Deathworm's All Green food diary

Thanks everyone.Feeling very guilty as I have not done a proper food diary due to poor planning. I will really try from next week, so sorry about that. I was naughty today and had a croissant. I don't even like them but I was eyeing up the chocolate tiffin slice - for all I know it may well have the same calories in it or may even be less than the flamin' croissant. Aargh!

Lunch I have managed to bring in to work. It is some hot dog veggie sausages and some potatoes in gravy. I think the Morrisons hot dog veggie sausages are around 2 syns each or something like that.

Mmmm tiffin ;) lol!

What are the Morrisons sausages like - do they taste of stuffing?
I ask because the ones I had did and I hate stuffing - MIL does the shopping in Morrisons so will ask her to put them on the list if they are ok.

OOps forgot to say. Last night#s dinner was the rest of the p9otatoes I had cooked plus quorn mince, carrot and green pepper in a little gravy. Very nice and i ? Danio yogurt. I don;t think it was a free one so must count for soe syns (plus the gravy in the dinner). It was the blue berry one which has creamy stuff on top and fruit below but more substantial than those 'corner' yogurts.

They are not the 'proper' veggie sausages - they are hot dog sausages so have a kind of briney taste. You can micro them only takes a few mins. I like their other veggie saus but then I do like stuffing!!!
Come payday I will get some more. They are very handy. I tend to cut them up and put them through pasta or noodles most of the time.

They are horrible as well :D My OH eats them all the time at home and he can only cook them when I am at the gym because I also hate the smell of them.

That would Dogs and Rats then. :eek:

There is a street near to where we stay that only has dog meat restaurants and another restaurant down the road only sells wild animal meat such as hedgehogs and wild boar (not tigers and lions :) ) Our friend had her dog stolen and said that is where it would end up and now she has a small one because it is too small to pinch.

Morning - well now I have to change "my head" picture of you after reading how old you are, I really thought you were in your mid 20's. It's funny how you imagine people and then are completely wrong.:d'oh:

My dad just delivered some Quorn sausages...yay! Everytime I try to make veggie sausage they fall apart. Anyone have a foolproof recipe? I'm going to try to add recipes to my diary pages...I use a couple of vegetarian Greek books which are great.

Gigantes Plaki (baked big beans). It makes quite a lot (would serve at least 4)

500g large white beans - or cans if you can get them
3/4 cup olive oil (makes a lovely taste but massive syns - could try fry-lite or HEB oil)
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
3 cloves garlic chopped
3 ripe tomatoes, or tinned
parsley finely chopped, salt and pepper

Soak the beans overnight, change the water and boil until soft. Drain and allow to dry for a while. Put the oil into a large frying pan with the onion and garlic. If using fresh tomatoes chop as finely as possible and add these to the an with the parsley. Bring to the boil, add slat and pepper to taste. Meanwhile put the beans into an ovenproof dish, pour the sauce over them and bake for about an hour, or until cooked - @180

If you have a HEa available you could serve it with some feta, and a large salad. Enjoy!

Gigantes Plaki (baked big beans). It makes quite a lot (would serve at least 4)

500g large white beans - or cans if you can get them
3/4 cup olive oil (makes a lovely taste but massive syns - could try fry-lite or HEB oil)
1 medium onion, sliced into rings
3 cloves garlic chopped
3 ripe tomatoes, or tinned
parsley finely chopped, salt and pepper

Soak the beans overnight, change the water and boil until soft. Drain and allow to dry for a while. Put the oil into a large frying pan with the onion and garlic. If using fresh tomatoes chop as finely as possible and add these to the an with the parsley. Bring to the boil, add slat and pepper to taste. Meanwhile put the beans into an ovenproof dish, pour the sauce over them and bake for about an hour, or until cooked - @180

If you have a HEa available you could serve it with some feta, and a large salad. Enjoy!

I love this and it freezes well, I make it in batches :)

Now have to look for another job so my mind was not on SW at my bookclub on Sunday. However, did enjoy myself. Had 2 x glasses rose wine, so there!!! Also had a slice of Polish Apple cake, Strawberries and Cream and some cheese.

No brekkie - v.hungry - feeling like I could eat the furniture!

Had nt bothered to do a lunch today so will have to have dry ryvitas and a packet soup or some such. No money until Thursday:( Never mind I can have a decent dinner tonight and ust try to cook more so can bring stuff in for tomorrow as working late on reception. Might have sausages tonight or do something with some Quorn fillets.

Morning - well now I have to change "my head" picture of you after reading how old you are, I really thought you were in your mid 20's. It's funny how you imagine people and then are completely wrong.:d'oh:

How very dare you!! In my head I am still a teenager!!!! I think I don't look too bad for my age. That's the thing with having a fat face - you don't get wrinkly so quick!!

That would Dogs and Rats then. :eek:

There is a street near to where we stay that only has dog meat restaurants and another restaurant down the road only sells wild animal meat such as hedgehogs and wild boar (not tigers and lions :) ) Our friend had her dog stolen and said that is where it would end up and now she has a small one because it is too small to pinch.

That's probably what you ate the other day, then! Fido or Tiddles!

Now have to look for another job so my mind was not on SW at my bookclub on Sunday. However, did enjoy myself. Had 2 x glasses rose wine, so there!!! Also had a slice of Polish Apple cake, Strawberries and Cream and some cheese.

No brekkie - v.hungry - feeling like I could eat the furniture!

Had nt bothered to do a lunch today so will have to have dry ryvitas and a packet soup or some such. No money until Thursday:( Never mind I can have a decent dinner tonight and ust try to cook more so can bring stuff in for tomorrow as working late on reception. Might have sausages tonight or do something with some Quorn fillets.

What is that about - have I missed something?

2 Glass of Rose -- big ones ???:party0036: Asked my son to get a bottle of Zinfandel Rose from Asda and have it chilled in the fridge ready for when I get back.

Back