• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Decided to do Exante

ladybird777

Silver Member
Thats good then. I've not been on the Boots ones here.

Todayfood so far :-

Porridge
honeycomb shake
low carb bread with an egg on it and a scrapping of peanut butter.
Probably have a bar later to keep me going while the morning. I have to do an antibody test tomorrow at the crack of dawn

Dolly Rocker

Gold Member
I do love the bars but try to keep them to a minimum.

I've still got 3 shakes to have today so gonna have one now, I am starving!!!

Aw really, least you will know one way or the other.

ladybird777

Silver Member
I think am still eating too much on 800 calories a day now. -1lb lost weigh in today. ..possibly.... it depends where the scales are. Other parts of the bathroom floor report a 5 pound gain which I refuse to believe. Noone could gain on what I've eaten all week. That's dire considering how hungry I am all the time. I've calculated I've lost 24 lb altogether in 5 weeks and 4 of those weeks on Exante I lost 12lb and only 5 pound of that in the last 3 weeks. The other 12lb I lost in one week intermittant fasting when I ate much more and normal food but at less frequent intervals. If this has slowed to 1 lb a week it isn't worth the pain. Possible causes is my body is hanging onto the fat cos am not eating enough. I think I am too active as well so I get starving hungry. Not much I can do about that tho. I don't understand why the bars are not good for the weight loss when the products all have similar calories. I only have one a day anyway. The clock is ticking. I had a mini goal of being in the 11's by Christmas and that won't happen at this rate.

Dolly Rocker

Gold Member
Is it just steps you do in a day or do you do proper exercise?

I walk every day but right now that is all I do, I get in 12k steps a day and I had to go up to 1,000 calories a day for the weight to start coming off. On the 800 I wasn't losing at all.

Try that and see if it works.

My losses are slowing now but if I look at the bigger picture counting what I see on the scales this morning I have lost 77lbs since mid April so it really does work.

ladybird777

Silver Member
Is it just steps you do in a day or do you do proper exercise?

I walk every day but right now that is all I do, I get in 12k steps a day and I had to go up to 1,000 calories a day for the weight to start coming off. On the 800 I wasn't losing at all.

Try that and see if it works.

My losses are slowing now but if I look at the bigger picture counting what I see on the scales this morning I have lost 77lbs since mid April so it really does work.
I walk miles during a shift and I have to walk fast. I get quite out of breathe. I also walk on the beach when the weather is nice and that means going up and down steep hills to get down there and back. I calculated my TDEE today and to maintain my current weight I'd have to eat 2,116 based on moderate exercise 3-5days a week and to lose a 1lb a week I can eat 1,600. I eat nowhere near that. So I think you are right and I'll try 1,000 a day and see what happens with that. If I am still sts, gaining or not losing it will be back to intermittant fasting. I'll use the products on the fast day. I think your losses are slower cos you are near goal. That last 10 lbs is a prat to shift.

In good news I got jeans on today I've not worn for ages cos I was too big for them and it is obvious now am not wearing baggy clothes that I've lost inches if not weight.

Last edited:

ladybird777

Silver Member
Just looked back on my old IF diary and worked out I lost approx 2lb pound a month IF. I was happy with that as well. I lost 64lb -72lb but it took me over 2 years. Even allowing for gains and having to re start going by that Exante is much quicker, even at 1lb a week. So even if I only lose 1 lb a week it will only take me a year to do what I did in 2 IF. :)

ladybird777

Silver Member
Todays food:-

cinnamon swirl shake
porridge with few banana slices
Exante bar
small piece of vegan cheese and a tomato

3 litre of sugar free squash.

I think having protein as my extra calories will work best.

ladybird777

Silver Member
I had a sneaky weigh today as I actually felt lighter. I seem to have had a bit of a whoosh as the scales were at 13.4. That means I actually lost 3lb. in just over a week. Am not recording it cos I know that it varies so we'll see next week. I feel more confident this will work well now am eating a bit more and I am
hoping to get in the early 12's by Christmas so I've a buffer for the holiday. Thanks for the support Dolly :)

Last edited:

ladybird777

Silver Member
Home from work. Looks like we 're opening full time from week after next. I am dreading it. Am only just managing part time as things are. I am not sure we will get the foot fall to justify it either but we'll see. I ma having a sweet potato and salad soon cos I've been racing around on no food for 6 hours. It takes me to 20g of carbs but I wont have a replacement to off set it.

ladybird777

Silver Member
Had half a potato in the end as I got full. Total carbs around 10 gs.
A chocolate orange bar.

It's been a tough week and am resisting opening wine meant for Christmas.

Last edited:

ladybird777

Silver Member
I managed to resist wine. I had a small piece of vegan cheese and two slices of low carb bread.

Today I had a caramel biscuit shake and I made lemon pancakes but they were disgusting. I could really taste the sweetener.

ladybird777

Silver Member
Yes I think you are right. I have done by about 200. I had another replacement last night and today I have had a 400 cal meal so far. I went shopping and bought a skirt that is too small but not by much. It was buy a 16 or buy a 12 cos that was all they had and I fell in love with it. So I bought the 12. Determined to be in it at Christmas.

Dolly Rocker

Gold Member
You can do this! I've bought a load of goal outfits over the years and never fit into any of them.

This year it is happening though - 100%

How are you feeling today?

ladybird777

Silver Member
Hi Dolly

Am fine today thanks. I hope you are. I am going to try the skirt on until it fits. I reckon another stone should do it. If I get in it by Christmas I have a lacy top and leggings and boots to wear with it. It's a Joe Brown one and was over half price.

Todays food:-

Porridge so far

Dolly Rocker

Gold Member
Fab, love a bargain.

I bought a size 12 skirt from the Debenhams sale, now it goes on but it is wayyyyyyy too tight so I'd say another month and I'll be in that too.

Got a new pair of size 12 jeans on today! I am thrilled to bits.