DELETE PLEASE

Hmmmmmmmm, I'll give it some thought!!!!! But was thinking I can take fish to work for lunch this week & then have the same as Bob for tea when I get home, he doesn't like fish & would cook it until it was within an inch of it's life if I let him!!

Oh just remembered, I'm supposed to be doing RSC challenge tomorrow for tea, yikes best tell Bob!

I'm doing a week if new recipes - and its bloomin' expensive lol! Had a veggie paella on Thursday which was ok but not amazing...last night I had some roasted veg cous cous which was delish (having the rest for punch today if I get the chance!!) tonight is Sri Lankan tamarind dahl which I'm well looking forward to :) yum yum

I'm doing a week if new recipes - and its bloomin' expensive lol! Had a veggie paella on Thursday which was ok but not amazing...last night I had some roasted veg cous cous which was delish (having the rest for punch today if I get the chance!!) tonight is Sri Lankan tamarind dahl which I'm well looking forward to :) yum yum

I think it's dear because we are buying in stuff we wouldn't normally buy, food sounds brill.

That sounds really nice have you got a recipe and or pic to share when you do it?
I didn't manage the new recipe one v.well but have been doing lots of new recipes of late anyway so not too worried.
I bought plenty of fish in this week's shop so am going to do better this week I would say!

Tomorrow will be my last fish day, the house has stunk this week! I've been having pollock & cod, but for lunch I'm having something different & you may guess what seeing as it's my RSC challenge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What week are you all on?

I couldn't do the challenge last week as I was on banana, yogurt & honey for a few days told by the Dr.
I was on week 6 so thinking of restarting it from today :) xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

The tamarind dahl wasn't all it was cracked out to be - I followed the SW recipe and it didn't say to fry any of the spices which is really, really weird? Its nice though, i ended up having it in a bowl with some bread. Next time I'm going to tweak it and prepare it 'asian style' ie fry spices seperatley then add at the end as a masala, think it would bring the flavour out a bit better :)

Tonight is a welsh onion cake - I'm looking forward to it actually, even though its not the sort of thing I usually eat. its just cabbage, onion and spuds baked with rosmary...gonna serve it up with some green veg on the side (got broccoli, green beans, peas, kale) and probably have some gravy :)

Scan Bran Coffee Fudge Cake. Mix 2 eggs with 4 tbsp of sweetener, 1 tsp of coffee & a sachet of Highlights fudge hot chocolate, soak 4 scan bran in hot water then drain & mix with the egg etc. microwave for 8 minutes. 6 syns for the whole cake & 3 syns for the portion shown in the photo.

image-3223223621.jpg

In the last few days I made quite a few things.

Scan Bran Coffee Hazelnut Cake.

Mix 2 eggs with 4 tbsp of sweetener, 1 tsp of coffee & a sachet of Highlights Hazelnut hot chocolate, soak 4 scan bran in hot water then drain & mix with the egg etc. microwave for 8 minutes.
6 syns for the whole cake & 3 syns for the portion shown in the photo.

image-3684501365.jpg

Homemade Tomato & Red Lentil Soup
Syn Free on Extra Easy & Green.

1 tin of chopped tomatoes.
Half a pint of water mixed with 1 oxo or stockpot.
Handful of red lentils.
Salt & pepper.
Chilli flakes optional.

Add all ingredients to a pan. Simmer for 20-30 minutes.
Blitz then serve.

image-2236354374.jpg

Cheesy Pasta Bake

Blitz a tin of tomatoes, mix with garlic, onion and mushrooms, add to cooked pasta and top with cheese.

image-462381621.jpg

Chinese Fake Away only 5.5 syns

Egg Fried Rice Recipe:
I boiled a bag of rice as normal, then in a large frying pan use some Frylight, add some chopped onions and 2 eggs, stirring well, add the peas, then once the rice is cook, drain well then add to the frying pan, stir well, add some salt & pepper and a good splash of soy sauce then serve :)

Chinese Chicken Curry Recipe:
Cook some chicken pieces with onions and mushrooms and garlic, once cooked leave to stand. Cook the Mayflower curry sauce as directed 28g dry weight with 100-120ml of cold water in a pan, stir well until it has thickened then add the chicken mix & serve.

Vegetable Stir Fry:
This was a lazy recipe as I just used some mixed frozen stir fry vegetables in a pan, cooked the noodles in a separate pan for 5 minutes then mixed together with the vegetables and added soy sauce.

Chunky Chips were made in the Actifry.

image-3079093457.jpg

Corned Beef & Potato Balls

1 tin of lean corned beef {100g 2 syns)
4 large potatoes
1 large onion
dried thyme & rosemary
black pepper & salt
2 slices of hovis wholemeal (400g loaf) made into breadcrumbs this can be used as your healthy B allowance if eaten on the same day
3 beaten eggs
boil & mash potatoes
cube corned beef & chop onion mix with th mashed potato add the herbs.
put into fridge & chill for a couple of hrs to make it easier to work with.
beat eggs & make bread crumbs.
pre heat oven to 200
make potato mix into round balls about 2inches across
roll balls into egg & then roll into bread crumbs.
lay onto a frylighted ovenproof dish or tray
cook for about 10 mins untill browned
remove,chill & enjoy.

image-559287686.jpg

is it too late to join this group?
i go away on holiday in 11 weeks and want to join as much groups as possible to give me determination.

i want to loose 22lb in total for going so it works out 2lb per week:)

Feel free to join in Hun its no problem at all :)

Which week are you starting at?xxx

well i will say this is week 2. so that ive got the whole 11 weeks till i am away:)
xx

That's a good idea, I was thinking I'll do this again at some stage, I'm quite enjoying it. I'm on the bodymagic week now, which seems too easy for me as I already do a bit of bodymagic with cycling to work & geocaching in the eves, I could up it if I wanted, but I don't want to!!!!!!!!!!

You can do mine for me Hun haha I'm dreading that week xxx

Back