Debridgers' Food Diary & Ramblings

Well, a lovely couple of days in the van, we went to St Osyth near Clacton
Weather was fab, and we really relaxed, had takeaway both Sat & Sun, did a fair bit of walking, found several pubs to visit, and went to a boot fair too
I bought a blouse and a fleece for £4
and a brand new pair of patent looking red plimsolls for £3 with the label showing £20. I liked them, but I wouldn't have paid that price for them

Food hasn't been great, but could have been a whole lot worse

Sat
B: grapes
L: rf cheddar sandwich, piccalilli, tomato // peaches
D: cod, 3x saveloy, cod roe, 1/3 chips

Sun
Small Hot dog & onions
1 slice rf cheese & piccalilli sandwich
1 slice bread & jam
Cherries
Jacket potato, rf cheese & beans, side salad

Of course there was plenty of cider involved too!!

So I've changed my fast day to today, as I didn't have one Sunday, and I'm out for lunch Tuesday with some ex work colleagues - I already know where we're going, so I'll choose wisely before I go, although its a bit pricier than some pubs, but I'll probably have steak, we'll see.
Anyway, hope you all had a great weekend

Hello!!

I was interested in your food diary after you mentioned you did fasting too on another thread (didn't want to hijack other poster's thread!)

I think it's amazing you can go an entire day without food, I think I would be able to too but it's just the change in habit - I might try and do that in future for a little challenge.

Have you done fasting for long and how have you found it? Do you see much difference in your losses?

Well, a lovely couple of days in the van, we went to St Osyth near Clacton
Weather was fab, and we really relaxed, had takeaway both Sat & Sun, did a fair bit of walking, found several pubs to visit, and went to a boot fair too
I bought a blouse and a fleece for £4
and a brand new pair of patent looking red plimsolls for £3 with the label showing £20. I liked them, but I wouldn't have paid that price for them

Food hasn't been great, but could have been a whole lot worse

Sat
B: grapes
L: rf cheddar sandwich, piccalilli, tomato // peaches
D: cod, 3x saveloy, cod roe, 1/3 chips

Sun
Small Hot dog & onions
1 slice rf cheese & piccalilli sandwich
1 slice bread & jam
Cherries
Jacket potato, rf cheese & beans, side salad

Of course there was plenty of cider involved too!!

So I've changed my fast day to today, as I didn't have one Sunday, and I'm out for lunch Tuesday with some ex work colleagues - I already know where we're going, so I'll choose wisely before I go, although its a bit pricier than some pubs, but I'll probably have steak, we'll see.
Anyway, hope you all had a great weekend

Not too bad at all babe! Sounds like a good time was had... Nice to have you back...xx

Hello!!

I was interested in your food diary after you mentioned you did fasting too on another thread (didn't want to hijack other poster's thread!)

I think it's amazing you can go an entire day without food, I think I would be able to too but it's just the change in habit - I might try and do that in future for a little challenge.

Have you done fasting for long and how have you found it? Do you see much difference in your losses?

Hi, thanks for dropping in

I've been back onto SW since August 2012, and was doing fine 1-2lb a week, more than happy with that, then I watched the horizon programme eat, fast and live longer, which I found really interesting, so, after a lot of reading about fasting, thought I'd continue with SW, a healthy, long term eating plan, and fast 3 days a week, more for the health benefits than additional weight loss
So, from Aug - Nov on SW I lost 1.5 st, then since fasting I got to target in Jun with a total loss of just over 3.5 st.
Now trying to maintain, and apart from a really indulgent birthday week,(although still in target zone) I've lost or STS
I'm still fasting, and will cut it down to twice a week once I get below target again - need a couple of lbs leeway ;-)

When I decided to start, I knew from experience that once I started to eat, I felt hungrier
e.g. If I missed breakfast, I was fine until lunchtime, and didn't scoff everything that was in sight, but if I had breakfast, by lunchtime I'd be chewing my arm off lol
So, from day 1 (Sunday) I tried not to eat, don't get me wrong, I got through on determination alone, I thought that a day at work might be more difficult, so I took some low cal, syn free stuff with me, and again, determined not to eat them....after a couple of food free days it became a lot easier, I also really couldn't be bothered to count calories - one of the joys of SW.

I also understand that a 16hour or more fast has the most health benefits, so that, combined with the above is why I don't eat.

You're right, most of the time we eat out of habit, not necessity, " oh, it's lunchtime, time to eat"
Now, if I'm busy and miss lunch, and it's a couple of hours until dinner, I'll just wait, as I know the 'hunger' will pass.

If you decide to try, I'd say keep yourself busy, and drink loads, a lot of the time we mistake hunger for thirst...give it a go, you might surprise yourself

Good Luck

Well, a nice early start - 2 wash loads done and on the line, dinner in the slow cooker and about to start on brekkie, a nice 'fry-up'

Of out to lunch today, checked the menu, no jackets, but they do have a range of low cal meals, so, out of the choices, it will be either, prawn and asparagus with poached egg, Cajun chicken or steak, each served with a superfood salad - so, still made a sort of choice, but will decide on which of the 3 I fancy when I get there

Hope you all have a good day

Well, a nice early start - 2 wash loads done and on the line, dinner in the slow cooker and about to start on brekkie, a nice 'fry-up'

Of out to lunch today, checked the menu, no jackets, but they do have a range of low cal meals, so, out of the choices, it will be either, prawn and asparagus with poached egg, Cajun chicken or steak, each served with a superfood salad - so, still made a sort of choice, but will decide on which of the 3 I fancy when I get there

Enjoy your meal... It's good when there are better choices on the menu so you can semi stick to it... Have a lovely day and go you having the washing out already...xx

Enjoy your meal... It's good when there are better choices on the menu so you can semi stick to it... Have a lovely day and go you having the washing out already...xx

I'm sure I will thanks - looks like, except for the cider it'll be on plan,
Also looks like I'm gonna lose some of the 4lb birthday week too

Well, what a great day Tuesday, met up with ex colleagues from 2 different companies I've worked for
Lunch was planned, really tasty, but small portions, and not what I'd call value for money
So, after lunch, that left me hungry, I popped over to Canary Wharf, had some sushi, then went to another office, caught up with lots of people I haven't seen in ages, then went to the local bar, a couple more ciders, and home for stew I'd put on that morning

I received so many lovely comments, ranging from
I didn't recognise you until you spoke, up to you look sexier every time I see you, and many more in between - oh did I feel great or what, at long last I've started accepting compliments instead of shrugging them off.

I was lucky that one of the girls lives my way, so she gave me a lift home instead of waiting for 2 trains, that of course would have been poorly timed and taken me nearly 2 hours to get home

Food was pretty much on-plan or low syn, of course a few ciders were involved

Food was pretty much on-plan or low syn, of course a few ciders were involved

Wouldn't expect anything less :)
Sounds like a great day x

Ha, yeah, cold cider is a must
Forgot to add my food

Peach, Poached egg, bacon, Joes chipolatas, mushrooms, tomatoes, bread

Prawn, grilled asparagus superfood salad

Itsu salmon

Pork stew// toffee cheesecake, lf squirty cream

Well, Weds 17th was a fast day
Popped to Lidl to get more coffee as their offers change on a Thursday
So, another 10 jars at 40
Sat in the garden for a while
Went out for my 'Wednesday Waddle' with some of the girls from class, we did just over 4.5 miles, then stopped for a drink at the club (diet coke for me)
Home to change the bed as I'd stripped and washed it earlier and forgot to re-make it.

Today, I'm fasting until WI, then Ken and I are going to the Harvester for dinner and taking his wife too -she's a bit fed-up this week, so thought it'd be a nice change.

Well, as I said earlier, today is Lidl change day....bargain if the week (for us) Kens favourite beer is on special at 99p a bottle - 40 pints bought today!! I'm so not buying any the next few weeks lol - of course, that will include visitors quaffing it too!

Gotta go to job centre this afternoon, so will pop to Lakeside for a couple of hours before class, as its silly going there, coming back, to go there again tonight - they really could make life easier couldn't they??
Anyhow, have a good day all
Catch you later

Mine were mornings around 10-11ish
Last time they changed them to pm
I have a new advisor, and after I mentioned the timing thing, he booked my next one for 4:20 - perfect, I can go straight to class from there

Well, I went to Lakeside for M&S
Needed a bra fitting as I've changed a fair bit, blimey, was I wearing the wrong size or what??? Anyway, left happy with 3 new fitting bras, 6 pairs of knickers to match and 70 quid lighter, luckily I had a voucher so all ok

Of to class, bearing in mind I was 4lb up the week before, I lost 5lb this week -YAY
SO, I'm now at the lowest I can be as a free member, if I lose next week I'll have to pay (I think I get one weeks grace) but I'm thinking of lowering my target, it would only be another 4lb...will see how this week pans out

Dinner was at the Harvester, ate loads of salad, but did have butter in my rolls and a bit of dressing, they didn't have any jackets, so it was manky chips, of which I left most of - decided as I need a gain I had rib and chicken combo, and Ken said to have a couple of pints he'd drive, so I did ;-)

Today I've not done a lot, sat in the garden mainly, but I really should get some stuff done indoors, just feels daft to waste the weather

Back