Decided to do Exante

Thanks Dolly :) Am glad I measured even tho I only remembered after I lost 12lb cos the scales downward trend is slow considering how little I am eating now. Scales are weird. It depends where we put them in our bathroom.

Scales are weird.

I try to keep mine in the same spot.

Boots and mine are within 1lb of each other anyway so we're all good.

Thats good then. I've not been on the Boots ones here.

Todayfood so far :-

Porridge
honeycomb shake
low carb bread with an egg on it and a scrapping of peanut butter.
Probably have a bar later to keep me going while the morning. I have to do an antibody test tomorrow at the crack of dawn

I do love the bars but try to keep them to a minimum.

I've still got 3 shakes to have today so gonna have one now, I am starving!!!

Aw really, least you will know one way or the other.

I think am still eating too much on 800 calories a day now. -1lb lost weigh in today. ..possibly.... it depends where the scales are. Other parts of the bathroom floor report a 5 pound gain which I refuse to believe. Noone could gain on what I've eaten all week. That's dire considering how hungry I am all the time. I've calculated I've lost 24 lb altogether in 5 weeks and 4 of those weeks on Exante I lost 12lb and only 5 pound of that in the last 3 weeks. The other 12lb I lost in one week intermittant fasting when I ate much more and normal food but at less frequent intervals. If this has slowed to 1 lb a week it isn't worth the pain. Possible causes is my body is hanging onto the fat cos am not eating enough. I think I am too active as well so I get starving hungry. Not much I can do about that tho. I don't understand why the bars are not good for the weight loss when the products all have similar calories. I only have one a day anyway. The clock is ticking. I had a mini goal of being in the 11's by Christmas and that won't happen at this rate.

Is it just steps you do in a day or do you do proper exercise?

I walk every day but right now that is all I do, I get in 12k steps a day and I had to go up to 1,000 calories a day for the weight to start coming off. On the 800 I wasn't losing at all.

Try that and see if it works.

My losses are slowing now but if I look at the bigger picture counting what I see on the scales this morning I have lost 77lbs since mid April so it really does work.

Is it just steps you do in a day or do you do proper exercise?

I walk every day but right now that is all I do, I get in 12k steps a day and I had to go up to 1,000 calories a day for the weight to start coming off. On the 800 I wasn't losing at all.

Try that and see if it works.

My losses are slowing now but if I look at the bigger picture counting what I see on the scales this morning I have lost 77lbs since mid April so it really does work.
I walk miles during a shift and I have to walk fast. I get quite out of breathe. I also walk on the beach when the weather is nice and that means going up and down steep hills to get down there and back. I calculated my TDEE today and to maintain my current weight I'd have to eat 2,116 based on moderate exercise 3-5days a week and to lose a 1lb a week I can eat 1,600. I eat nowhere near that. So I think you are right and I'll try 1,000 a day and see what happens with that. If I am still sts, gaining or not losing it will be back to intermittant fasting. I'll use the products on the fast day. I think your losses are slower cos you are near goal. That last 10 lbs is a prat to shift.

In good news I got jeans on today I've not worn for ages cos I was too big for them and it is obvious now am not wearing baggy clothes that I've lost inches if not weight.

Last edited:
I'll try Dolly.:) It's hard to up calories when I have spent so much time counting everyone but the worst that can happen is I'll gain and I might lose :)

Just looked back on my old IF diary and worked out I lost approx 2lb pound a month IF. I was happy with that as well. I lost 64lb -72lb but it took me over 2 years. Even allowing for gains and having to re start going by that Exante is much quicker, even at 1lb a week. So even if I only lose 1 lb a week it will only take me a year to do what I did in 2 IF. :)

Todays food:-

cinnamon swirl shake
porridge with few banana slices
Exante bar
small piece of vegan cheese and a tomato

3 litre of sugar free squash.

I think having protein as my extra calories will work best.

I had a sneaky weigh today as I actually felt lighter. I seem to have had a bit of a whoosh as the scales were at 13.4. That means I actually lost 3lb. in just over a week. Am not recording it cos I know that it varies so we'll see next week. I feel more confident this will work well now am eating a bit more and I am
hoping to get in the early 12's by Christmas so I've a buffer for the holiday. Thanks for the support Dolly :)

Last edited:
Home from work. Looks like we 're opening full time from week after next. I am dreading it. Am only just managing part time as things are. I am not sure we will get the foot fall to justify it either but we'll see. I ma having a sweet potato and salad soon cos I've been racing around on no food for 6 hours. It takes me to 20g of carbs but I wont have a replacement to off set it.

Had half a potato in the end as I got full. Total carbs around 10 gs.
A chocolate orange bar.

It's been a tough week and am resisting opening wine meant for Christmas.

Last edited:
I managed to resist wine. I had a small piece of vegan cheese and two slices of low carb bread.

Today I had a caramel biscuit shake and I made lemon pancakes but they were disgusting. I could really taste the sweetener.

Yes I think you are right. I have done by about 200. I had another replacement last night and today I have had a 400 cal meal so far. I went shopping and bought a skirt that is too small but not by much. It was buy a 16 or buy a 12 cos that was all they had and I fell in love with it. So I bought the 12. Determined to be in it at Christmas.

You can do this! I've bought a load of goal outfits over the years and never fit into any of them.

This year it is happening though - 100%

How are you feeling today?

Hi Dolly

Am fine today thanks. I hope you are. I am going to try the skirt on until it fits. I reckon another stone should do it. If I get in it by Christmas I have a lacy top and leggings and boots to wear with it. It's a Joe Brown one and was over half price.

Todays food:-

Porridge so far

Fab, love a bargain.

I bought a size 12 skirt from the Debenhams sale, now it goes on but it is wayyyyyyy too tight so I'd say another month and I'll be in that too.

Got a new pair of size 12 jeans on today! I am thrilled to bits.

Back