what I wanted. Was very tempted but had second thoughts.

Ahhh youknow whatthey say?Ignorance is bliss!! Stay unweighed! I wish I could tonight!
It is all my own fault and no-one else's. Even with slightly different food at mum's I should stillhave either lost or stayed thedsame. It was towards theend that I went mad andgot chocolate eclair sweets and toffees and indulged in hot cross buns (bxy the way never buy from the Co-op- they were so doughy urgh.TheTescos finest were muchbetter- sticky and fruity andmore spice in them.

Get my OH to make them - he is the baker in our house. Don't think I have been in Coop for years.

Good Luck for later.

Well Dang! Four pounds ON. This is very bad. Ended up only 1ln away frommy starting weight! Stupid, stupid, stupid! It wasn't even something 'fun' like alcohol! Crappy bags of chocolate eclair sweets and toffees and crisps! All went down so quick none of it touched the sides.

On another note - I got to weigh in yesterday and finally realised that as I did the time before, I had turned up just as the last class was leaving. These ladies often do some food. I remembered last time enjoying soem chocolate truffles (mmmmmm!). This time I also had the weetabix cake. Now, I have read about this and could not believe it when people on here said how much they liked it.

However, I think I shall be making it for my next book club. It did taste rather like malt loaf which is a favourite of mine.

I have just realised that I have made a classic rookie/newbie's mistake in brining in a soup carton without checking if it is actually low in syns or not. 13 syns for a whole carton - still 7.5 for half I suppose I can put up with that - Tesco's Mexican bean soup - at least it will have fibre in it!

I got the new magazine on the strength of people saying how fab the mac and cheese is in the issue. Glad I did - I will have to remember that there is only 1 of me and 4 portions which should last for 4 days and not eat it all in one go!!!

Hells Bells - still it is over and done with now and nowt you can do about until tomorrow.

How about letting us into the Mac and Cheese secret? I do like it but never made it, always eaten it out with far too much cheese on it.

Thinking about it - surely 4lb is too much in one week even with crisp and chocolate - I didn't put that much on every week when I was eating out every night and drinking too much wine, maybe will come out better at next weigh-in.

Last edited:
I am here!

Did not really go away but have problem on computer - sometimes when I post the bit with reply disappears. Very frustrating. You will never know the number of times I posted to you and had to give up!!!!

Anyway,

Monday's food diary

NO brekkie

Lunch - cheese salad

Dinner - Carrot soup with coriander, curry and chilli flakes - ok

I was so tired fromm doing reception on Friday saturday and sunday afternoon/evening that I could no face cooking! Was well aware if had not thought hard about it would have gone to the chippy!

Syns made up from coleslaw/marmite rice cakes and crisps.

Tuesday 9th April

so far had sultana bran with nana (that's a banana not my grandma - she's dead!)

Will have avocado salad sarnie for lunch and an apple.

Not sure of what delights to have for tea - may be a stir fry or burger with veg.

Oh! wait a minute I cooked some rice! That's right curried chick peas and rice for dinner.

you could make a bean soup real quick and syn free

greek bean soup

Tin of white beans (can't get tins here so I soak 'em)
2 sticks celery
2 carrot sliced into rounds
can of tomatoes, fresh or some (lots) puree
parsley chopped
onions sliced finely
6 cups water
salt and pepper
chilli (optional)

fry the onion and chilli in frylite (or HEb olive oil) until softened, add the carrots and celery for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
add the beans, pour in the water and bring to the boil. If you are using soaked beans cooked for 1 - 1.5 hrs. add tomatoes when hot remove from heat and add parsley and salt and pepper. stir in olive oil if using.

Thanks Keffie - will think about the soup.

Actually had a stint on reception again so did a quick egg fried rice with the ready cooked rice last night after all.

So tired when I got up this morning and had no time to get cereal so grabbed a roll for brekkie. On the bus the stop announcements were 2 ahead. I promptly forgot this and had a bit of a snooze. When it announced the stop just after mine, I threw myself off the bus even though I did not recognise where I was. Of course I had got off two stops before I needed to!! As I usually have a quick snooze going down that piece of road I did not recognise where I was!!!! Unexpected exercise!! I would like to say it woke me up but nah! Still tired!!

Could not get my act together last night so will either have ryvita with baby bel or a packet soup. I have apples too. May try to do the curry tonight I think - or may just crash out when I get home. Must prepare ready for Monday as I will be doing a marathon on reception 07.00-20.00 so will need a packed lunch.

Hi Clover and welcome!

You will see that as a veggie and therefore hopefully doing green you will be allowed 2 healthy as and 2 healthy b's. It's great to be green!

Hi Clover and welcome!

You will see that as a veggie and therefore hopefully doing green you will be allowed 2 healthy as and 2 healthy b's. It's great to be green!

Thankyou! Getting used to it, any good.shopping yesterday and it was weird checking labels and ingredients, it has made me realise All the things of scoff without a second thought to what or 'who' is in it. I used to do red or green, love having the extra he's! Xx

Hello :) I'm a veggie/Green Day'er too so thought I'd stop by after seeing you on Oddsock's diary.
Sorry to hear about your gain. I agree 4lbs in one week is excessive. That happens to me sometimes as I gain very quickly (7lb) in 2 weeks recently!! But it's usually not true weight and comes off easy enough. Hope you get a good loss this week.
Kelly.xx

Well Done to both of you - that is great :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: - 3 each :D

Back