Delicate topic - bodily functions

im thinking i need more psyllium. i take 2 caps with each shake but its not working. have been having to use the senakot the doc prescribed. took 5 days for anything to happen and here comes the TMI time when i did finally go it was diohrreah and blood, was in a shopping centre at the time and nearly passed out. had to keep talking to madam in her chair to stop myself crashing out, deffo dont want that again!

does anyone know if the powders more effective than the caps?

Summayah it may be that the husks are too "gentle" for you and that you need fibre instead (which works a bit stronger than the husks). Go talk to the local health food shop people for advice.

sorry everyone but is it normal to go once a week while doing ss, was abit of a struggle but not to bad?? havent taken anything yet though

It can be yes... but you need to start taking something preventative daily.

They are not ideal. They are a laxative and you want to avoid having to use them as much as possible. Because we are not getting any fibre in our CD products our gut motility slows down. So you need to take a supplement. You can get fibre or psyllium husks from your local health food shops... get capsules if possible... either to swallow. Take it daily and it should keep your bowel habits reasonably regular and soft.

Back