Del Monte Frozen Pineapple Sticks

babybloo

Extra Easy Apparently...!
I bought these yesterday under the assumption that they would be free as they are '100% frozen pineapple, nothing added' but according to the magazine they are 1.5 syns. Why is this? I've always got frozen berries in the freezer and have never counted syns for them as they are 100% fruit- should I be synning this?

I have these and syn them, dont know why but who are we to questions them that make up the rules !!! they are lovely but it doesnt make sense does it !

It didn't make sense to me but I checked the calories in case they were high but they are only 27 cals a stick and you couldn't eat more than one anyway. I don't mind sinning for them but I just wanted to get my head around the logic!

They are probably blended in some way, so as with any fruit, if you blend it, you syn it.

I got them in the freezer section in Tesco. They're def not blended - they are like a chunk of pineapple with a stick through the middle and frozen. Makes a good 'fake' ice lolly.

if they aren't blended do they have preservatives on them? Like microwave plain basmati rice packets - SOOO not free food. Just plain rice though.

According to the label they are just 100% pineapple, frozen. Can't see why they should have syns.

Vixxster - re the rice, check the packet. Some of them have oil in them.

Back