DELETE PLEASE

at our group session this week we discussed costa coffee & cake syns. This has always been a bit of sticking point with me on SW, theres plenty of solutions for sitting down for a meal, but never really alot of options for eating something on the "run" Eating snacks out frighten me somewhat, and to be honest I think with some of them syns in costa I got reason to be frightened!!!

Helen xxx

Last night our discussion revolved around one thing - the peppermint tea will give you a clue!!

Haha, did you tell the consultant what effects it had on me? :eek:
I do enjoy the peppermint tea, it makes your stomach feel great if you feel bloated and groggy. xxx

Our C is normally brilliant but class was absolutely hammered on Monday and it took her well over an hr to go through everyones weight loss and people were still chit chatting all way through ......how rude!!!!! Its gonna be like that for a few wks yet until most think they can just weigh n go lol not like us die hards ha ha I always share tips and recipes from this site she loves me lol

We discussed flexible syns and how they work. We also talked about even though a lot of us do a lot of body magic that doesnt mean we have an excuse to over syn, we still need to stick to the 5 - 15 syns a day rule. This was just what I needed as I convinced myself that a zumba class would burn off 3 days of over synning!

We had SO many in our class last night we only just had time to do everyones loss.

I have been staying to IT since joining and we don't really discuss much other than weight losses, some bits get brief mentions, perhaps not as good as I thought!

I'm doing SW online so I'm always interested to hear about what's been discussed in people's classes - what have people been talking about recently? :)

Last night our class talked about Easter & how high in syns easter eggs are. The consultant did a raffle based around chocolate though but all low syn stuff and also other nice things.
She asked us as she went round if we were chocolate lovers and if easter would bother us in any way.
She also asked if we had cooked anything new this week x

Yes, we had a discussion about things that people eat at Easter, and our consultant said that she finds that usually her members gain more over Easter than they do at Christmas!

We talked about easter, numbers of syns in common things, accepting the consequences of next weigh in if you do decided to completely blow it. We talked about using flexi syns over easter, and remembering easter sunday is one day. And how to stay on plan if still desperate for a loss (like me! lol) -picking easter treats within syn allowances.

I want to be wise over Easter. Luckily for me chocolate is not one of my big weaknesses so should be ok. My boss bought us all a button easter egg yesterday & ive synned it up but not eaten it yet x

Hi

At my group we go through everyones weight loss etc. The C also goes through a few items and we say how many syns are in them.

We have a guess the weight loss game to win some Hi-Fi Bars

Also a raffle to win a book.

Very rarely do we discuss eating out, flexable syns, body magic etc.

However, this week we went through the 'bring a friend pack' and discussed all the topics in there, I think its first time that we have really done anything productive

Lisa xx

I suppose it's obvious what "flexible synning" is but would anyone care to share?

Hi

At my group we go through everyones weight loss etc. The C also goes through a few items and we say how many syns are in them.

We have a guess the weight loss game to win some Hi-Fi Bars

Also a raffle to win a book.

Very rarely do we discuss eating out, flexable syns, body magic etc.

However, this week we went through the 'bring a friend pack' and discussed all the topics in there, I think its first time that we have really done anything productive

Lisa xx

Whats the guessthe weight loss game please?

I suppose it's obvious what "flexible synning" is but would anyone care to share?

Flexible Syns is where you set an upper limit of syns (say 40) to enjoy an event.

You still count your syns, and as soon as you hit your upper limit you stop.

Official SW FAQ:
Q: What are flexible Syns?

A: There’s plenty of evidence that allowing yourself to be a little more flexible when you need to is the key to long-term success. Flexible Syns are the ‘safety valve’ you can use when you feel that otherwise you might just give in and lose control completely. And what a relief! Never again will you be able to accuse yourself of ‘blowing it’ just because you needed a few more Syns on the odd day or two. The difference to your self-esteem will be monumental – and you’ll have unlocked the key to your slimming success – for good! You will find out more about flexible Syns as a member.

*Emsie* said:
Whats the guessthe weight loss game please?

Hi

All it is, members will try and guess how many pounds we have lost in total for that week. It gets manic lol. Really simple but fun game x

We did the easter talk too but also discussed what choices to make to stay on plan when we're all doing "bank holiday stuff" like going to the seaside, having a barbeque, family picnics etc. With 5 bank holidays coming up in the next 6 weeks I thought it was a pretty good choice of topic.

Have to say I find our group discussions very informative with most members contributing their ideas and experiences.

Last night's group was a combination of both Monday night groups, but I must admit, some of the early session girls would not shut-up talking and they got on my nerves. They were quite happy to talk about why they had gains (most people did, inculding myself, was like Christmas again!!) but wouldn't shut-up when it was someone elses turn! Very annoying!

Anyway, that's what we talked about, what we'd done this week, and what we were going to do different this week etc. Our Consultant also had 7 tulips in a vase, one had drooped. Each tulip represented a day of the week, and she was saying that just cos one had drooped (IE a bad day) you wouldn't throw the other tulips away, so why throw your week away, which I thought was a lovely way of looking at it.

Tonight's class was about dealing with Halloween and bonfire night and making the right choices.

We also did a quiz on which Halloween treats had the lowest or highest syns, was quite surprising really x

Same as above :)

We're having a comfort food taster next week so we also discussed what we were all bringing

Back