Debs Diary - This time or Bust!

Hellooo :)

On a lot of your days you don't seem to be using many syns. Could you maybe plan your day, and as part of it plan a nice chocolatey snack or something for the evening that is within your syn allowance? I try to use 10-15 syns a day, and look forward to my snack. I get a treat and I'm staying on plan, it's great! And it stops me giving in after dinner.

I'm the same as you I only have a book from 2007!! So only red & green day info. I'm doing mostly red & green but am doing some EE days too though, it seems more convenient sometimes. I believe super free foods are fruit & veg that are free on both red and green days. Have a look at - & - for more info on it.

And good luck! You're doing well :D

xx

Hellooo :)

On a lot of your days you don't seem to be using many syns. Could you maybe plan your day, and as part of it plan a nice chocolatey snack or something for the evening that is within your syn allowance? I try to use 10-15 syns a day, and look forward to my snack. I get a treat and I'm staying on plan, it's great! And it stops me giving in after dinner.

I'm the same as you I only have a book from 2007!! So only red & green day info. I'm doing mostly red & green but am doing some EE days too though, it seems more convenient sometimes. I believe super free foods are fruit & veg that are free on both red and green days. Have a look at - & - for more info on it.

And good luck! You're doing well :D

xx

Thanks loulou19 _ I'll check out the info as see if I can plan some meals - had opticians appt today so had to have a Tescos Light lunch Egg and Cress sandwich not sure how many syns that is or whether I count it as (hxb and the egg as free)?

Also had a bag of quavers from multi pack so those are 5 syns but did buy some Tescos Cheese curls as those are lower in syns.

Not sure whats for Dinner though. but think I need to get me head down and plan.

Thanks for taking the time to look through my FD much appreciated

Wow thats alot of info to take in, but I am armed now.

With the recipes I have taken from the SW mags I am going to try and plan the next couple of days.

Thansk again loulou19.

Kats

xxx

Aw ok it's hard to get your head round at first sure you'll get used to it soon have a good week x x

Going to try and plan the next few days meals as loulou19 has suggested (hopefully I can get my head round it)

You have agood week too.

Thansk

Kats

xx

Morning all,

Ok worked out my food shopping for Nov and I spent way too much. So I will be mainly eating out of the freezer.

So Saturday I will be making a list of whats in the freezer and planning my meals round that - i cannot afford t
the bill I had last month.....

Bkft: Weetabix x 2 (hxb), Skimmed milk (hxa), 5 grapes (free)

Snack: Melon and grapes (free)

Lunch: Carrot and BNS Soup homemade (free), salad (free) boiled eggs (free) - might have tuna with this not sure yet.
ML yogurt (free)

Dinner: Carrot and BNS Soup (free) Bread roll (hxb)

Syns:

Tesco Cheese curls are these 3.5 syns or 4?
Costas hot choc made with skimmed milk - 6 syns

Soup tastes too carrotie not sure what I can do too make it nicer. perhaps add an onion?

Exercise tonight: 45mins of spinning.

Kats

xx

Good morning!

You're very welcome :) I find planning ahead a little makes life soo much easier. It's annoying that food works out to so expensive though, I find meat expensive so I like green days more!

A light egg & cress sandwich is 14 syns, if the bread was wholemeal you can -6 syns and use it as a HEb. And the cheese curls are 3.5 - might have to get myself some of these!

xx

Last edited:
Good morning!

You're very welcome :) I find planning ahead a little makes life soo much easier. It's annoying that food works out to so expensive though, I find meat expensive so I like green days more!

A light egg & cress sandwich is 14 syns, if the bread was wholemeal you can -6 syns and use it as a HEb. And the cheese curls are 3.5 - might have to get myself some of these!

xx

Thanks for that. So not a bad yesterday then - cool. today I slipped up and had a small choc eclair but thats 7.5 so with my cheese curls at 3.5 = 11 syns plus my Costa Hot Choc which I believe is 6 syns I will check mag tonite. total syns 17 - 2 over but then not had loads all week.

Carrot and BNS Soup was ok
Had tuna in with salad for today - so its a red day today.
and I have soup tonite after exercise with WM roll that will be my second hxb.

Think I might be getting the hang of this - got my bible by my side soi if I'm not sure I check.

Thanks for your help.

Kats

xx

Ok yesterday went well

So food for today missus and no adding anything do you hear!

Bkft: wholemeal roll (hxb) Bacon all fat cut off - (free)
Snack: Apple (free)
Lunch: BNS Soup, salad, Egg and Tuna
Snack: Satuma
Dinner: Think I'll probably eat rest of bacon and have eggy bread and mushrooms if I have time.

Syns:

Cheese curls 3.5
Alpen Light 3
Total 6.5 so far.

Going into shops again today but only buying what I need nothing else!....we on a tight budget and its christmas, so its make do....(who am I kidding)

Kats

Your eats today sound good! Did you manage to get to the shops and only buy what you needed? I'm the worst person ever for picking up bits and pieces that I don't need !

Have a good night xx

looking good last few days well done you ;)

im terrible for food shopping i only buy for me and my mum eats some stuff and im looking at about 60 pound a week if not more ooops i throw things away constantly. trying to kurb it lol x

Back