Del Monte Pinapple Chunks

Sarah-Jayne

Gold Member
Im confused...

Why does Del Monte Pineapple Chunks in own juice be 3.5 syns ger 100g?? I thought it was a nautural and free product?

Luckly I havnt opened it yet!

I don't know why tinned fruit in juice is synned. Even if you don't have the juice! I have a tin of grapefruit in the cupboard which I haven't opened as I don't like having to syn it!!
I think the syns are because of the juice, I've looked in the book and it says if you use it as a HEX choice the weights include the juice. I wonder what it is drained?

Even more confused now!

Being completely honest, I never syn tinned fruit! I know this is not strictly SW but common sense has to apply! It's like having a baked apple- I refuse to syn it- it's just an apple, for God's sake!

lol

I know! It seems really silly but I am trying to be really strict with myself and go by the book lol. Maybe i will eat it and syn it as tonight's snack in replacement of my Jaffa Cakes lol.

It's something to do with natural occurring sugars, I can't remember off the top of my head. I shall do some research and come back with a truthful, but stupid answer!

I've always said, if you use any food as syn-free and loose carry on, if your weight loss suffers then maybe start syning!

I would prefer Jaffa Cakes but ive bought this stupid tin of pineapple now so it would go to waste lol

Thanks Squiddie!

I've always said, if you use any food as syn-free and loose carry on, if your weight loss suffers then maybe start syning!

does that mean if i eat a chocolate bar tonight and lose weight tomorrow, i can start counting chocolate as a free food?! :D *crosses fingers* :rotflmao:

Anyone? Sorry! Just wanna start writing my dary for the day and needing something else to eat as im still hungry lol

I reckon, if in doubt, syn it, then it can't do any harm. I know you've probably eaten it now though!

Back