Debbiemac Great North Run - finished!

Debbiemac

Cambridge Consultant
Well, I read so many people's diaries (rarely post as I always feel like an intruder :eek: ) but I thought maybe I should start my own. After mostly maintaining my losses last year, I still feel overweight (BMI says I am too... :cry: ) but what I need to do different this year is to get some exercise and tone up those flabby bits.... Maybe then my head will catch up with the scales...

So, I signed up in January for the Great North Run which is crawling ever closer and I'd like to think I will be able to finish it (Even if it IS at a crawl!! :rolleyes: )

Besides which, I woke up at 6am this morning... couldn't get back to sleep. So I sat on here for a while and caught up on everyone.... then decided to make the most of the peace and quiet and go for a swim (usually the kids want to come play too...)

I managed to swim for 1200metres :D Well shattered now, but at least its a start eh! I can't believe I did 150lengths :eek:
(Can I just point out that the pool is only 8m long and thats a LOT of turns!!)

Oh, and I managed to do 40 situps afterwards too.... so Snail - I'm caught up, just todays to do now :D

so, diet wise, it is now a case of healthy eating, stop with the picking and take each day as it comes....Training....something every day I think...

We'll see eh!

Crikey Debbie! 150 lengths:eek: That's going some.

You little mermaid ;)

Crikey Debbie! 150 lengths:eek: That's going some.

You little mermaid ;)

It does sound a lot doesnt it!!!
The pools a short one though.... I worked out that 3lengths of ours is one in an average pool....

Mind you, even then its almost 50 lengths i suppose :eek: Wow, I never managed more than 20 when I was a teenager.... Legs ache now:rolleyes:

hi Mandy - yep, all signed up for the Race for Life in Carlisle, sunday 8th July. Got the morning one so we can chill out and enjoy the sun in the afternoon.. well thats the plan!
Signed up 10 of my 'dieters' with me :D

No 'exercise' as yet today, in fact lazy day after busy classes yesterday.... Having a day off and heading to Keswick I think so may have a wander up a hill or two there.....

Off to enjoy the sun :D

Wow, 150lengths,, as you say think of all those turns, jeez what a mammoth effort...and the run as well...janey i never knew you were soooo fit..

Great to have found your thread, how you doing re the restart..ie 60day challenge, we're on day 57now...:D

I'm on MSN if your about for a live chat ;)

Well, 'restart' is kind of a strong word....LOL :rolleyes:

As long as I keep meals healthy and picking off limits, I'm happy :p

So, been out all day, had a lovely chicken salad (will be looking like one!) out in Keswick, after a 5mile walk around Buttermere... well OH said it was 5miles anyway.

So I actually feel like i did some exercise again.
A good day :D

hi Mandy - yep, all signed up for the Race for Life in Carlisle, sunday 8th July. Got the morning one so we can chill out and enjoy the sun in the afternoon.. well thats the plan!
Signed up 10 of my 'dieters' with me :D

No 'exercise' as yet today, in fact lazy day after busy classes yesterday.... Having a day off and heading to Keswick I think so may have a wander up a hill or two there.....

Off to enjoy the sun :D

I'll get myself signed up then:) :)

xxxxxx:)

Oh, and I managed to do 40 situps afterwards too.... so Snail - I'm caught up, just todays to do now :D

yay debz! not done mine yet today but i worked the night shift last night so bit tired, will do them later though.

considering signing myself up for RFL this year aswell, keep wanting to do it every year but bottle it.

good luck with the training and the diet deb. x

All signed up for Carlisle.... best get my ass into gear with the training!!!!!!:D :eek:
xxxxxx:)

YAY! training????? I can walk 5km..... no worries :rolleyes: :eek:
I keep forgetting about the 13miles I have to do in September.... convenient eh!

As for my 'training' so far.... errrm, not done much this last few days. Went into the pool with the kids yesterday so not much actual swimming went on! I'll be glad when school is back on and I get back to a routine of sorts!

Ian is now away during the week for the next six months minimum so I can't decide if its going to be easier or harder to get some time in.... (fewer babysitting opportunities, but then again no-one around during the day to guilt trip me into doing accounts!!) Hmmm.... maybe I should ask about for a personal trainer...... wonder if they exist up here in the sticks :rolleyes: Watch this space as they say!:D

Hmmm.... maybe I should ask about for a personal trainer...... wonder if they exist up here in the sticks :rolleyes: Watch this space as they say!:D

Which is of course an excuse for you to come and visit me :D

I'm tempted to join you on the RFL but I have just done a sponsored thing (the Body Combat one) and I don't really want to be asking people for sponsorship money again so soon.

Which is of course an excuse for you to come and visit me :D

I'm tempted to join you on the RFL but I have just done a sponsored thing (the Body Combat one) and I don't really want to be asking people for sponsorship money again so soon.

Like I need an excuse :rolleyes: ...just need some flamin' time :eek:

Join us anyway (excuse to come up on the saturday night eh?!).... I figured the £10 entry fee is part sponsorship too.. any extra is a bonus! (and oops.. didnt you ask me to sponsor you? I am so far behind lately.... :eek: )

Meanwhile.... I will be on the phone soon.... honest!!)

Oh, and training today... err, does 4hours around the Metro Centre chasing two small boys count?! :rolleyes:

Hi Deb!

hope your OK - I am just being nosey here .... you keep talking about going swimming at some unearthly hour and that it's only a small pool - is it yours? In your house?

Hi Deb!

hope your OK - I am just being nosey here .... you keep talking about going swimming at some unearthly hour and that it's only a small pool - is it yours? In your house?

Hi Hun! Yep, very fine... or I will be if my dog stops running away (too many sheep around here...gives me heart failure every time the kids let them out!)

and, yes, the pool is in the back garden (indoors fortunately!) No, I don't live in some mansion.... we rent it out so I have to 'book' it if I want to use it at a regular hour :eek: I'm in the middle of redecorating it, so thats extra exercise too eh! (I'm painting the walls, not the pool itself lol.... someone asked me that in the village the other day!)

..... minimins meet up at my house eh?!!!! bring your cossies....

Hi Hun! Yep, very fine... or I will be if my dog stops running away (too many sheep around here...gives me heart failure every time the kids let them out!)

and, yes, the pool is in the back garden (indoors fortunately!) No, I don't live in some mansion.... we rent it out so I have to 'book' it if I want to use it at a regular hour :eek: I'm in the middle of redecorating it, so thats extra exercise too eh! (I'm painting the walls, not the pool itself lol.... someone asked me that in the village the other day!)

..... minimins meet up at my house eh?!!!! bring your cossies....

Wow - green with envy.....:jelous: :jelous: :jelous: :jelous: lucky you - no excuses though for not going is there.....;)

Sounds like an beautiful part of the world you live in...... lucky you..... (apart from the dog escaping of course...lol)

Have a good day.... we've friends coming for the weekend so this means a military operation to clean the house and food to feed a small army.....:eek: :rolleyes:

Love

right, everything on hold here... :( I have a child with chicken pox and the other one wondering why he still has to go to school.....

Meanwhile, I now have a training programme of sorts to follow (found it in Zest magazine... 10 weeks to RFL - should work out perfectly!) so once I can sort out some child care I can get on with stuff again....

Hmmmm - I guess I can't call it a diary if I never post in it! Took me a while to find it.... pesky thing!

Oh well, getting things back on track now I think. Had a very busy week, lots of travelling and catching up with old friends.

Not had much chance to get out and run or even swim - 'pox child' being a bit clingy - doesnt help I had to be away two days this week I suppose (Thank god for Nanny - I knew my mother would come in useful someday....:rolleyes: )
Still, the boys will be happier tomorrow when Daddy comes home, and maybe I'll catch the gym open....

I'm still making lots of excuses why I can't exercise... need to look into that.....:eek:

Back