Demon's Maintenance Journey

Week 28/Day Six

Good morning everyone :)

Not raining now, but has been and it's still grey and dull so I expect we're in for more. Will be popping into town later so hope it holds off for that - not much fun trailing a wet umbrella through the shops :eek:
Wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

What a day it's been !!!!! We had a bit of a disaster - the washing machine blew up we had to hotfoot it off to Comet to look for a new one and hope we could get one to bring straight home
icon_frown.gif
And it was tipping with rain...........always something to go wrong in this house
icon_eek.gif

Only just finished installing it and, oh boy is it quiet after my old one !!!! We ended up buying a Bosch 'cos they get good reviews..........hey it's got to be better than my 15yr old Indesit lol

Did manage to pop into town first to return a few bits I'd ordered online from M&S.......very chuffed they were too big
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
icon_biggrin.gif
Poor Mr.D must feel like he's been mugged though 'cos not only has he had to fork out for a new washer, but I also wanted a new moisturiser - bought Lancome - nearly died at the price £81.........gulp

Really behind now - thank goodness for sky+ - off to make my soup and flop for the rest of the evening :)

Week 28/Day seven

Had a lovely lie in..........BLISS :D Started off very dull and wet here, but the sun is out now and the forecast is promising it'll get even brighter as the day goes on. Fingers crossed 'cos we're planning to take a trip out to a garden centre this afternoon.

Got Mother as usual so it's cooking the Sunday dinner thing again later...........strange how it really doesn't bother me at all now.............seems ages ago that it caused sooo much angst. WOW , have I come a long way :D :D :D :D
smilie_fee.gif

Last edited:
Good Luck

Good Luck with the weigh in for tomorrow Demon !!

Had a pretty boring weekend. Weather in Manchester was bad on Saturday. The other half plays cricket so it was called off on Saturday but he didn't come home till 4.30 so it was a wasted day:mad: . Went to the trafford centre this PM and treated myself to some new trousers.

I got 1 pair for work & one for weekends both were 2 sizes smaller than usual.:D

Its my daughters last day off tomorrow so going to go swimming which I dont mind. Try to do at least a mile a week as well as once or twice on my cross trainer.

Mum & Dad went on hols yesterday. I am a bit naffed off because was planning going with them before starting LL but decided to give it a miss :(. My Mum is also my best buddy so will be missing her all week!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Bought some plants for the pots out in the garden - don't usually bother for the winter, but thought it would be nice to have a bit of colour in the cold weather for a change :)

It's really great buying smaller sizes isn't it lena - I love being able to go into the shops now and buy whatever takes my fancy :D Didn't enjoy clothes shopping for years - hated only ever being able to go into places like Evans !!!!

Missing this holiday will be really worthwhile - just think how SLIM you'll be for the next one :D :D :D

Oh well, another weekend over, off to bed shortly, nite, nite
smilie_fee.gif

Week 29/Day One

Monday and back to work aaaarrrrg :( and it's dull and grey here too so back to the ice-box !!!!!!

WI this evening - only got 3lbs to lose so fingers crossed I'm nearly there :)
smilie_fee.gif

Just home from WI and well isn't it just typical...............needed to lose 3lb and yes.............you've guessed............managed to get rid of 2lb :eek:

Oh well, only one more week before starting maintenance............ONWARDS & DOWNWARDS :D :D :D :D

Off to slurp my soup and collapse in front of the box.

Week 29/Day Two

Very dull and overcast today, looks like we're in for some rain :( Hope it holds off over lunch time as I'll be popping into town to meet Mother as usual on a Tuesday.

Off to work shortly - wishing you all a good and positive day
smilie_fee.gif

The day turned out to be surprisingly warm and sunny - didn't even get too cold at work today even though I had to sit through a 2hr meeting this morning - hurray made a lovely change
nature-smiley-016.gif

Planning my usual lazy evening watching the box - can't remember what's on, but sure I can find something ;) Off to slurp some soup - will pop back later :)

Week 29/Day Three

Dry and a bit dull here today, but looks like it could brighten up as the day goes on. Let's hope so 'cos I've got another meeting this morning!!!

1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day.

Morning Babe,
It is a bright morning here,been up since 5.30 hubby gone to work,he started new old job today if you see what I mean,I have been to the fild and played ball with Baily my sons dog and Belle my day.Baily goes home today I will miss playing ball with him.Me a sadoo or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope meeting not to bad,
Have a good and positive day.
Love Libbie x

It's looking lovely and bright outside, but yes you've guessed...........I'm absolutely freezing

Got the supermarket shopping on the way home - just been told the MIL is coming for dinner on Sunday...........deep joy
icon_eek.gif
Haven't seen her since I started CD so expect I'll get the third degree about it all. Be interesting to see what her reaction is
;)

Oh Babe she can not help but be so pleased for you.
Saw my brother a couple of week ago last time I saw him I was on week one of CD,him and sil were so pleased for me.
This morning I got a letter that made me cry good cry it was a congrats card from my dad,
Hope you have a good time with MIL and she is nice to you
You derserve it you have done so well
Congrats from me.
Love Libbie x

libbie you've cheered me up :)

It'll probably be fine on Sunday, it's just that we've always had a bit of a spikey relationship, but we've just heard she's bringing Mr.D's aunt from America with her so she's bound to be on best behaviour ;)

Came home to a nice surprise - my CDC training pack has arrived - I'm sooo looking forward to 30th Sept.

Off to slurp some soup and read through the paperwork..........feeling really excited now
medium-smiley-074.gif

Been to Weigh in!!!

Just come back from LL weigh in and lost another 3.5 lbs. So am just over 1 lb off 2 & 1/2 stone.Really pleased as never expected to be at day 52 of the journey and be nearly 2 & 1/2 stone lighter.:D

I am amazed at how many comments I am getting off people. :p

Great about you getting your CDC pack Demon and hope all goes well for you. Great weight loss as well this week but dont be downhearted about not getting that extra 1lb. Just think that if you do the same next week you will be 1lb under goal :eek: .

Take care

Just think that if you do the same next week you will be 1lb under goal :eek: .

LOL lena, now that is a thought :D

FANTASTIC 3.5lb loss this week :D :D :D No wonder you're getting comments from people, bet they can't believe how how well you've done in such a short time. WELL DONE you

Off to bed shortly, nite, nite

Week 29/Day Four

Very late this morning - don't know why but I woke up with an upset tummy and have spent the last few hours on the
mixed-sm.gif
really not nice :(

Feeling a lot better now..........don't think there's much left lol
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
so planning to go into work at lunch time.

1238.gif
wishing you all a good and positive day :)

Managed to get into work around 12.30 and, apart from feeling a bit delicate lol everything seems to have settled down now.

One of my colleagues said 'so sorry you've had the squitties'..........not heard it called that before, but very apt
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Planning the usual lazy evening in front of the box - at least I've a good excuse today ;)

Back