Decided to do Exante

Well done on another amazing loss!

Thanks Dolly

That response from Exante wasn't the best was it.
No it wasn't. Am not impressed with them. I am on a group in which loads of people have problems with the products regarding stomach issues too. I've seen another company that does vegan shakes and bars I might got with instead.

Last edited:
What's the name of the other company?

I've had to email Exante a couple of times about issues and they aren't exactly the best.

I might be able to sell them. I'll see. I decided to give them a rest for the day and I have 2 quorn sausages with roasted veg on spinach with some nutritional yeast. I feel better now:)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling well. I don't get on well with too much dairy either but it's not agonising like that. On Cambridge there's just I think 5 lactose free products, 3 shakes, a soup and spaghetti bolognese. I didn't like the soup but the shakes are yummy. I haven't tried the spag bol yet.

I tried the vegan chocolate shake from the fast 800 diet and I really didn't like it. Vegan slim fast is ok, I think have you tried it? I just don't find it quite as filling as Cambridge

I had a look.They do 2 vegan products which are strawberry and blueberry burst and mint chocolate shake mix. The rest of the vegan vitality range have milk in them. It's better then nothing tho. :)

I decided I can make vegan shakes in my blender and much cheaper I have all the stuff in my cupboards to make low calorie ones so am going to do that. Today tho I made hummus in my blender which is about 70 calories for two tablespoons...just chickpeas , lemon juice, tomato puree, salt and cayenne pepper blended with water, not oil and I am having that with a plate of raw vegs and half a low carb wrap.It's something to snack on all evening too which is my achilles heel time.

Last edited:
I love hummus. My only problem though is that I buy it out the shop and eat the whole tub with a packet of ritz crackers. Well should I say I used to do that.

It's so easy to make, I need to get a blender so I can make stuff like that.

Are you in Instagram, there is a page on there that has lovely smoothie recipes.

Yes Ioved it a bit too much before to. I never made it until now but I have a you tube sub to a woman in the US who makes vegan smoothies, among loads of other dishes. Hummus was one of them. I thought ooh.... I have chick peas so might as well try it. Thanks. I have an instagram account if I can remember how to log in lol. I just had an aborted attempt at making the maple pancakes. Think half cooked Yorkshire puddings with burned bits. 🤮 Utterly tasteless and vile tbh. The biggest success today was ds beef stew and dumplings done in my instant pot. All on warm for when he gets home. It literally took 30 minutes. At least someone is getting fed.

Decided to do a pros and cons of Exante. This is only my opinion and based on my experience but it may be helpful to some. I have only been doing this for. 2.5 weeks.

Pros:-

It does get the weight off...no doubt. I have lost 1 stone 5lb in the first two weeks.

It's takes the guesswork out of eating. You know if you have had 4 replacements you've had 800 calories.

It's quick. Minimal cooking....basically the only thing needs cooking is the pancake mix. The rest is microwave or hot or cold water.

The items arrive quickly tho some would beg to differ on the forums I have read.

It's good if you have a lot to lose and want it off quickly

Cons:-

Exante customer service is pretty dire. I believe this is cos they have hundreds of people buying their products and they don't actually have to be nice.

The replacements seem to cause huge bowel and stomach issues for everyone. People accept this in the main as part of the pain of getting slim but I do wonder what is in the stuff we are eating to cause the issues most seem to have.

On the stomach issues theme. If you work with the public Exante is not for you. Not unless noone minds you farting all day long in an enclosed space. I know we have to wear masks at the moment but even so......

If you are lactose intolerant don't buy it either. They have a very limited range of vegan shakes which they told me are not popular so they are not expanding the range to other foods... I have suffered greatly eating the products as they all have lactose in them. :oops:

Everything is way too sweet. It is concerning to me that I am getting so used to such over sweetness I think an apple is sour.

It's expensive. Even with offer codes.

I am not sure how to get off the replacements and have noticed people find it is very hard to maintain once back on normal food. I have seen many, many restarters on the forum who seem to go through cycles of losing loads and gaining loads back. I know the same can be said about any diet but it seems to be quicker to put it all back with this one. It's not a lifestyle diet so sooner or later I have to decide what to do next.

I have yet to feel energised. I actually feel terrible.I feel fine intermittant fasting so it's not the low calories that is the problem.

It does not fit in with any sort of normal life.

Last edited:
Same with most of those.

I seem to be one of the lucky ones that hasn't had any severe tummy issues so I'm very thankful for that.

You are right that a lot of people gain the weight back pretty quickly but I think that is mainly to do with going back to eating how they did before or not really concentrating on the calorie counting, I know I did this before and defo won't be doing that again. I've put too much effort into losing this weight this time to let myself slip back into those old bad habits.

It's just a lifelong struggle that I need to accept I think, I've come to terms with it so just need to figure out the whole maintenance when I get there.

I had an epiphany and decided to buy lactase tablets. My dd uses them occasionally so she can eat things she can't usually have. If they work I can carry on with Exante. I won't be buying the meals tho. They are too grim. lol No work today as we all got stood down as half the crew are off with Covid symptoms and have to have a test. I am not impressed that I could end up being in another 14 day isolation after I only finished 14 days isolation 2 weeks ago.

Today so far I've had two mugs of tea and a lemon cheesecake shake made with crushed ice. It was nice tbh. Weigh in tomorrow.

That's a good idea. Hopefully they help.

Oh what a nightmare. We're just waiting on the update for Scotland, think Glasgow will be going back into a lockdown. Might actually cry.

Back