Debridgers' Food Diary & Ramblings

Dinner last night was seafood paella, one of our favourites, even before SW, and so easy to make syn free

I did have a little piece of chocolate for a change, but, did refuse beer at work lol
Really want to be a couple of pounds under target

Had an early night, and got up really late this morning - must've needed the sleep I guess

A bit of pottering this morning, and another shift this afternoon

Fasting today, so lets hope tomorrows WI blesses me

Have a good day

Well, WI Thursday was great - 2.5lb off, so that takes 2.5lb under target
Bought some new boots and a jumper, bit of shopping and popped to Sainsburys for peanut hottie (not tried it yet)
After WI we went to the pub, far more local, well 5 min walk, really cheap, and ate there
Lasagne, garlic bread and shared some chips with Ken - a few beers great, home to watch the Masterchef final - I guessed right too

Today (Friday) proper grocery shop, a new cardigan, and some thin Lycra-type roll neck tops for work, I'm only allowed to wear black and white - all my new sizes have been brighter as I'm now more confident - hey ho, more money, but, I do buy cheaply

Night shift in the club, 7pm start, got home just before 1am

Been fasting today, so, looking coward to tomorrow's munchies

You are doing awesome babes!

Where are you working Deb? Hope you are well xx

Morning Ali, yes, I'm fine thanks, this dieting malarkey has finally paid off

Buying new stuff is enjoyable now, even have a few dresses lol, probably only worn 1 since I got married in 1990 (and that was a suit)

I'm working in a local community association behind the bar - I do a couple of set afternoon shifts a week, then a few functions as and when, pay isn't great, but generally it's fun, and I'm not just whittling down my redundancy - it's almost a year now, where has this year gone??

How's you and yours? All going well I hope x

Re: Debridgers' Food Diary & Ramblings

Morning Ali, yes, I'm fine thanks, this dieting malarkey has finally paid off

Buying new stuff is enjoyable now, even have a few dresses lol, probably only worn 1 since I got married in 1990 (and that was a suit)

I'm working in a local community association behind the bar - I do a couple of set afternoon shifts a week, then a few functions as and when, pay isn't great, but generally it's fun, and I'm not just whittling down my redundancy - it's almost a year now, where has this year gone??

How's you and yours? All going well I hope x

Kev is going to be doing similar at our community centre from next week... He won't be paid but it will give him something to do... xx

from the dark side with love

I'm back ;-)
Still at target (reduced one), still part SW & part fasting, enjoying my new found clothes freedom, even bought a few dresses lol

Hope everyone is well, will post on other threads shortly

You've done so well. Any pics of the new you? Wish I cud get head in gear esp the fasting bit but no food means I can even more stressy lol.

BTW - Did u get new bike gear? We went motorcycle live at NEC couple wks ago, but resisted anything new lol.

Kev is going to be doing similar at our community centre from next week... He won't be paid but it will give him something to do... xx

I'm lucky, I am getting paid, I've also become a member - 20quid a year for me, and a tenner for Ken (as he's an OAP) beers cheap - 2:60 so pretty good, it's a half mile up the road, so, could walk if necessary, although I wouldn't at 1am
Ken now plays snooker there, it's cheaper than we he was before, the table is about 100 times better, and it's dry and warm - plus of course he can have a pint as well.

Until last night, I've not had any agg, but it wasn't anything serious, just a stupid drunken woman whom I politely removed her own wine from, and advised she could have it when she left

Ho hum, you wouldn't take your own sarnies to a cafe would you??

Another late one tonight - gonna be really busy, at least time flies

You've done so well. Any pics of the new you? Wish I cud get head in gear esp the fasting bit but no food means I can even more stressy lol.

BTW - Did u get new bike gear? We went motorcycle live at NEC couple wks ago, but resisted anything new lol.

Thanks Claire, Mmmmmm, I'll find a couple of pics (and in a dress lol)

Actually, I found after the1st couple of fasts it was pretty easy, especially seeing the numbers on the scales go down

Nope, no new leathers yet, I vowed that I'd be at target for a year before buying any - just in case
1st target was end May, played for a month or so, and reduced if by another 7lb, and hit that one in August, so I've a little while to go yet.
Did you enjoy the NEC? Well done for resisting

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387036643.529789.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387036663.075756.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387036679.866370.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387036691.094507.jpg

A few piccies, woman of the year with my consultant Bev (September)

A posh frock for a posh do (October)

My Aunt and I went out shopping to buy a suit for this do, I noticed this blue dress, and commented that I liked it, she suggested I tried it on, I told her that I couldn't wear dresses as I was out of proportion, 10 bottoms and 16 top, she told me I was wrong, and to humour her
She gave me the 12 to put on and it fitted - oh wow, not only was I still buying too bigger tops until then, she also bought it as a well done gift - bless her

The others were taken at my nieces 21st in November, Ken and I, and my brother and I dancing,
That dress was bought as a long top to go with leggings several months earlier, then decided I didn't need leggings!!

I've also added me in red July 2012 ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1387037203.411771.jpg as you can see, my 2aunts and niece are well developed too, a family trait

Swit swoo hun. You look brill x

NEC was good - soooo many cool bikes, mark was in his element. We can't afford to hav his on road at mo so we desp trying to save some pennies to get it back on road. But least its winter so not just as tempting X

Re: Debridgers' Food Diary & Ramblings

View attachment 116583View attachment 116584View attachment 116585View attachment 116586

A few piccies, woman of the year with my consultant Bev (September)

A posh frock for a posh do (October)

My Aunt and I went out shopping to buy a suit for this do, I noticed this blue dress, and commented that I liked it, she suggested I tried it on, I told her that I couldn't wear dresses as I was out of proportion, 10 bottoms and 16 top, she told me I was wrong, and to humour her
She gave me the 12 to put on and it fitted - oh wow, not only was I still buying too bigger tops until then, she also bought it as a well done gift - bless her

The others were taken at my nieces 21st in November, Ken and I, and my brother and I dancing,
That dress was bought as a long top to go with leggings several months earlier, then decided I didn't need leggings!!

I've also added me in red July 2012 View attachment 116587 as you can see, my 2aunts and niece are well developed too, a family trait

Lovely pics... you look fantastic...xx

Well, busy week or so, extra hours at work, and been out a lot too
From my last reported WI, I've eaten at least one meal out 4 times that week, Last Monday and Wednesday (16th and 18th) been up to London for drinks and meals, 2 pub meals with Ken locally, then WI before Christmas had an epic gain of 5.5lbs, but thankfully I know it'll go, I don't normally go out that often, oh and of course TOTM didn't help - pretty pleased it was no more, as I'm just in target range - gonna have to be good straight after Christmas
After WI we had a party, we all took food in, and exchanged secret Santa gifts, and I swapped gifts with a girl there too

I didn't open mine until Christmas morning, the SS was a necklace, and my friend had blown up a photo of me getting woman f the year and framed it

Ken and I did our own thing yesterday day time, and spent the evening at his daughter in laws
By the end f the night, I tried on about half a dozen dresses quite amusing really

Anyway, best catch some sleep
Hope you all had a good one

Happy New Year Debs! Love love love the piccies! You have had such a good year ... hope 2014 is a fab one too! :)

Ditto ditto ditto x

Clare (changed my username as new start)

Last edited:
Another busy week - loads of shifts at work, including 7-2:30 NYE, a shift on NY day, Fri night function, and a few others too
Yesterday was another shift, then our staff night out - a couple of beers in the pub, then off to the Harvester for dinner, and back to the club for more drinkies....wow, good fun, but busy

Had WI last Thursday, and pleased that I actually lost over Christmas / New Year, last WI was 19Dec, so pretty pleased, it was only 1.5lb, so still 1.5 over target, but within my 6lb zone and won SOTW
Was funny, our C gave us the stats for our group - 40 weighers, group loss of 4lb, group gain 141 lb - huge amount, one person put on 13.5 wow, poor sod

Hopefully next week I'll be back at target,
Worked this afternoon (late stand-in, after getting a call this morning) and had a fast day
My Aunt may come over for a couple of days later in the week, as I'm only booked for Tues and Sat afternoon this week
So hopefully, all on track

Have decided that I should go back to the gym - haven't been for a few weeks, and need to get back into it again - so, tomorrow it is

Anyway, happy new year to everyone - here's hoping for everything you wish for

Deb x

Back