Debridgers' Food Diary & Ramblings

Thanks, I'm really pleased, just goes to show how fasting helps

I honestly don't think I could do it as much as you do! I semi-fast on a Sunday. I don't eat heavy carbs and mainly eat salad and fruit and drink water, but by Sunday i'm ravenous and can't wait until Monday morning after WI for food!

Well, I think a lot of it for me anyway is mind control...if I'm hungry I distract myself, maybe just making a cuppa, within 5-10 mins you've forgotten that you even felt hungry - and a lot of the time, it's not hunger, just slight dehydration.
I could do a 2 day fast now if necessary
It's just getting used to it

Friday 19Jul
Continued not to do a lot lol, just sat in the garden reading and relaxing
Of to the pub in the evening, this was our usual, but not so local these days.
They're really taking the mick with their prices, it's a bit daft really, it's a small village, that is a dead end, as it leads to a fort on the Thames, so, except for summer daytime, they don't get passing trade, most of the villagers don't use it, everyone else either drives or has a 30min walk, their prices are more expensive than in London - if they're not careful they won't have any trade at all.
Anyway, we don't use it as much now, in fact, we don't go out as frequently at all, so Fri night was the 1st time in a couple of weeks, it's nice to catch-up with people you haven't seen in a while.
Food was pretty good, bought some lovely trout from Lidl, beautiful.

Lunch: Peach, apricot

Dinner: Rainbow trout, jersey royals, broccoli, cauliflower, runner beans

Supper: cheese toastie -
2x800g seeded bread, (HEBx2) 40g rf cheddar(HEA), tomato

OK the bread was a bit of a tweak, but hey Ho

5 pints cider -50
Almond chocolate - 8.5

HEAx1 // HEBx2
Total daily syns - 58.5
Total weekly syns - 58.5

Mmmmm lovely food!!

That's one thing that has put me off being a generic 20 something year old - the price of going out!! I'd much rather put my money towards something worthwhile instead of a hangover! I just sit and think the price of a few drinks in a club would buy me a new lamp shade or something lol :D Old before my time I think :D

I make you right Boo, at one time we were out 3 times a week, only to a pub, now it's once a week, occasionally twice, obviously some weeks it's more, if there's something happening, birthdays, friends or family gathering, but just the two of us, we've cut down dramatically

Sat 20Jul
Not a great day, pottered about in the morning, and went to bed in the afternoon with a headache, had a couple of hours kip, and felt reasonably better - of course, having slept, I wasn't tired, so stayed up until about 2ish catching up on my recorded tv stuff

Brunch:
20g rf cheddar (3), tomato, onion,mushroom omelette, baked beans //
Nectarine, kiwi, strawberries, Greek mullerlight (0.5)

Snack: Apple, kiwi

Dinner: Lamb escalopes, new potatoes, carrot & swede mash, onions, mushroom and courgette stew //
Pudding rice (350ml skim milk HEA), raspberries

Supper:100g wholemeal roll (HEBx2), smoked salmon, cucumber, 2tbs LTL mayo (1)

HEAx1 // HEBx2
Total daily syns - 4.5
Total weekly syns - 63

Sun 21Jul
Well, felt a bit blurrrgh today, really off colour and not really with it, had a light, dull headache in the background - which I assumed had something to do with the weather, but Mother Nature has visited, so, it's more likely that, so, all in all, ice it really done anything today, except cooking and washing-up
Tried an early night, but that's not working either...even brought a milky drink to bed

Brunch, poached eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes on toasted 1x800g seeded bread (HEB1), **tweak alert**

Snacks : Apples, 2xhi-Fi light (HEB2)

Dinner: Boiled bacon, mashed potato, pease pudding, carrot & swede mash, cauliflower, brussel spouts, processed peas

Supper: 250ml semi-skim (HEA), highlights (2), hi-Fi (6)

HEAx1 // HEBx2
Total Daily syns : 8
Total weekly syns : 71

Sun 21Jul
Well, felt a bit blurrrgh today, really off colour and not really with it, had a light, dull headache in the background - which I assumed had something to do with the weather, but Mother Nature has visited, so, it's more likely that, so, all in all, ice it really done anything today, except cooking and washing-up
Tried an early night, but that's not working either...even brought a milky drink to bed

Brunch, poached eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes on toasted 1x800g seeded bread (HEB1), **tweak alert**

Snacks : Apples, 2xhi-Fi light (HEB2)

Dinner: Boiled bacon, mashed potato, pease pudding, carrot & swede mash, cauliflower, brussel spouts, processed peas

Supper: 250ml semi-skim (HEA), highlights (2), hi-Fi (6)

HEAx1 // HEBx2
Total Daily syns : 8
Total weekly syns : 71

Mother Nature is a ***** she decended on me while I was at the BBQ on Saturday... Great eh? I hope you feel a bit better today Debs...xx

Mon 22Jul - fasting

What a day, hanging around all day with the double glazing man, he was here from 10-3, but at least I have nice clear windows now, from here I went to Kens' wife's place, as she was getting some replaced too, I even helped the bloke, anyhow, she had her son over for dinner, so served Ken a meal too, makes it easier for me on a fast day, and no washing up for Ken!!

Bit of a slow, un-eventful day really

Ok to subscribe?
I started fasting/SW combo last Monday as I really needed to boost the last few lbs off! Going well so far :)

Thanks!
Been struggling to get last few off but already lost 1.5 last week and have 6 to go..
I already found 3rd fast easier than the first - do they continue to get easier? Been having about 600 cals on fast days.

Thats really good to know.
I've been finding the day after a fast really odd - remembering I can actually eat food! I only usually snack on fruit and veg (SW drilled into my head!) anyway, and I am following SW too - I just find it a really healthy way to eat and I know I can maintain if I roughly stick to plan so I think it's a good thing to keep up. Even 1.5 a week off I'll be at target in a month, and I have just spent the last three months essentially maintaining (or stuck depending on which way you look at it!).

Re: Debridgers' Food Diary & Ramblings

I'm back ;-)
Still at target (reduced one), still part SW & part fasting, enjoying my new found clothes freedom, even bought a few dresses lol

Hope everyone is well, will post on other threads shortly

Nice to see you back posting...xx

from the dark side with love

Back