DELETE PLEASE

We also had a halloween quiz with syn values etc. Very interesting, and next week its soup tasters. Mmmm :)

same here! halloween quiz..it was 17 questions.. i never thought it was going to end!! i was really suprised at my first meeting that the C goes round the whole group and talks about their weight loss or gain e.g so sandy you put on 3lbs this week what went wrong?'... i near fell off my seat.. i used to do ww and they would never pick someone out like that.. to be honest i find the meetings boring siting for a good 20 mins while she goes around the group before getting onto anything else

lilminx said:
same here! halloween quiz..it was 17 questions.. i never thought it was going to end!! i was really suprised at my first meeting that the C goes round the whole group and talks about their weight loss or gain e.g so sandy you put on 3lbs this week what went wrong?'... i near fell off my seat.. i used to do ww and they would never pick someone out like that.. to be honest i find the meetings boring siting for a good 20 mins while she goes around the group before getting onto anything else

No one is picked out, this is the slimming world way!!!! Everyone takes a turn unless they specifically ask not to be included.

No one is picked out, this is the slimming world way!!!! Everyone takes a turn unless they specifically ask not to be included.

I prefer the sw way, I've done ww and rc before and they don't speak to anyone unless its about a great loss or something x

My C never says how much someones gained she'd rather u said it if ur happy to share! Yeah it does take a while but at least everyone gets a chance to speak n share stuff! Bugbare is people leaving as soon as theyve had their turn. Think its rude when they do it every wk especially when they walk off with sotw bag of goodies!

You can ask your C to miss you out, some at my class do, one woman asks not to be told how she has done at the scales every week , the C and the member of the social team weighing knows how shes done and thats it.

If someone is not comfortable talking they just say pass and she moves on . I find it helpful talking/listening to others, as this is where you can pick up tips/hints especially from people who are having constant good losses every week.

Tonight we did a little halloween quiz with C passing out chocolate eclairs for a correct answer lol - I gave mine away as I dont like them. We also discussed why people felt so down/deflated last week. I think its the dark nights, the weather and as mentioned on another post, there aren't as many people staying to class these days.

My C never says how much someones gained she'd rather u said it if ur happy to share! Yeah it does take a while but at least everyone gets a chance to speak n share stuff! Bugbare is people leaving as soon as theyve had their turn. Think its rude when they do it every wk especially when they walk off with sotw bag of goodies!

OH do they! Can honestly say in 2 years I have been going to group that has never happened. And I always stay for IT! Yes it is rude, I agree. If someone has a gain our c say ......... xyz has had a little gain, but has lost 123 whatever total. We then clap the loss overall. I think thats nice.

We never seem to do any specific topics! She goes around the room asking people how they did and if they had a big loss then what they did to get that this week...it always overruns...the best bit actually is talking to the other members just chatting not really the bit where the consultant speaks to the group.

You can ask your C to miss you out, some at my class do, one woman asks not to be told how she has done at the scales every week , the C and the member of the social team weighing knows how shes done and thats it.

If someone is not comfortable talking they just say pass and she moves on . I find it helpful talking/listening to others, as this is where you can pick up tips/hints especially from people who are having constant good losses every week.

Tonight we did a little halloween quiz with C passing out chocolate eclairs for a correct answer lol - I gave mine away as I dont like them. We also discussed why people felt so down/deflated last week. I think its the dark nights, the weather and as mentioned on another post, there aren't as many people staying to class these days.

Well I go to a lunchtime group, and this is becomming very very busy, ie 64 through the door on Monday! We try to get the queues down as quickly as possible, and we had about 25 stay. Its much busier than it used to be. :)

The class I used to attend only around 10 people stayed to class and I was always the same people.
now I've joined a different class I'm amazed at how different it is and how many people stay, it's so much better xxx

I really don't want to join another class as the C who runs mine is really good and supports everyone 100% - it just seems a shame as she puts so much effort into her classes

I know, a good c always puts in so much work. Mine is great, and I feel for her sometimes if attendance is low. And then people moan that they didnt know this that and the other. The answer is stay to group if you can, thats basically what your£4.95 is for, and the online support of course. I know its not always possible though, but I know a lot of people just dont want to stay. :(

That's what I always say too, your not just paying to get weighed its all the support and effort that goes with it. I have never walked out after being weighed there is no point. The woman next to me lost 4lbs this week, she was gobsmacked cos she didnt know how she had done it, her words to the C when asked "how has your week been and what have you done different" - answer " I dont know, I can't follow slimming world all my life, I like my food too much and never think about syns" , following this, " well ive had cake, milk tray, wine ) arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dismay

That's what I always say too, your not just paying to get weighed its all the support and effort that goes with it. I have never walked out after being weighed there is no point. The woman next to me lost 4lbs this week, she was gobsmacked cos she didnt know how she had done it, her words to the C when asked "how has your week been and what have you done different" - answer " I dont know, I can't follow slimming world all my life, I like my food too much and never think about syns" , following this, " well ive had cake, milk tray, wine ) arghhhhhhhhhhhhhh i dismay
I like my food a lot too, but have been at target for a long time now and I CAN FOLLOW S W for the rest of my life, no brainer! That annoys me too, silly woman! Think I need to go to bed now, getting grouchy! Night night x

This is a good thread, I do slimming world from home with my mum, use minimims and buy the magazine.
I used to go to rosemary Conley a few years ago and I enjoyed the class and we used to do aerobics at the end too!

Loll!!!

Someone left complaining this week, that was awkward! I think she'd missed some and had to pay a rejoining fee as she hadn't notified the consultant.

Back