Demon's Maintenance Journey

MAINTENANCE
boi18.gif
good morning everyone
huge.gif

Bit dull and overcast here in Wilts again, but at least it's not raining right now. Haven't heard the weather forecast yet, but here's hoping it clears up nicely like it did yesterday.

Found a few errors when we went to the house yesterday :doh: wrong tiles in the downstars loo, wrong fire, wardrobe doors etc . etc - bit annoying, but nothing serious and they've promised to get it all sorted within the next week. Have to say, in spite of this, the house is lovely - really looking forward to moving in :king:

My appraisal was okay - she was being pretty careful - know she talked to my old boss so suspect that was why she was being very careful in what she said. Got the score I expected from her - first time in 8yrs I've received Good rather than Excellent - will just have to bite the bullet and put it down to a 'one off' and be grateful I've moved on.. Annoying 'cos it does affect my annual payrise, but hey, figure with my record, this reflects more on her than me!!!!

Here's the menu..........

Brekkie - 2 shredded wheat plus a mug of coffee made with remainder of my half pint skimmed milk.
Mid Morning - small banana
Lunch - chopped new pots, tuna, cucumber and cherry tomatoes tossed in fat free dressing. CD choc orange bar. Grapes.
Dinner - steamed fish and stir fry veggies. CD butterscotch shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
Wishing you all a good and POSITIVE day
fairys193.gif

My appraisal was okay - she was being pretty careful - know she talked to my old boss so suspect that was why she was being very careful in what she said. Got the score I expected from her - first time in 8yrs I've received Good rather than Excellent - will just have to bite the bullet and put it down to a 'one off' and be grateful I've moved on.. Annoying 'cos it does affect my annual payrise, but hey, figure with my record, this reflects more on her than me!!!!

I had to read this with a wry smile (nothing derogatory I promise) because whenever I take on someone who has worked elsewhere in the same org'n who has been appraised as excellent, I ALWAYS do the first appraisal along the lines of 'I don't as a rule, ever rate someone as excellent because they are truly rare animals who would be MD within a couple of years so it is not a reflection on you if you do not get excellent, just that I am tougher than most' then the following appraisal - if they truly are 'excellent', I can do the humility bit of 'well, you proved me wrong and I am not ashamed to admit that you should indeed be rated excellent' - that way, I set the scene for being able to concede - if I started with excellent, the only to move is down.

Horrible people - Bosses - aren't we? Its all about positioning - and hence the 'Care' that she took - didn't want to flick your 'off switch'

MAINTENANCE
fetch.dll
Bit dull here again but it's been clearing up nicely over the last few days so fingers crossed.

Promises to be another busy day at work............soooo pleased to be in my new department
medium-smiley-074.gif

Horrible people - Bosses - aren't we?

Know what you mean about 'excellent' mindless and agree that bosses have to be careful how they dish them out lol 'managing expectations' etc. I've been really lucky - had 9 different bosses over the last 8yrs and can honestly say I've got on really well with all of them (they've all been completely different) with just this one exception - usually find that we secretaries tend to have a different relationship with our boss than other members of the team. Absolutely know I've deserved my rating every time............would say that though wouldn't I
winking0071.gif

My new boss is lovely - she's known me for over 7yrs - used to be in the same department - we had a chat about the appraisal yesterday and she's going to arrange a payrise to compensate for the difference. Course it does help that she knows the WW really well and has seen first hand the bullying treatment others have also suffered. Sooo nice to be appreciated again
huge.gif

Brekkie - 2 shredded wheat plus a mug of coffee made with remainder of my half pint skimmed milk.
Lunch - Baxters autumn veg soup plus a small granary roll with 1 Laughing Cow light triangle. CD caramel bar. Apple.
Dinner - quorn sausages and veggies. CD banana shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
jtinkbel.gif
wishing you all a good and POSITIVE day
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
coff5.gif
morning everyone
huge.gif

Expecting to complete on our new house today, very excited
jumping0045.gif

Lunch - tuna, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free salad dressing. CD choc bar. Apple.
Dinner - quorn chilli and rice. CD cappuccino shake made into mousse..........and if all goes to plan will be cracking open a bottle of bubbly
Tropical_drink.gif

4/5ltrs water.
baer009.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE

fetch.dll

Bright and sunny here in Wilts today...................shame it's back to work
confused0066.gif

House completion went smoothly on Friday - spent most of the weekend rushing around choosing a fridgefreezer, dishwasher and new bed. Still got to arrange blinds,curtains etc, etc. It's going to be at least a month before we actually move in, but it's soooo nice knowing that it's finally ours
Invision-Board-France-76.gif

Lunch - not sure yet - off to look at a new conference venue and lunch is being provided - bound to be something nice
winking0071.gif

Dinner - steamed fish and veggies. CD butterscotch shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
125.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
coff5.gif
morning everyone
huge.gif

Bright and sunny here again. Read in the paper yesterday that thunderstorms are forecast...........keeping fingers crossed they miss Wilts
confused0066.gif

Lunch - pasta, tuna, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free dressing. CD choc orange bar. Grapes.
Dinner - steamed fish and veggies. CD cappuccino shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
1238.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
boi18.gif
good morning everyone
huge.gif

Don't know why, but I was absolutely freezing yesterday even though the weather was lovely. Couldn't get warmed up all day
confused0036.gif

Lunch - chopped new pots, tuna, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free dressing. CD caramel bar. Apple.
Dinner - steamed fish and stir fried veggies. CD choc mint shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
baer009.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
morning2.gif
Very busy day ahead. Mother put most of her summer clothes into storage when she moved in with us last Nov - saved space in my little house lol - but she's now desperate for something to wear so I'll be going to the depot this morning to sort through her things and decide what will fit into the new house. Got a feeling there's way too much stuff
confused0085.gif

Need to rush back here by 12 as I've got a client coming during lunch hour and then I'll be off to work - only managed to arrange the morning off. At this rate I'll meet myself coming back
confused0061.gif
happy0192.gif
happy0192.gif
happy0192.gif

Here's the menu.......... always providing I find time to actually stop long enough to eat it...........
winking0071.gif

Lunch - pasta, tuna, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free dressing. CD malt toffee bar. Apple.
Dinner - quorn sausages and veggies. CD choc shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
jtinkbel.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
boi18.gif
good morning everyone
huge.gif

Don't you just hate going back to work after a Bank hol weekend.................aaaarrrrrgh
confused0061.gif

It's been a very hectic last few days - been running around sorting things out with the new house - still got loads to do
confused0085.gif

Celebrated Mother's 81st birthday yesterday so overindulged with a rather scrummy meal out :eat: Definitely back to sensible eating today
winking0071.gif

Lunch - tuna, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free dressing. CD choc orange bar. Apple.
Dinner - steamed fish and veggies. CD cappuccino shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
125.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
morning2.gif
Still overcast here in Wilts, was very cold yesterday..............brrrrr!!!!!!!!! Did lots of running around yesterday - had to go over to the new house in my lunch hour to wait for deliveries. They always expect you to wait around for hours 12-6pm
confused0085.gif
Mr.D took over for the rest of the afternoon - he finally got home at 3.30pm so not too bad - suppose it could have been worse!!!!!!!

Lunch - pasta, tuna, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free dressing. CD choc bar. Satsuma.
Dinner - chicken and veggies. CD butterscotch shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
jtinkbel.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
fetch.dll
Dull, overcast and windy here in Wilts today
confused0061.gif
so what happened to all that lovely weather!!!!!!!!!!

Not long to go now before our cruise - really looking forward to getting away and relaxing for a week. My life is sooo busy right now definitely need the break.

Lunch - chopped new pots, mixed pulses, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free dressing. CD malt toffee bar. Satsuma.
Dinner - fish and veggies. CD toffee and walnut shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
1238.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
zwthr13.gif
morning everyone - much brighter here in Wilts this morning...............fingers crossed it means we're in for a nice weekend
huge.gif

Off to work shortly - still very busy - don't think it'll calm down anytime soon
confused0061.gif

Lunch - running around town today so will probably treat myself to a nice M&S sandwich..............yummy
happy0144.gif

Dinner - sliced chicken, salad and some scrummy M&S coleslaw..........what makes you think I'm a HUGE fan of their food
winking0071.gif
happy0193.gif
happy0193.gif
CD banana shake made into mousse.

4/5ltrs water.
dier39.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
coff5.gif
morning everyone
huge.gif

wthr32.gif
and miserable here in Wilts today. Mother's off to Cornwall for a few days so hope it clears up for her. Got a busy day ahead - popping over to the new house to wait for a delivery then its off to work - no doubt will be playing catch up for the rest of the day
confused0085.gif

On a count down now - only 6 days til we're
liner.gif
the mediterranean.............can't wait
nature-smiley-016.gif

Brekkie - porridge made with half water/milk from allowance plus a mug of coffee with remainder of my half pint skimmed milk.
Lunch - tuna, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free dressing. CD choc orange bar. Satsuma.
Dinner - fish and veggies. CD cappuccino shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
125.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
boi18.gif
good morning everyone
huge.gif

Reasonably bright, but windy here in Wilts today. Another busy day ahead - sooo much to do before we go away
confused0061.gif

Lunch - pasta, tuna, cucumber, cherry toms tossed in fat free dressing. CD choc orange bar. Grapes.
Dinner - chicken and stir fried veggies. CD banana shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water.
Wishing you all a good and POSITIVE day
fairys193.gif

word0009.gif
well it's finally come round - we're off to the airport at 2am.................YEAH............... really need this break
jumping0045.gif

Never done a cruise before so hoping this will be good. We're having a day in Rome first then it's onto the boat - includes shore trips to Elba, Pisa, Florence, Nice, Cannes, St Tropeze and Palma. Come to think of it, doesn't sound that relaxing after all lol

Don't intend to think about the diet while we're away so guessing I'll need to retrench like mad for a couple of weeks when we get home
winking0071.gif

GoodNight.gif
see you all in a just over a weeks time
rhugs.gif

MAINTENANCE
boi18.gif
good morning everyone
huge.gif

Got back from hols late Sunday to pouring rain
confused0066.gif

Staying away from the scales til Saturday morning - feeling extremely podgy and bloated - haven't quite got the hang of this holiday lark yet - ate enough to feed an army :break_diet:

Planning to stick to 790 this week to reverse a bit of the damage
confused0061.gif

Here's the menu........

Brekkie - half CD choc orange bar plus mug of coffee with half pint of skimmed milk
Lunch - CD banana tetra pak and other half of bar
Dinner - fish and steamed veggies, CD cappuccino shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water

I know, I know, all very boring, but sooo worth it to feel normal again
winking0071.gif

125.gif
huge.gif

MAINTENANCE
boi18.gif
good morning everyone
huge.gif

Got back from hols late Sunday to pouring rain
confused0066.gif

Staying away from the scales til Saturday morning - feeling extremely podgy and bloated - haven't quite got the hang of this holiday lark yet - ate enough to feed an army :break_diet:

Planning to stick to 790 this week to reverse a bit of the damage
confused0061.gif

Here's the menu........

Brekkie - half CD choc orange bar plus mug of coffee with half pint of skimmed milk
Lunch - CD banana tetra pak and other half of bar
Dinner - fish and steamed veggies, CD cappuccino shake made into mousse.
4/5ltrs water

I know, I know, all very boring, but sooo worth it to feel normal again
winking0071.gif

125.gif
huge.gif

Hi Demon,

Lovely to see you back:)

What's a holiday if you don't indulge a little:p

Did you like the cruise and would you do it again:rolleyes::confused:

I have often thought about doing one but never got around to it.

Love Mini xxx

MAINTENANCE
morning2.gif
bit late getting on here today - taking a while to get back into the work mode lol Dull and miserable here in Wilts - really missing all that sunshine. Was truly manic at work yesterday and will be playing catch up again today
confused0061.gif

Thanks for the welcome back mini
huge.gif
Would I go on a cruise again...........not sure
confused0006.gif
So many ports of call and so little time to fit everything in.
Most of the excursions were between 5-10hrs long and, yes you don't have to do them all, but how do you justify staying on board when you've just one day to see Florence and Pisa for example. Leaves very little time to relax
confused0085.gif

Most of the passengers on board, Aussies and Americans, were doing a 28 day cruise and for them it's a fantastic way to see lots of Europe. Mind you, think they'll need that long to recover when they get home
happy0193.gif
For us Brits though, it's sooo easy to hop over to the continent that I'd prefer to spend a few days in each place and get more than just a 'snap shot'.

Really couldn't fault the Marco Polo - fantastic service from all the staff and great food - too much of that lol
winking0071.gif
On balance I'd say we'd probably only consider repeating the experience travelling on their Alaskan or South American itinerary.

Having said all of that we had a lovely time - weather was extremely hot which suits me fine..........but.........gosh, guess the best word to describe it is 'relentless'.

Here's the menu........

Lunch - off for a pub lunch so will probably have chicken salad
Dinner - CD oriental chilli soup. Other half of bar.
4/5ltrs water
dier39.gif
huge.gif

Back