Del Monte Pinapple Chunks

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Sarah-Jayne, 24 June 2009.

1. Sarah-Jayne

Sarah-Jayne Well-Known Member

Im confused...

Why does Del Monte Pineapple Chunks in own juice be 3.5 syns ger 100g?? I thought it was a nautural and free product?

Luckly I havnt opened it yet!
  2. jaylou

jaylou Well-Known Member

I don't know why tinned fruit in juice is synned. Even if you don't have the juice! I have a tin of grapefruit in the cupboard which I haven't opened as I don't like having to syn it!!
    I think the syns are because of the juice, I've looked in the book and it says if you use it as a HEX choice the weights include the juice. I wonder what it is drained?

Even more confused now!
  3. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Being completely honest, I never syn tinned fruit! I know this is not strictly SW but common sense has to apply! It's like having a baked apple- I refuse to syn it- it's just an apple, for God's sake!

4. Sarah-Jayne

I know! It seems really silly but I am trying to be really strict with myself and go by the book lol. Maybe i will eat it and syn it as tonight's snack in replacement of my Jaffa Cakes lol.
  5. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Sorry- Jaffa cakes would win every day! lol
  6. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

It's something to do with natural occurring sugars, I can't remember off the top of my head. I shall do some research and come back with a truthful, but stupid answer!

I've always said, if you use any food as syn-free and loose carry on, if your weight loss suffers then maybe start syning!
  7. Sarah-Jayne

I would prefer Jaffa Cakes but ive bought this stupid tin of pineapple now so it would go to waste lol

Thanks Squiddie!
  8. Beki

Beki Well-Known Member

does that mean if i eat a chocolate bar tonight and lose weight tomorrow, i can start counting chocolate as a free food?! :D *crosses fingers* :rotflmao:
  9. Sarah-Jayne

LOL I like your thinking Beki
  10. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

Try it see what happens ;)
  11. Sarah-Jayne

Im too scared to not syn it lol
  12. Sarah-Jayne

Need some advice please! Shall I syn this pinapple or not???? I'm eating it now!!!!!!!
  13. Sarah-Jayne

Anyone? Sorry! Just wanna start writing my dary for the day and needing something else to eat as im still hungry lol
  14. clare82

clare82 Well-Known Member

I reckon, if in doubt, syn it, then it can't do any harm. I know you've probably eaten it now though!
  15. squiddie

squiddie Starting Again!

The book says; per 100g 3.5