Delicious meals with minimum ingredients.

61. FAJITA STYLE FILLING FOR PITTAS OR JACKETS - Serves 4

Syn Free

125ml Worcestershire Sauce
4 or 5 tbsp. of tomato puree
20ml freshly squeezed lime juice
450g skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
1 large onion, cut into strips
2 red and 1 green pepper, deseeded and cut into strips

In a medium sized bowl, mix together the Worcestershire Sauce, tomato puree and the lime juice.
Add the chicken strips, turning until well coated. Cover and leave to marinate for about 5 mins.
Heat a large frying pan, sprayed with Frylight, over a medium to high heat until hot.
Fry the onion and peppers for about 5 mins, turning occasionally. Remove from the pan and keep warm.
In the same pan, cook the chicken for 5 minutes (reserving the marinade), turning occasionally, until cooked through. Pour in the marinade and cook for 1-2 minutes more. Transfer to a warm serving bowl and add the onion and pepper mixture, stirring to combine.

Last edited:
RICE AND PRAWN ONE-POT - Serves 4 smallish portions OR, if you're ravenous, serves 2 :D Between 2 it works out at 2.5 Syns per portion, for the chorizo

1 onion, sliced
1 red and 1 green pepper, sliced
50g chorizo, diced
2 cloves of garlic
250g easy-cook Basmati rice (If using wholegrain you'll have to increase the cooking time)
400g chopped tomatoes
200g prawns

Pre-heat the oven to 200c/gas mk 6
Tip the onion, peppers, chorizo and crushed garlic into an ovenproof dish and spray with Frylight. Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
Stir in the rice, tomatoes and 500ml chicken or veg stock.
Add black pepper (I never add salt because of the chorizo but that's down to personal taste) and some smoked paprika or chilli flakes, if wanting more of a kick.
Bake, covered, for another 20 mins, stirring occasionally and checking if anymore liquid needs to be added.
Three minutes before the cooking time is up, stir through the prawns.

I have sometimes added chicken pieces too or substituted peas, if I have no peppers in.

Another keeper :D

62. TURKEY BACON WRAP - Serves 4

2.5 Syns per serving

4 rashers of un-smoked bacon, all visible fat removed
500g pack of turkey steaks (Sainsbury's sell these)
125g of Lighter Garlic and Herb Soft Cheese (Sainsbury's sell this)
Baby new potatoes, halved

Lay the bacon on a chopping board and place a turkey steak on the middle of each.
Spread a quarter of the cheese on each steak, season with black pepper, then wrap up with the rashers.
Spray a large frying pan with Frylight and heat over quite a high heat. Add the bacon wrapped turkey and brown all over. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for 15 minutes, turning occasionally, until cooked through and the juices are running clear.
Meanwhile, cook the potatoes for about 15 minutes and serve.
Lovely with just a side salad.

Last edited:
made this last night it was yummy, decided to plan my evening meals for the week and most are of here :) doing prawns and rice tonight. Thanks chocko1 x

I want to make this for tonight! You guys are amazing. Thanks Chocko. Is someone putting all these recipes somewhere? Dont want them lost forever!

NUMBERED INDEX ON PAGE 55 and 98

63. PASTA ARRABIATTA - Serves 4

Syn Free, if using Parmesan as a HEX.

2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
1 small bunch of basil
400g can of chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp. tomato puree
100g Parmesan

Frylight a large pan and gently fry the garlic and chilli for 2-3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and puree to the pan, stir, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Pick the leaves off the basil stalks and add to the pan.
Meanwhile, cook sufficient spaghetti for 4 people, following the pack instructions and add pepper to the cooking water.
Drain the spaghetti and stir through the sauce.
Serve, scattered with the Parmesan shavings.

Last edited:
64. LEMON AND GARLIC ROASTED SALMON - Serves 4

Syns per serving - 0.5

1 teaspoon lemon juice
4 tbsp. Hellman's Lighter Than Light Mayo - 2 Syns
1 teaspoon crushed garlic
4 salmon fillets
250g cherry tomatoes

Mix the lemon juice with the garlic.
Brush over the salmon and cherry tomatoes.
Place in an ovenproof dish and bake at 170C/gas 5 for 15 minutes.

Lovely with new potatoes, wholegrain rice, salad, couscous, etc.

Last edited:
RICE AND PRAWN ONE-POT - Serves 4 smallish portions OR, if you're ravenous, serves 2 :D Between 2 it works out at 2.5 Syns per portion, for the chorizo

1 onion, sliced
1 red and 1 green pepper, sliced
50g chorizo, diced
2 cloves of garlic
250g easy-cook Basmati rice (If using wholegrain you'll have to increase the cooking time)
400g chopped tomatoes
200g prawns

Pre-heat the oven to 200c/gas mk 6
Tip the onion, peppers, chorizo and crushed garlic into an ovenproof dish and spray with Frylight. Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
Stir in the rice, tomatoes and 500ml chicken or veg stock.
Add black pepper (I never add salt because of the chorizo but that's down to personal taste) and some smoked paprika or chilli flakes, if wanting more of a kick.
Bake, covered, for another 20 mins, stirring occasionally and checking if anymore liquid needs to be added.
Three minutes before the cooking time is up, stir through the prawns.

I have sometimes added chicken pieces too or substituted peas, if I have no peppers in.

Had the leftovers cold for lunch today and was just as good x

65. CHICKEN AND TOMATO SPICED CURRY - Serves 4

0.5 Syns per serving, unless using more Madras paste. Could get round this by using some Madras curry powder instead.

1 onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
1 tbsp. Madras curry paste - 2 Syns (add more if needed but remember to Syn accordingly)
450g cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
300g veg, cut into bite-sized pieces. Could cook before adding, if preferred. Maybe use red peppers, cauli, green beans, carrots, etc.
FF coconut or natural yoghurt to add at the end, if required. May have to Syn the coconut one, depending on which you use.

Spray a large frying pan with Frylight and heat. Cook the onion and garlic over a medium heat until golden.
Add the curry paste and cook for one minute.
Add the tomatoes and 200ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the veg and cook until tender. Stir in the chicken and season with salt and black pepper. Simmer gently until piping hot.

Add extra curry paste, if you like and, if using yoghurt, remove from the heat and stir through. Lovely served with rice.

Last edited:
Hiya, I bought tikka paste a while back, is the syns the same for it? I'm afraid to use it in case it's horrific lol

Hi Autumn. The Patak's tikka paste is 1 Syn per 1 level tablespoon but the Patak's Tikka Masala paste, for some reason, is 2 Syns per level tablespoon! Thought they were the same thing!! :D Not sure about others but would presume they're the same. Let me know which one you've bought and I'll check on the online Syns.

66. LENTIL AND SPINACH CURRY - Serves 4

Syn Free

1 red onion, finely chopped
2 cloves of garlic, crushed
Half a teaspoon of garam masala
One and a half teaspoons of mild curry powder
100g red lentils
400g can of chickpeas
200g baby spinach

Spray a large pan with Frylight. Saute the onion and garlic for 3 minutes.
Stir in the spices and the lentils and cook for one minute. Season with salt.
Pour in 250ml of water.
Add the tomatoes and bring to the boil.
Cover and simmer for 12-15 minutes or until the lentils are swollen.
Stir in chickpeas and the spinach and cook for a further 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir 3 tbsp. of FF natural yoghurt through before serving, if you like.

Last edited:
Hi Autumn. The Patak's tikka paste is 1 Syn per 1 level tablespoon but the Patak's Tikka Masala paste, for some reason, is 2 Syns per level tablespoon! Thought they were the same thing!! :D Not sure about others but would presume they're the same. Let me know which one you've bought and I'll check on the online Syns.

It's the pataks tikka paste-thanks for checking, do you think your recipe would work if I swapped your paste for the tikka one?

67. SAUSAGE AND LEEK HASH - Serves 4

Approx. 0.5 Syn per serving, if using the cheese as part HEX's.

8 Syn Free SW sausages
6 cooked potatoes, sliced
350g cooked, sliced leeks (could use broccoli or cabbage)
1 tbsp. creamed horseradish sauce - 1.5 Syns per level tbsp. (more if you want to heat things up a bit but don't forget to Syn it)
100g mature, grated Cheddar cheese

Heat a large based pan and dry-fry the sausages until well browned (or grill them, like I do).
Remove the sausages and slice them diagonally and set aside.
Spray the pan with Frylight and turn the heat to high, then add the potatoes and leeks and give them a good stir. Continue to cook until the potatoes begin to brown and turn crisp.
Put the sausage slices back in, along with the horseradish and heat for a further 2-3 minutes.
Take the pan off the heat, sprinkle in the cheese, season well and stir to combine.

Last edited:
68. SPICY SALMON TABBOULEH - Serves

0.5 - 1 Syn per serving.

200g bulghar wheat
250g salmon fillet
1 onion, finely chopped
2.5cm piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
150g FF Greek yoghurt
1-2 tbsp. Patak's Korma paste
Juice of half a lemon
150g smoked salmon
Small handful of coriander or parsley, finely chopped

Cook the bulghar wheat in plenty of salted water, following pack instructions. Drain, tip into a large bowl and cool.
Put the salmon fillet on a foil-lined grill and spray with Frylight before seasoning. Grill for 7-10 mins, turning once halfway through, until it flakes easily. Cool.
Frylight another pan, add the onions and ginger and fry for about 5 mins until softened and lightly coloured.
Stir in the curry paste and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Remove from the heat and stir in the yoghurt, lemon juice and some seasoning. Leave to cool.
Skin and flake the salmon fillet. Cut the smoked salmon into strips. Add the fresh salmon and half the salmon strips to the bulghar wheat with the yoghurt dressing and half the coriander. Stir everything together lightly so as not to break the salmon up too much.
Tip onto a serving plate and scatter over the remaing smoked salmon strips and coriander. Add lemon wedges and serve.

Last edited:
69. BAKED AUBERGINES WITH CANNELLINI BEANS - Serves 2

Syn Free, if using the Parmesan as a HEX.

2 aubergines, halved lengthways (leave the stem on)
1 onion, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 thyme sprig, leaves picked
400g can chopped tomatoes
400g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
25g Parmesan, grated

Heat oven to 220C/gas 7.
Using the tip of a knife, score the cut side of the aubergines with a criss-cross pattern. Place in a roasting tin or dish, where the aubergines will fit snugly.
Spray liberally with Frylight, season and bake for 30 minutes or until tender.
Meanwhile, spray a frying pan with Frylight. Add the onion and garlic and cook for about 8 minutes or until soft.
Add the thyme leaves, tomatoes, beans and half a can of water. Simmer for about 10 minutes or until thickened, then season.
Spoon the bean mixture under and around the aubergine halves.
Scatter with the Parmesan and bake for 10 minutes more until golden.

Last edited:
Back